I registered for Ebay and Paypal again under my real name. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default I registered for Ebay and Paypal again under my real name.

I registered for Ebay and Paypal again under my real details. I was curious what would happen. I've been creating eBay Stealth accounts and have been getting 10 items limit. So, when I registered for Ebay I was given 100 items a month limit and that was before I registered for Paypal. I was surprised under my real name I was given 100 items limit after ive been suspended.

I'm thinking Ebay must check the electoral roll and if they find a match to that person the given address they give a higher limit. That's the only thing I can thing of.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: I registered for Ebay and Paypal again under my real name.

You are in a danger of being linked to your old suspended account. So it does not matter that they allowed to register, but will the account be working after several days.
Old 12-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Muzzie, Yes I am anticipating that. That's not my concern. My concern was regarding a higher limit I got on my real name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
You are in a danger of being linked to your old suspended account. So it does not matter that they allowed to register, but will the account be working after several days.
Old 12-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayisbad View Post
Muzzie, Yes I am anticipating that. That's not my concern. My concern was regarding a higher limit I got on my real name.
Then, what is your question? I don't think you are right about them verifying your name/address and giving you a higher limit. Because I have tons of friends who made their first ebay account with 100% factual details, and still got 5/500 limit. I think you just got lucky. But the new account you made in your name will still be linked to your old one once you start selling from it.

The stealth account sellers here have techniques for getting higher initial limits (which they keep hush hush, naturally). But they use fictitious names with real street addresses, and sometimes get 1000/25000 limits. It's just a matter of chance.
Old 12-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Then, what is your question? I don't think you are right about them verifying your name/address and giving you a higher limit. Because I have tons of friends who made their first ebay account with 100% factual details, and still got 5/500 limit. I think you just got lucky. But the new account you made in your name will still be linked to your old one once you start selling from it.

The stealth account sellers here have techniques for getting higher initial limits (which they keep hush hush, naturally). But they use fictitious names with real street addresses, and sometimes get 1000/25000 limits. It's just a matter of chance.
Yes there is a technique for getting higher limits, but it too close to identity theft so its not recommended or spread around as some people wont care who they might hurt in the process....
Old 12-25-2015
Threadstarter  

You never know what the Ebay menace is doing. I suppose they alternate their algorithms very regularly between users. They may not be on the electoral or not as easy to find on public records. Perhaps they haven't shared their info. I sense they are obviously doing something.

I've started selling from that account in my name. so far it's going good.

To be honest, I set up that account differently as I was curious, but had a strong feeling it would get banned. And later the same day I applied the same technique for a few accounts I opened that day and the next day. I got 2 accounts with unlimited listings. One one I put up 205 items and the other 146 items buy it now.

So, maybe it was the technique or I got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post