Managing Payments Requesting ID - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Managing Payments Requesting ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I've got a micropayment linked account. I have a widget I buy for 25c and sell for £6.99 by the thousand. I have a huge supply of second class large letter stamps I paid 39p each for. It's a simple part of my operation and an easy way for the missus to earn her keep - it nets us about 35K per year from one mega-simple account that probably requires 8 hours a week for her to manage. In my world thats a decent profit margin.
that sounds superb!

I would love to have something like that on the go.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2020

Longevity: 22%

I signed up for managed payment last week.. yesterday got email saying ‘We can't verify the info you provided, please review’. Does the address provide on eBay have to be same as ur bank?
Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
I think its wishful thinking regarding the linking, the eBay BOTS will just sweep and destroy. I did go back in and change my banned account address and name details to random ones as probably a futile but additional precaution. Made me feel a bit better anyway lol

Sadly, I have to do the same on one of my accounts, so I am will be at similar mercy as yourself.

I think the team doing the credit checks etc are using the Ayden terminal function, so won't neccesarily be looking at the details given specifically, just the response from the Adyen system.

We can only hope really.

Did you change your name and address in the ebay account settings first or did you just put them into the MP settings, and it changed them for you, like the American way?

But f**k me, if I hear another moan about micropayments on the ebay forums. I cant believe people actually bother selling stuff with such low profit margins.
No, the ebay account still has my accountants address. But during the MP registration I gave them my real (previously banned) address as visible on my bank statement and that's the address of the director (me).

I'm confident one way or another I will be able to salvage atleast 1 account. But unfortunately I need at least 4 accounts just because of the different items I sell. I can't push everything through one account.

Last edited by james_112233; 06-26-2020 at 04:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Pathos (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
No, the ebay account still has my accountants address. But during the MP registration I gave them my real (previously banned) address as visible on my bank statement and that's the address of the director (me).

I'm confident one way or another I will be able to salvage atleast 1 account. But unfortunately I need at least 4 accounts just because of the different items I sell. I can't push everything through one account.
Thanks for this, good to know.

So change names to match, leave address as stealth, and then submit genuine details through the MP portal.

This is the route I am taking.

I have to utilise friends for my other three accounts, so I am paying out a little profits to 'rent' their bank accounts so to speak.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 39%

What do you think will happen to the multiple stealth accounts concept

With this Managed payment system coming in do you guys reckon will be able to have 10 eBay accounts or not

Also let’s look for alternatives of eBay

Any other alternatives

Last edited by StealthHarry; 06-27-2020 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Thanks for this, good to know.

So change names to match, leave address as stealth, and then submit genuine details through the MP portal.

This is the route I am taking.

I have to utilise friends for my other three accounts, so I am paying out a little profits to 'rent' their bank accounts so to speak.
Alternatively, what happens should we transition those other stealths to our real details as well rather than getting friends & family involved ...

All accounts would be linked BUT ebay are OK with one person having multiple accounts.

It's unknown territory but a risk I will be taking with atleast 1 other account.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Alternatively, what happens should we transition those other stealths to our real details as well rather than getting friends & family involved ...

All accounts would be linked BUT ebay are OK with one person having multiple accounts.

It's unknown territory but a risk I will be taking with atleast 1 other account.
Its definitely an alternative option, although I feel it does raise the risk of having a complete shut down of all accounts if one is linked to the original banned one.

Potentially this is a good option if using a person who has not been banned before, so I might try two accounts to one person to lower number of others involved.

The thing with eBays 'multiple accounts' thing is vague. On one hand they say, yes its fine as long as you don't sell the same items, on the other hand they allow millions of companies to sell all the same items on multiple accounts, without even basic differences like the Chinese do (different pictures etc), so I would always be nervous about that.

Plus this may then also affect the VAT threshold, where eBay block you until you apply for VAT. This is one of the reasons I run multiples, even though I did find a way around the VAT blocking last year, but was a troublesome time for a few weeks.

