Advice about suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Advice about suspension

hi

i am sooo paranoid right now - i cant believe that ONE online market place has so much power.
I have been up all night (look like crap & so does my house cos ive done no housework), all cos of u know who.

Just been hit with a indefinte suspension. For seller performance - spoke to the live chat robot - got nowhere - however i suspect that its not that and they have invaded my privacy & put 2 & 2 togther and made 10.

The account was 8 yrs old - mainly buying, i started selling my unwanted items last year, didnt really take it seriously but i never stiffed anyone, just took my time posting when the weather was real bad, oh & made a £1 or 75p off the postage for my troubles - (bearing in mind that most were 99p sales) . Recently, I decided to up my game, so I did, invested money, time and effort - posted same day or within 24 hours.

But no - its not enough - thats whats weird to me - i dont wanna discuss it on here, but there are other events that must have played a part.

Here's the thing - i opened a account about x weeks ago, verified it as it was real anyway for my daughter - she has her own bank acc, she was going to start getting her feet wet and sell some of her own stuff. It was opened on my PC - the same one as the now selling restricted account. We are at the same add. I have transferred funds between the 2 accounts.

What are the chances that they will take her down too?

Big Thanks to you all
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Chances are fairly strong sadly - was it just your eb ay that got killed? or your pa yp al too? either way - you need to go stealth right away.

I don't know WHY you got axed (that's up to you to share) but same pc...same user account? that's bad news - it's what i call "linked".

Read around the forums +/- get the stealth guide for simplicity. It's not 100% her account will go down (i do have linked accounts in operation) but it's HORRIBLE for pa yp al usage...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-11-2011)
Old 05-03-2011

Longevity: 92%

Hi

Unfortunately the accounts are now now super linked. Same PC, same address...sending money between each...

Whether they 'take down' your daughters accounts depends on whether your selling restrictions are lifted or not. The two accounts are now like conjoined twins. If you keep them straight then you'll be fine. If one falls down...so does the other.

Welcome to the forum. It sucks now - but you'll benefit so much from the knowledge on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattytman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011
Threadstarter  

hi

they are still allowing me to buy, still have pp, still want me 2 send out oustanding orders, still sending the cash to my pp acc.

She has offered to bail me out - buy my stock - and sell it herself - its nothing high-end.
But im scared.
The items were purchased from e^<b :ay - wholesale lot.
her few listings are still up, but - im really doubtful - bad really - we just share the same add, and my pc has a better connection - also i was teaching her how to use it.

ive been looking at your stealth options , am seriously considering buying the guide. only query i have is how up to date are your steps, are they valid for 2011?

thank you all
Old 05-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

First I would try and get the account reinstated before I moved on. Once you have a final decision, forget the account and never log into it again, not even for nostalgia. :D

By the way, we have all been in this situation, feeling like sh*t because of ebay, but most of us now feel relaxed and more in control.

Aspkin recently updated the guide I think, so it should be very much up to date, all the info and principles within it will be applicable and easy to follow.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-03-2011 at 05:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2011
Threadstarter  

hi

I have asked them if this is permanent - they said i will never be able to sell here again - and for a few low dsr's and 2 negatives 6 months apart!
(they were negative due to nasty buyers - one tried to blackmail me (i was contacted 4 weeks later by a seller who had had the same stunt pulled on her - she was trying to get a case together to put to e; b ), and the other was just plain nasty - offered her a full refund & to keep the pocksty top - she didnt want one).

The thing is if i dissappear completely - (i was huge buyer for many years) they will get suss, so i may just buy the odd item that i have no intention of reselling in the near or not so distant future.

I was really upset when they did it - but now im angry, determined to get even - have been learning lots but am still very confused as the new messages come on here about new policies and verification steps.

First i read, you can get a vcc and verify, then i read no you cant if you want to sell in uk.

Then i learn that they cant see b acc's personal details just acc and sort code - so its ok use your own new b acc.

Then i read that they want to see documents - real docs? I am wondering if they accept uploaded docs or do they expect me to post them? .

I want to go stealth with a number of acc's to be safe from their antics again, but I am unsure as to how this is going to work - will it work in 2011 with all their new policies and processes?

As you can note from the time of my post - this is really playing heavily on my mind - bills to pay

Many Thanks for you time and advice
Old 05-05-2011

^^ Leave the account. Move onto stealth accounts :D

VCC's are used in place of the credit/debit card on PayPal, not the bank, you need to add a bank first. I would leave the VCC for now, until you get closer to receiving £1900 in your new stealth PP account. If you add a bank and a VCC, it is likely that shortly after PP will ask for documents.

Fax your documents because the quality is lower By real, that does not mean 'physical' but it means 'genuine'.
Old 05-05-2011

Going stealth and getting a number of accounts is the best way for you if your eBay money is paying bills. Once you understand the stealth steps and you get your first account up and running, you will be 'safer' on eBay than you were with just one account.

Get the stealth guide if you really want to get your accounts up and running quickly, saves having to search through the forum and wait for peoples replies.
Old 05-07-2011

Longevity: 79%

Wayyy to much panic going on here.

the account has a good chance to make it back, you just need to leave it a few months maybe upto 6-12 who knows.

me personally would not have asked ebay anything and indefinate suspension mean just that, that may have killed your chance for that account but i still doubt it.

Go stealth and forget about the account for a while, try login in a few months i suspect it might be o.k, i think it will be alive again one day and yes i have read all your posts.

GL

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-07-2011)