eBay Stealth Account As A Buyer?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-14-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default eBay Stealth Account As A Buyer??

Hi, I had my ebay account suspended on friday night after having the account for 5 years, having almost 1000 feedback and 100% plus an above average detailed seller rating. I was only able to sell 10 items per month, so I contacted ebay to ask why this was, and to ask if I could have the allowance increased. I was told I couldn't as my account was linked to another suspended account. I told them I wasn't familiar with the user they mentioned. After the conversation, I logged off then 2 hours later my account was suspended.
I was so upset so I spoke to ebay again and they told me that it wasn't even up for discussion and my account would never be reinstated. They told me their duty is to make sure buyers and sellers are safe, and hinted that I was a dangerous person. Needless to say I was so taken aback they were hinting I was some kind of monster. I told them they only needed to look at my feedback as that says it all.
Anyway...I didn't really sell items very much only once in a while and they were personal items. I was a buyer, I use ebay on a daily basis to buy items. My question is: Is it possible to own a buyer stealth account? If so, how would that work? I'm not sure how I would be able to receive purchased goods without using my address.
Thank you in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: eBay Stealth Account As A Buyer??

yes it is possible to own a buyer stealth account, even easier than a seller one.

do it properly though, as it is important to you, follow forum advice re linking.

different options, but some have worked for me, cost effective one is variation of name and door number of address (not post code) you can then use your real card to buy, as postcode is all you need to pass avs usually.....ideas are new house name, or put flat or unit and then door number to break it up, think along those lines...as long as it looks realistic or sellers will question a weird address....

you can also use a vcc to buy with....

pobox are expensive just for buying, but an option.

or use click and collect and then you can have a non-accessible different address.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 09-14-2015 at 01:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-16-2015)
Old 09-14-2015

Longevity: 56%

Wow, you got a major shut down.

Its rare for ebay to takeaway buying options on accounts these days, normally its just selling... they really do think you are selling weapons of mass destruction, or you work for Amazon, or ISIS.
Old 09-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response. I'm still a little confused as to how it works.
Wired, not once have I ever sold or bought anything dangerous such as weapons. I have never sold for Amazon, and I certainly don't work for isis. I still have absolutely no idea what so ever as to why I was suspended. They told me they couldn't tell me! I have always stuck to eBay rules, I've never bought or sold anything I shouldn't have, I've never had anything bad to say to any buyers or sellers. It's actually been really stressful not to mention so upsetting how they have treat me! Especially not knowing why!!
When I spoke to them after they suspended my account, I told them they could stop me from selling, but I was a good buyer and asked them to allow me to continue buying! They told me they wouldn't allow that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Millie For This Useful Post:
theshoefairy (08-30-2018)
Old 09-15-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Talking with eBay is quite useless or better the answers you get from them are always generic and useless.

Buyer account, as far as I am concerned, is never an issue.
I have a stealth account for buying things (new name, ip, phone and all...) but still using my banned delivery address and nothing happened.

I guess they are not very concered on buyer accounts, tho.

This is my personal experience.
Old 09-15-2015

Longevity: 65%

I can confirm that I am also using the same delivery address across multiple accounts.

Some of which have been banned. Others are still running. Delivery address and registered address are different things it seems in the eyes of eBay.

The only two reasons I know buyer accounts can be taken down is abusing the resolution centre and linking to previous banned accounts via Name/DOB/Address/PayPal Acc. IP and Cookies in my experience does not make any difference in spite of what other people say. (however I make all my new accounts with a Fresh IP and use that for a few weeks) later I just use it on same IP as all my other accounts.
Old 09-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Thank you for your response. I'm still a little confused as to how it works.
Wired, not once have I ever sold or bought anything dangerous such as weapons. I have never sold for Amazon, and I certainly don't work for isis. I still have absolutely no idea what so ever as to why I was suspended. They told me they couldn't tell me! I have always stuck to eBay rules, I've never bought or sold anything I shouldn't have, I've never had anything bad to say to any buyers or sellers. It's actually been really stressful not to mention so upsetting how they have treat me! Especially not knowing why!!
When I spoke to them after they suspended my account, I told them they could stop me from selling, but I was a good buyer and asked them to allow me to continue buying! They told me they wouldn't allow that!
To get a buyer ban these days is almost impossible, so you have raised some major security concerns. If you are genuinely none the wiser, the account they have somehow linked you to is the super risk one.