Last edited by Pathos; 06-27-2020 at 03:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
It's a route I think I'll be taking on two of my accounts when MP is made mandatory for them. I've matured them to the point of operating legitimacy and plan to keep them that way. Whist I have yet to see any evidence it is or is not acceptable, I can foresee them allowing it.

Those who will need a bank account per seller account are most likely those who burn accounts by selling dodgy wares. Whilst it might not be popular with some here I'll be glad to see the back of their sorts.
Not entirely the whole reason why they made need alternative accounts, but I do agree, this will stop the fast buck turn and burn sellers, which can often lose genuine sales to non hooky sellers, in my market , this is a big thing.
Old 06-27-2020

What brought about managed payments

I remember hearing about it in 2017/2018 but I also heard it was due to come 2023

Why are they doing this all of a sudden, any ideas chaps
Old 06-27-2020

Old mother eBay gonna be taking that moola in the grave as well

In terms of impact this has to be negative for them, they’re becoming too greedy - greed has always lead to destruction historically

Old momma eBay don’t even wanna let us impoverished types have a last drink from the nipple

Putting our sorry asses on to that powdered crap MP
Old 06-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Ebay want to play in the same game as Amazon and Etsy

Since the split from Paypal it could be argued that they are not as efficient as the rest of the market as they rely on a 3rd party payment processor

When Etsy, a relative upstart compared to Ebay, dropped Paypal they showed the way to increase the control they had over their marketplace and increase their profits

I do not believe stealthers even appeared in the discussions. Much as we may like to big up our own importancs we are collectively little more than a pimple to be scratched as far as Ebay is concerned

There is also the matter of security

The type of operation that required lots of Ebay accounts that were getting burned or were dealing 'unauthorised' lookee lickie items and suspect digital downloads will now be a thing of the past

It may well be that the market in stealth acvounts will also disappear. There is no real market in Amazon or Etsy accounts

That is not to say that eBay Stealth will disappear, there will always be a need and where there is a need a market place will develop

Whether or not it will be legal is a seperate matter but people will always finf a way

There are already several ways but their legality is suspect and the costs will be high

Ebay will live with the fact that some will get through their security screen

The real loosers will be the scammers with their 20+ accounts dealing what Ebay do not want

I think Ebay will be safer for Joe Public and MAY get some credibility back
Old 06-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
Ebay want to play in the same game as Amazon and Etsy

Since the split from Paypal it could be argued that they are not as efficient as the rest of the market as they rely on a 3rd party payment processor

When Etsy, a relative upstart compared to Ebay, dropped Paypal they showed the way to increase the control they had over their marketplace and increase their profits

I do not believe stealthers even appeared in the discussions. Much as we may like to big up our own importancs we are collectively little more than a pimple to be scratched as far as Ebay is concerned

There is also the matter of security

The type of operation that required lots of Ebay accounts that were getting burned or were dealing 'unauthorised' lookee lickie items and suspect digital downloads will now be a thing of the past

It may well be that the market in stealth acvounts will also disappear. There is no real market in Amazon or Etsy accounts

That is not to say that eBay Stealth will disappear, there will always be a need and where there is a need a market place will develop

Whether or not it will be legal is a seperate matter but people will always finf a way

There are already several ways but their legality is suspect and the costs will be high

Ebay will live with the fact that some will get through their security screen

The real loosers will be the scammers with their 20+ accounts dealing what Ebay do not want

I think Ebay will be safer for Joe Public and MAY get some credibility back
I hope so.

In regards to scammers, they find it easier to just hijack established accounts now and ask for payment by BACS. If they hijack the right account with thousands of feedback / powerseller status, LOTS and LOTS of people fall for the trap.

Long gone are the days of new stealth accounts listing items for sale that they don't have hoping to do a runner with the money.

