Setting up a new account after 5 years - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-22-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Setting up a new account after 5 years

Hi,

New to the forum been looking round and this im ready for a new ebay account, just looking for a little advice.

I was suspended 5 years ago and no longer have an active selling account, ive been using the other halfs for the last 3 years with no problems but would like my own now - which ill get on to now.

Since the suspension:-
Ive moved house so new address, ip etc.
Have a new contact number.
Have a new bank account (business account)
Have a new computer.
I havnt set up a new paypal but will be setting up a business paypal.

Am i right in thinking that the only thing linking me to my old account would be my name, and DOB?

Im a full time car dealer and wanting to register to use ebay motors pro to run along side my autotrader advertising.

Im aware i would really need to use a new name but im vat reg'd which is a requirement to use ebaymotorspro so im unsure how this could affect it.

Any advice would be great!

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Setting up a new account after 5 years

Welcome to the forums friend.
Would be much easier for you to spend a few dollars and get the stealth guide than try to get answers to such questions. Those questions you still dont have the answers for you can research on the forums. Those answers you still cannot find you can post about.
Would save you time and effort.
Good luck.
Old 12-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Setting up a new account after 5 years

I set-up an account after getting suspended after 10 years. I was just curious but had a strong feeling it would get banned straight away. It's been a week, I am already selling on it without problems and I have 100/£3500 limit.

I still have it in me I will get banned. The only solution for you is to do what you already mentioned and use use different combinations or you have to change your business name to your mis-matched name.

Use mis-match for your name and open an ebay and paypal account. Then simply upgrade to a business account or you could do that from the start. And change it to your business name and that'll be your name.

I already operate stealth accounts, so wasn't worried about opening an account in my name. I guess I did it out of curiosity and as a learning curve. After I opened I got higher limit of 100/3500 and I am glad I did it because subsequently I opened a few accounts over 2 days and applied the same technique and 2 of the accounts got unlimited listing, I listed 100+ on one account and 200+ on the other.

I am learning quick. Even though I bought accounts from sellers on here and operating them successfully, I still kept opening accounts and still do. My goal was to go through trial and error and to get a feel or Ebay which has proven vital with limits I am getting now. You never stop learning. It's given me a massive confidence boast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy View Post
Hi,

New to the forum been looking round and this im ready for a new ebay account, just looking for a little advice.

I was suspended 5 years ago and no longer have an active selling account, ive been using the other halfs for the last 3 years with no problems but would like my own now - which ill get on to now.

Since the suspension:-
Ive moved house so new address, ip etc.
Have a new contact number.
Have a new bank account (business account)
Have a new computer.
I havnt set up a new paypal but will be setting up a business paypal.

Am i right in thinking that the only thing linking me to my old account would be my name, and DOB?

Im a full time car dealer and wanting to register to use ebay motors pro to run along side my autotrader advertising.

Im aware i would really need to use a new name but im vat reg'd which is a requirement to use ebaymotorspro so im unsure how this could affect it.

Any advice would be great!

Cheers