Unfortunately, theres no way out of this. If you just want to buy, register a new account using your normal details, itll be fine to buy on.
Old 09-15-2015
Threadstarter  

A little over 5 years ago I had an account suspended I can't even remember why it was suspended but I know it was nothing serious. When I contacted ebay to ask to raise my selling allowance they told me the reason I was limited to selling 10 items per month was because my account was linked to a previous suspended account. They said to me if I logged onto my old account and sorted it all out then they would raise my selling allowance. I told them I didn't know of the account they had me linked to but then me being silly later logged onto my old suspended account not realising they would link me through IP addresses. I contacted ebay on live chat to ask why my account had even been suspended over 5 years ago and asked if there was anything I could do to resolve the issues on the account. It was then they told me no matter what I would never be able to resolve the issues as they want to keep their buyers and sellers in a safe environment and told me they weren't aloud to tell me why I was suspended. I logged off then later on that night logged on to my current one only to see I had been suspended. I'm still none the wiser, and it seems never will find out. Thank you for your replies I think I will give it a try and see. Those of you who have used your address again for buying did you use the same PayPal account too? I'm not sure if to use my old PayPal or set up a new one.

Last edited by Millie; 09-15-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2015

Ah, like I thought, the plot thickened.
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

no you cannot use the same paypal account, you need a new ebay/paypal pairing.
remember you need cleaned up computer and ip etc
Old 09-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

My own experience building a buyer account for an address that was suspended....I varied up the address - did a test by mailing myself letter and it came.

I have purchases quite a few things using eB/pp - no reusing of bank account or CC - all fresh.

And - most importantly - I will NOT be using it for selling /period
Old 04-17-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Talking with eBay is quite useless or better the answers you get from them are always generic and useless.

Buyer account, as far as I am concerned, is never an issue.
I have a stealth account for buying things (new name, ip, phone and all...) but still using my banned delivery address and nothing happened.

I guess they are not very concered on buyer accounts, tho.

This is my personal experience.
is banned delivery address allowed for buyer accounts on ebay?

Have your accounts stayed with you?

Cheers
Old 04-17-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
My own experience building a buyer account for an address that was suspended....I varied up the address - did a test by mailing myself letter and it came.

I have purchases quite a few things using eB/pp - no reusing of bank account or CC - all fresh.

And - most importantly - I will NOT be using it for selling /period

Cheers
Old 04-17-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

For buyer accounts, eB is a bit less scrupulous than for seller accounts but do NOT use old credit cards and payment methods
Old 04-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james921 View Post

Cheers
Give this a rest, james.

You are asking the same question in every old thread you bump.

You got suspended for too many RETURNS.

Your main thread had the points of most benefit.

Your current info is blacklisted.

To reuse this, to reuse the same paypal will link you.

This is basic stealth.
Buying your thousand of pounds daily for delivery to a blacklisted address is too risky.
Old 04-19-2016

Longevity: 50%

Hello All

>Sorry moderator for a re-post, but I just saw this discussion which perked up my interest as this is very similar to what happened to me as ‘Buyer’ only, so I’ve relisted this here as the topic is spot on for my own situation.<

Being an assumed victim of the 2014 ebay hacking with someone else apparently listing potentially infringing items under my account, without leaving any evidence that I could see, but ebays systems apparently seeing the items and subsequently banning me for life. (see message below from ebay)

This all started with a suspension email sent to me from out of the blue requesting proof of identity documents, which I emailed them (mistake I know, but I didn’t know any better at the time). Everything was then reinstated and I carried on as normal not thinking anything more about the incident. (I made a very high bid for an item that I just had to win and would also not be around to up the bid on - maybe this triggered suspicion as it could have looked like a shrill bid, which it was not. I did win the item)

Then about a month later the final death nail email arrived which was a real shocker when you consider I have Only ever been a bidder/buyer (never a seller thus never having listed anything, let alone 'potentially infringing items') The whole situation was crazy:

""Thank you for contacting us regarding the suspension of your account.
I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our decision not to reinstate your account. I can understand why you're disappointed, but I'm afraid we always have to act in the best interests of the eBay community.
We've had another thorough look into the history of your account, and we have decided not to change our original decision.
Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely because you breached the terms of your reinstatement agreement. Because you continued to list potentially infringing items on eBay, we cannot permit further use of this account.
As your account is suspended, you may not use eBay in any way, including registering under a new account name or using someone else's account.
I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm afraid this is our final decision and we won't be able to do anything else to help.
Kind Regards,
eBay Trust and Safety""

Two weeks later the news went out that ebay had been hacked. (June 2014) which I believe to this day, I was an innocent victim of.