Ebay and paypal prevented that with payment holds.
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
There are costs in switching from outside payment processor to MP,there are many questions which Ebay need to answer and I dont think Ebay has all the answers.
One issue I see forthcoming is the sheer number of banks,credit unions,saving banks ,AYDEN/Ebay have to interface with,not all are members of the Fed Reserve System,and not all have non glitch website and competent IT staff,so far Paypal has shielded Ebay from all these headaches,
Etsy do not have these problems so it is illogical to think Ebay will
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigbea View Post
I signed up for managed payment last week.. yesterday got email saying ‘We can't verify the info you provided, please review’. Does the address provide on eBay have to be same as ur bank?
Did you sort this?
Anyone else know if the address on your eBay has to match your actual address?
Will the ayden check see if you are actually registered at another address?
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by User220 View Post
Did you sort this?
Anyone else know if the address on your eBay has to match your actual address?
Will the ayden check see if you are actually registered at another address?
Of course the address needs to match, they are verifying it through name, DOB, address as a credit/electroal roll soft search. Try applying for a credit card with hooky details and see how far you get!

If it dosent match on MP, they will request either a bank statement, or ID, or both, and the jury is still out whether Stealth ID works or not.
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
did you check the other data you submitted are correct?
I get the same message,it turns out they cant check my birthday as I transposed day and month.
once I corrected them,Ebay said it will take days to verify
In the UK, things will be different. This is a UK thread.
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Of course the address needs to match, they are verifying it through name, DOB, address as a credit/electroal roll soft search. Try applying for a credit card with hooky details and see how far you get!

If it dosent match on MP, they will request either a bank statement, or ID, or both, and the jury is still out whether Stealth ID works or not.
So you can’t have your address on eBay as your business address or what you would want buyers to see under sellers legal info. But for managed payments check you use your actual residential address?
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Of course the address needs to match, they are verifying it through name, DOB, address as a credit/electroal roll soft search. Try applying for a credit card with hooky details and see how far you get
Do we know this for certain? Reason I ask is that I haven't seen an example of them asking for proof of address, you can use passport as ID which doesn't have your address and for the bank statement in the list of "things that must be visible" address is not one of them which makes me think ebay don't care about the address.

Surely if the soft search throws up an error on the address they would ask for proof of address? I guess maybe they will and we will find out after July 15th
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by User220 View Post
So you can’t have your address on eBay as your business address or what you would want buyers to see under sellers legal info. But for managed payments check you use your actual residential address?
Yes you can, but when you enter your MP details, you have to use your genuine address. Thats pretty much the evidence we have been shown over the various attempts people have tried. It's essentially were you, as a human, are registered to, i,e living.

You dont 'need' to use it, but it will flag for ID as it won't pass the soft credit check.

We still don't know the success rate (if any) of Stealth ID.
Old 06-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Do we know this for certain? Reason I ask is that I haven't seen an example of them asking for proof of address, you can use passport as ID which doesn't have your address and for the bank statement in the list of "things that must be visible" address is not one of them which makes me think ebay don't care about the address.

Surely if the soft search throws up an error on the address they would ask for proof of address? I guess maybe they will and we will find out after July 15th
From what I have seen, it's not that specific.

If you look at the Ayden ID process, it gives some of the info away.

https://docs.adyen.com/marketpay/onb...d-verification

But essentially it will boil down to Stealth ID being accepted, and no one knows yet, or indeed if they do know, they aren't sharing.
Old 06-28-2020

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
From what I have seen, it's not that specific.

If you look at the Ayden ID process, it gives some of the info away.

https://docs.adyen.com/marketpay/onb...d-verification

But essentially it will boil down to Stealth ID being accepted, and no one knows yet, or indeed if they do know, they aren't sharing.
I've registered with real name (real ID) but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
Old 06-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
or indeed if they do know, they aren't sharing.
Doc talk isn’t allowed in the forum so it won’t get discussed in this section.

If you try reading a few posts without your tinted glasses and pre-assumptions though you may find a few answers to that questions

Only one question remains about MP. Where will the refunds come from. That is the only sticking point left for UK eBay MP
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (06-28-2020)