Ebay claim a third party has accessed my account without my permission!!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-15-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Ebay claim a third party has accessed my account without my permission!!!!!!!

i have had an account with ebay since may last year. which up untill yesterday i had not used.

i created 5 listings for a brand item.

2 hours later i get an email stating that a third party has accessed my account and created those listings. even though it was me that made the listings.

i have now regained access to the account by verifying everything under the sun.

but now i cant list any more of that item as it says ....

Attention Seller:
Thank you for choosing to sell on eBay.

To help protect both buyers and sellers, we may place limits on sellers' accounts. You can't list any more of these items for 30 days.

WHAT DO I DOOOO!!!!!

any help would be much appriciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2009

Longevity: 89%

i would email ebay and let them know that is was you that made the listings. if you already did that or that doesnt work just have to let the account cool down.
Old 03-15-2009

I would also suggest you cool down before contacting eBay. The more friendly you are, the more helpful they'll be.

This is another reason why someone should have multiple accounts ready to go.
Old 03-15-2009
Threadstarter  

lol thanks guys.

i do have a few new accounts but i am unable to do buy it now as they are all newish accounts with next to no feedback ( i have only just started to get going again after finding eBay Stealth)

anyway thanks for your help
Old 03-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

That selling limit thing happens to me a lot, they are going to tell you to get feedback, longevity, good selling history blah blah blah before they lift it.. and to contact them in 90 days.. it really makes no sense to me at all.....
Old 03-22-2009

Its because maybe you originally opened that account with Diff IP etc and as the time as passed you have then accessed Ebay and listed and the Different info IP/cookies etc has threw up an alert maybe hence why they saying its a third party that has accessed your account and listed all a sudden!
Old 03-22-2009

Longevity: 91%
Wink

It's just Ebay's way of barking at everyone selling brand names and having low feedback..I think they look more into your feedback than how long you had account. I also suspect they make this thing up about compromised account, so I'd take it as warning, it's preemptive strike! It's their way of telling you: "We got ya now!You already made your first mistake!"

So, be careful! Don't try to list all 5 brand name items on one account in one shot...I noticed they will let you list 2, maybe 3 per account in 30 days if your feedback is below 100. They look at everyone else as NARUed user who was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and now is back to do the same. The name of the game here is patience, determination and playing their game...........No way around it. It can get frustrating I know, but the only other option if you are selling authentic brands is to build your own website. At least I have been thinking about this myself a lot lately... Good luck!
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I dont take it as a warning, it happens a lot with my accounts (some of them years old) because I use 3 different computers if youve got your phone number ready to take the call you can sell again in a few minutes, if you havent you can use live chat, which is a real pain I was on there for an hour the other.
Old 03-22-2009

I don't know, they never called me yet...And I am armed with tracphones waiting! I just get this 30 day thingy every time I get carried away with my listings...

I wouldn't touch "Ebay Live Chat" with 10 foot pole. Last time i did it over 2 years ago, my account got suspended soon after. IMO "Less is more" rule applies when it comes having contact with Ebay.
Old 03-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lounger View Post
i have had an account with ebay since may last year. which up untill yesterday i had not used.
i created 5 listings for a brand item.
2 hours later i get an email stating that a third party has accessed my account and created those listings. even though it was me that made the listings.
i have now regained access to the account by verifying everything under the sun.but now i cant list any more of that item
This is a time where I would be happy about what ebay did. ebay accounts get hijacked and ebay was actually protecting you. You resolved the problem, be
thankful it is a 30 day limit and move on. How would you feel if that account was lost? Let the account cool and don't lose your cool.
Old 03-23-2009

100 % true, and happened to me once on just few months old account. I got this email from Ebay to immediately change my password etc.. Knowing Ebay, and not really trusting them I though they were pulling tricks on me, this is lost account and next thing they would do is suspend me... Well, I was wrong and they were right that one time. My account was indeed hijacked...Later on I saw the transactions with some high priced laser printers and all kinds of stuff in it..

From than on, I am trying to have all of my passwords starting with few numbers, than letters and than they end again with different sets of numbers. Apparently hard for scammers to break in.. My son taught me that! LOL
Old 03-24-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks for all your help... i think i am finally getting the hang of this.

if at first you dont succeed , try try try again..... but slower, with a different account.

its just a shame that the items i have to sell start at £80 +, which seems to be putting me in ebays firing line.

do you guys think if i list 1 vero item every 5 days at £80, that i will be able to stay out of their radar.
Old 03-24-2009

You can try and see what happens. Some people get away with more, some less. Ebay is forever unpredictable in many ways, so you will soon know by trial and error what they have in store for you.The worst thing that can happen you'll get Ebay 30 day pop up and than you will know.