I’ve laid low now for over two years and not had anything to do with ebay since the ban but would now like to get back on ebay as a ‘bidder/buyer’ again (no selling required) and have a few questions:
  • Which guide has the best information for ‘bidder/buyers’ getting back on ebay – ‘eBay stealth guide’ or ‘Back On Ebay Manual’?
  • How do you best deal with a new different ‘delivery’ address for your won/purchased items to be sent to? (They used to go to my home and work address)

I would bid on 4 to 5 items a month, max, so my usage of ebay was always very light and would continue this way.

Cheers for any help and guidance.
Old 03-30-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes it is possible to own a buyer stealth account, even easier than a seller one.

do it properly though, as it is important to you, follow forum advice re linking.

different options, but some have worked for me, cost effective one is variation of name and door number of address (not post code) you can then use your real card to buy, as postcode is all you need to pass avs usually.....ideas are new house name, or put flat or unit and then door number to break it up, think along those lines...as long as it looks realistic or sellers will question a weird address....

you can also use a vcc to buy with....

pobox are expensive just for buying, but an option.

or use click and collect and then you can have a non-accessible different address.
Does this method still work for creating a buying account ?

Should I add a fresh credit card to my genuine paypal and new matching email address with the stealth buying ebay ?
Old 04-05-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Yes it can still work, but if your trying to link an old PayPal with a new eBay when the old PayPal has been linked to a now banned eBay you will sooner or later get linked and limited again

Your best starting with a new eBay and a new PayPal
Old 04-05-2019

But James won't I run the risk of having my genuine paypal linked to a stealth paypal if I add my real fresh never used on paypal credit card for purchases ?

I would use a variation of my real address and name to sign up for both with portable browsers, new ip, new number / email.
Old 04-06-2019

Longevity: 73%

you dont need a new ip, ive had accounts banned all the time and accounts extended selling limits to 20,000 and £38,000 while ringing them. over 400 accounts linked to my IP.
ip has nothing to do with it at all.
Aslong you create your account on a different browser, you dont even need a new windows ID, although i do, just to avoid me making a mistake.

Guys it is so easy... it take me 20 minutes to create an ebay account with 1000 items and 10k, fully verified, list high risk items in minutes and go live..

So much fuss about accounts.

Ebay can ban accounts anytime for any reason. By being a very good ebayer means nothing. The agents are from the Philippians and have no compassion at all.

Make business account
register with real address
confirm phone number
add verified pp account
list item
remove link to paypal
edit listed item and change paypal email to any email you want, banned or whatever.
enjoy funds.
Old 04-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by surplus View Post
you dont need a new ip, ive had accounts banned all the time and accounts extended selling limits to 20,000 and £38,000 while ringing them. over 400 accounts linked to my IP.
ip has nothing to do with it at all.
Aslong you create your account on a different browser, you dont even need a new windows ID, although i do, just to avoid me making a mistake.

Guys it is so easy... it take me 20 minutes to create an ebay account with 1000 items and 10k, fully verified, list high risk items in minutes and go live..

So much fuss about accounts.

Ebay can ban accounts anytime for any reason. By being a very good ebayer means nothing. The agents are from the Philippians and have no compassion at all.

Make business account
register with real address
confirm phone number
add verified pp account
list item
remove link to paypal
edit listed item and change paypal email to any email you want, banned or whatever.
enjoy funds.
That will work once, per item until you are banned. Then you have to re-sign up to list another item.

My question was to do with buying ... not selling. I've already got proper stealth accounts on the go.
Old 04-06-2019

Longevity: 73%

LOL what. you only know how to create 10 limits tho.. please dont pretend to understand how accounts work.

i have my accounts lasting months! what are you talking about

Also, who uses a ebay account to buy, just create a guest checkout and use any card you want..