eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay Suspensions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/)
-   -   eBay Shop or Not eBay Shop??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-suspensions/15592-ebay-shop-not-ebay-shop.html)

no!!! 01-03-2010 08:34 AM

eBay Shop or Not eBay Shop???

Hi, i have set up stealth eBay & Paypal accounts, so i was wondering is it better to list items indivually or open an eBay shop?

I was thinking because if i open an eBay shop you seem more legitimate?

What do you guys think?

Same with Paypal accounts, is it better to have a Premeir account or Business account or does it not make any difference???

Thanks

johnnytruelove 01-03-2010 08:48 AM

i was wondering the same thing, i however dont think ill be going the shop route. any respsones would be appreciated.

First Edition 01-03-2010 12:06 PM

I don't think it will make you more prone to being limited, but it can drive more traffic to your store, and give you certain selling tools. Now all of this will make your sales go up, and make limitation more imminent. The act of making store alone, is probably not going to hurt you.

NZT 01-18-2010 06:35 AM

I used to have a shop for all my ebay accounts, but due to the speed at which they can be limited and the speed that you can get a nice new account I dont bother anymore.

Plus I used to use a shop when the monthly fee was £6.99 which I was happy to pay. I am not happy to to pay £14.99. I mean its a matter of principle, they more than doubled the shop fee.

The features are good and its worth setting up a shop if you intend to nurture and love your ebay ID. Yes the traffic is the best thing about it and you rate higher in google with a shop as you get to specify ad words for your products.

But to be honest if you know you will be getting hit by suspensions and violations then it will just be another piece of hassle. Use the KISS principle to sell (Keep it simple Stupid) and you can run away from a problem ebay account at the first sign of trouble.

You do get a bit of a feel good factor though when you have a shop and tweak around with the settings when you have time, but you have to decide if its worth £14.99.

captainjack1980 01-18-2010 07:45 AM

If you are serious about selling you are far better off investing your time and money in your own web shop and diverting traffic from Ebay to there :)

CaptainJack

bode 01-18-2010 07:48 AM

I don't know what hassle opening a shop could lead to??

I have a shop for my main business selling about 600 items and rely on the extra sales it brings in...people usually buy more than one of my product and I need a shop so that people can find MY listings and browse. 20p per listing for 30 days is good value, the £14.99 looks after itself with a few combined orders.

If you're up and running on ebay just concentrate on selling. Ebay want high volume business sellers afterall. It really depends on how many items you are selling and whether the numbers add up.

I always presumed that business paypal accounts were set up to pay multiple transactions...didn't think it applied to me so just set up a personal account.

NZT 01-18-2010 08:30 AM

Bode what I meant is that if a dreaded limitation hits you unexpectedly out of the blue then you have to move on. If you know that limitations are enivitable due to what you are selling then its not worth bothering with a shop.

SevnSins 01-20-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainjack1980 (Post 120340)
If you are serious about selling you are far better off investing your time and money in your own web shop and diverting traffic from Ebay to there :)

CaptainJack

AMEN!

That's what I doing. Only need to finish my logo, and add products, and then off to the races.

The design did take a couple months to get it to look like I wanted, but I believe all my efforts (and late nights) will pay off. I probably could have finished earlier, but I changed my mind 4-5 times before making a final decision.

If anyone's interested; I used Namecheap for the domain name, and I used HostGator for hosting. I was able to Google search coupons for both, and I even got a $50 rebate on my hosting from an affiliate HG site after 90 days. HostGator has all kinds of tools to make things easier, and tons of videos to walk you through a lot of it.

The shopping cart integration is very easy, and supports inventory by attribute. This is a very good thing to have, if you are selling several sizes of the same items.

Sevn:ranger: