unpaid item advice - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-04-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default unpaid item advice

i bought a dvd box series off ebay, then the seller asked me for my email which i thought was strange so i emailed him my email.

he then emailed my private email and said the box was ripped and damaged however it did not state this on ebay.

i emailed him back and said im not paying as he did not state this on his auction. plus i told him i been bought the set for xmas now.

anyway hes now reported me to ebay and i have a unpiad item case open.

Please respond to the seller by choosing one of the following options:
I will pay for the item now
I have already paid for this item.
I want to explain why I haven't paid

is there anythink i can do here? as really dont want to get a item strike.

i told him if he removes his dispute and leave me a feedback i will pay his sellers fees however sellers is being evil saying i still got to pay .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

thats a tough one but the best bet is to click on explain why i havent paid.. and see what you can do from there. Or see if you can open a dispute of your own. You can always leave a Neg for 'em lol...
Old 01-05-2009
Threadstarter  

anyone else know the best cause of action for me here to hopefully stop me getting a item strike off ebay? :(

Last edited by zippy; 01-05-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

Explain it in the dispute. Appeal the dispute citing the email. Then neg them with full story.
Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks for the help guys.

i dont know whever to just buy and pay for it by paypal, just incase he decides to do a runner with the payment. then once receved relist it that saves all the hassel. then i think i cant get a item stike that correct?
Old 01-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

You could also discuss the situation wth Live Help and maybe they can help in some way. Maybe forward the email you received from the seller to ebay trust and safety and tell them what has happened.
Old 01-06-2009
Threadstarter  

yes good idea philly387 thanks.

but i really dont wana get a item strike ( this would be my first ) as only just got back on ebay.

i really dont wana pay this scum bag as i even offered to pay him his sellers fee it cost him to sell it to me so he could relist it and it would of not cost him anythink then just to stop a strike.

however hes saying pay me 6 pounds in paypal then leave possative feedback and he will remove the dispute however i dont really trust him.

however i guess if i do have to pay him and do it by paypal then i cant get a strike off ebay and he cant do a runner with paypal funds as they will reverse it.

guess i got no choice really to pay him. i guess its the only sure way of not getting a item strike
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 98%

I've never seen LiveHelp do something useful about trust and safety issues. But I've seen plenty of deadbeat buyers who deserve it get their unpaid strikes removed time after time.

Also the seller is a n00b for not knowing how to find your email, which they can their My eBay if you recently won from them (though the new My eBay who knows, that thing is awful and I dread January 15) and also from the sold item emails which are very valuable and I save all mine.
Old 01-09-2009
Threadstarter  

this seller is just stupied because after all the trouble and him reporting me for a unpaid item despite me telling him he should of stated the box was damaged etec on his auction which he dident, plus i emailed him few times after that to try and ask him to remove his dispue which he never.,

as he decided to email me saying "i am willing to close the dispute if you make the payment and leave a positive feedback. and says he needs to rell sell them . I hope you understand that." for which i was not going to do incase he left dispute open after i paid him and left him poss feedback.

i decided to just pay him by paypal to stop all the hassel and ebay giving me a strike, now he emails me saying quote:

"i dident have to pay if i dident want them, then says he will send me back my paypal payment minus £4 he will close the dispute as he says he was not well not and couldnt reply to emails "

hes now sent a request to cancel the transaction.

so not sure how it works on ebay if you get a sent you a request to cancel this transaction do you automaticly get your paypal refund ? can ebay still leave me a strike if i use the request? also is there any way he can still try scam me if i paid by paypal?

Old 01-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

when you cancel the transaction, he gets a refund credit for his final value fee, basically meaning he got the £4 maybe to cover his listing fees. you can still file a dispute if the transaction has been cancelled, but just in case (although after 7 days he can claim the refund credit), tell the seller that they should refund you first