Ebay accounts - Would this matter? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 03-08-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Ebay accounts - Would this matter?

Hello,

New here, but been reading posts for quite a while now.

Ill cut to the chase. Currently still on eBay -

All under a new address, name, IP, bank, paypal etc...

BUT

eBay managed to find out about a suspended account from 4 years back? HOW? I'm still on eBay and they haven't banned me, but asking me to pay fees from account which has no fees, or i will face suspension?

Also im going to set up a new account as im sick with hassle of this. I'm going to do the following

- New username. New address. New telephone
- New Bank
- New Paypal
- New email - which will be the same for ebay & Paypal. But is it best to separate them so easier for invoices?
- IP address which change from me disconnecting
- No cookies as iv set Firefox to remove always. This has been the case for almost 2 years (Currently operate on a Mac)

Only slight problem is i signed into this new account yesterday after using my other. Is there a slight.small.insignificant risk to this new account being banned?

As i dont want to risk this. I also know new business sellers can only sell 100 items a month for the first 3 months, is this correct?

FINALLY - I do my pictures a certain way. As seen on cottonmondays1. I wont use the same images, but is it possible to do the same picture with a different item (everything is different) - Might be a stupid question

Any advice would be good.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Need to also mention. I disconnect my router every so often so it changes the IP address. Cookies are also automatically removed.

New Accounts have been set up with a bank - which will lead on to paypal being set up

I used the new account to just log in and NOTHING else straight after i signed out of cotton_mondays. Will this be fine? As i have changed the IP address again today.
Old 03-08-2011

Welcome to the Forums, you are officially one of us.
Since your account is still up and your info is legit then call them up if there is no fees to pay on that other account, who cares call em up, be nice and get that sorted, but meanwhile start setting up your second identity, you have to, you never know when they gonna get you banned.
Patience is the first factor required for the new stealth account, I find myself being very impatient with stuff but with this i know this is the only way.
change the person u are, so do everything exactly opposite than you do now, even pictures.
As for the limits, read up on the forum but it seems that basically all new accounts have imits like 10 items or 2000$ whichever comes firs, personally 1 of my accounts has the 10- $2000 the other has 1--500$ so it really depends.
Hang in there but prepare for the worst and while you at it, buy the eBay Stealth Book, you won't regret it.

Take care
Old 03-09-2011

Longevity: 77%

Sounds like you were caught by flash cookies.

Quote:
Only slight problem is i signed into this new account yesterday after using my other. Is there a slight.small.insignificant risk to this new account being banned?
No. There is a medium.probably.youshouldmakeanotheraccountusingst ealthtacticsrightnow chance of this account being banned.
Old 03-09-2011
Threadstarter  

hi, cheers for the replies!

Flash Cookies? I remove these every time i close firefox (automatically) only saved passwords is still up. WHICH i will now remove.

I have since set up a new identity with the following

- New name (Friends), House, Number - All 1 friend
- Cleaned the computer - Remove router cable and plugged back in. Double checked this and it changed the IP
- New Paypal/ebay which will be linked together to my friends account

So end of the day everything will be COMPLETELY different, so its basically a new person. My friend in question actually has had an account for two years but never really uses it.

I have also changed my layout. I wont use the same images i used for previous auctions. But is it fine to take new pictures in the same style? Cant see how this could matter?

I'm just trying to get this all perfect. Forums are a great way for this!
Old 03-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Cheers for the info...!

Would i have to change the way i take photos at all? Is it possible to trace you to a picture. I read on here about EXIF, but theres so many camera makes and millions of people have the same!
Old 03-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Just read further. And using a few programs, i have removed all .DOM & .SOL cookies on my computer. I was shocked to see how many sites track what i do!

This forum has helped me so much to just clean up my computer from the dirty sites

So now all i have to do is remove the email linked and im good to go.

I will be using my friends account as stated in previous responses. With everything different. im going to leave it a week to check the flash cookies from eBay. No risks this time!

Also is there any answers to the questions in the previous posts!

Thankyou
Old 04-27-2011

Longevity: 77%

Remove browser cookies AND flash objects both. You probably got caught that way. If you do it too much, eBay gets suspicious though. Get eBay Stealth ... you won't regret!