eBay Buyer Scammers!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-08-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default eBay Buyer Scammers!!!

So, scammers are popping up on my stealth accounts buying items and then a couple of days later stating that they did not arrive. I send my items Via Royal Mail 1st Class standard because if I sent them recorded I would only break even.

Now, what infuriates me is the fact that all these buyers accounts have links. They purchase items from chinese sellers to build up their accounts and get feedback. The buyers who say the item did not arrive had all made their accounts within a short space of time between Aug 2015 through to November 2015. They all have low feedback between 10-40 feedback. Some are even selling the same items as me! Also, they purchase the items from my accounts in a short space of time (around 4-8 purchases within one hour).

Then without fail a few days later I get open cases from all of these buyers stating that they did not receive the item and I have to refund them as I have no tracking number.

Any other people on here had similar problems and what can I do? My eBay blocklist has around 50 different users on it now, all of them have below 60 feedback :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: eBay Buyer Scammers!!!

There's not alot you can do to be honest. Adding them to your blocked list is the main thing. Atleast they can't order again.

I always ask people who claim item not received to open item not received cases. I have found a significant portion of people will suddenly find their package. Scammers don't want to open too many cases as it flags the account and a pattern emerges.
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeah that's what im doing and my blocklist is ever increasing. These pests are doing it to others too so it could be that they are just wanting to take others down to get more sales. They have loads of accounts that they use to scam others and it's just upsetting really.

What's the best way to cancel orders without hurting my eBay seller performance? Refund via Paypal or Cancel Order via eBay?
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Funnily enough all my genuine buyers who have over 100 feedback never report an item not received. Its always these scammers under around 50 feedback with links to each others accounts!
Old 07-08-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

To cancel the sales just go in to the Resolution Centre and refund using the option 'buyer asked to cancel or there's a problem with the buyers address'

You do leave yourself open to bad feedback is you do this though.

As you can tell who the scammers are.... I would just send those orders with tracking. Better to break even than cancel imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
usaamah426 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for that i'll probably send those orders with tracking then like you have mentioned
Old 07-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaamah426 View Post
Thanks for that i'll probably send those orders with tracking then like you have mentioned
That's the correct move to protect your a$$ and future operations
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
usaamah426 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 73%

I would send the item tracked. Especially if they buying up to 8 items as you mentioned.

Collect + or myhermes is cheaper than royal mail recorded.
Old 07-08-2016
Threadstarter  

That's true Bunneh but i'd have to change the postage details on my listings as the couriers mentioned aren't as fast as Royal Mail, and I do pride myself on making sure that my buyers receive their goods asap.

You should see the block list on my accounts, it's a joke how many of these low feedback buyers have tried to scam me and have done on previous stealth accounts...many of which ended up being suspended/restricted from selling due to so many 'item not received' cases!

I even got an email from an anonymous person stating that they were going to take my eBay account down, I mean how bad can a competitor get!
Old 07-08-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaamah426 View Post
You should see the block list on my accounts, it's a joke how many of these low feedback buyers have tried to scam me and have done on previous stealth accounts...many of which ended up being suspended/restricted from selling due to so many 'item not received' cases!
If you haven't done it yet, i would be sure to consider putting blocked buyers from one account to the others. Or at least some of them. To prevent problems like identical blocked buyers becoming suspicious i would use a few non-existent names in there also, but be really sure not to put those on more than one account.

On, another note, i wonder if there are any problem buyer lists being shared or posted anywhere. Anybody know?