This is only the start, the devastation of MP is yet to come. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-30-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default This is only the start, the devastation of MP is yet to come.

Some news from across the pond:

I am 20+ year seller on eBay with over 50,000 transactions with 100% positive feedback. eBay forced me into managed payments last fall. They sent me a threat letter sign up or you will no longer be allowed to list, which I resisted and then they followed through on the threat and restricted my account from making new ads until I joined.

eBay's managed payment page states a seller is going to be protected similar to what PayPal always did if you follow some rules such as ship to the exact address, obtain signature proof if over $750, etc.

I recently had a buyer open a payment dispute with their financial institution claiming they didn't recognize the transaction.

eBay's managed payments alerted me and we promptly responded and provided tracking proof it was shipped and delivered to the address exactly as on the order, I even have a copy of the shipping label.

I opened my email this morning only to be shocked by a message from eBay saying they found in the buyer's favor and I owed the full amount plus a $20 dispute fee and they were recovering it from my future payouts. Some protection!

I called in and they couldn't tell me why the system did that but said it was a mistake and it would take a few days but I should be refunded the $20 fee and full amount because I did everything required for the so called "seller protection".

I wonder how many people they are doing this to in hopes you won't fight it or know the rules. I process credit cards on my own website and I know charge back rules and what is required to win.

eBay's managed payments would have been forced to eat this one and apparently they are trying to pass them back on unknowing sellers.

On another note, we are finding eBay's managed payments is withholding funds from payouts for everything they possibly can come up with an excuse to do so on. Buyer opens a return, eBay withholds. Even when the buyer never follows through and ships the item back thus eBay sits on your money for 30 days or more. Buyer opens a dispute, eBay withholds. Buyer opens a credit card chargeback dispute, eBay withholds.

Normal credit card processors do not withhold anything, they take it from the next payout when it actually occurs and a credit is due.

Seems to me eBay is holding money every chance they can and making interest on it. I feel they partnered with an overseas company Adyen to get around U.S. banking rules and regulations.

This is only the beginning. I am hearing that eventually, ebay will put holds on funds up until the buyers leave a positive feedback to sellers, if its a neutral (10%) or negative (25%), percentage will be taken off your overall amount. Absolutely disgusting.

Last edited by aul106; 06-30-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to aul106 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (07-01-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-30-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: This is only the start, the devastation of MP is yet to come.

Im hearing lots of similar horror stories from lots of completely legitimate (non stealth) ebay members who hate this new system.
Where di you hear that last bit about them penalizing people for non positive feedback? seems like a highly illegal thing to implement. I highly doubt they'll get away with doing that cause that's a system that would be way too easy to manipulate.
Old 07-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Every single one of your complains happens on ebay with paypal for years. Nothing new at all.

As for your feedback rumor. Time will tell but ebay already has holds in place for new sellers until feedback is received.
Old 07-01-2020

Longevity: 28%

I think it was fairly expected that this would be the case...
Old 07-01-2020

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Every single one of your complains happens on ebay with paypal for years. Nothing new at all.

As for your feedback rumor. Time will tell but ebay already has holds in place for new sellers until feedback is received.
Not every single - PayPal we don’t wait 30 days to withdraw

That’d be a nightmare - imagine selling for 30 days and on day 30 expecting a withdrawal to find out they’ve suspended you and are going to keep the money

At least with PayPal withdrawal they take 72 hours and in that time they’ll limit your account - you can save yourself by putting less quantity for a few days until the payment comes through

For this we’ll wait 30 days

Anyway I don’t wanna argue this time of morning - we are going through some sh*t regardless
Old 07-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Not every single - PayPal we don’t wait 30 days to withdraw
Nothing new again...... Fall below standard and you get holds.....for years now. If you cant handle holds, definitely don't sell on amazon...

I have been using managed payments for well over a year. I personally like it MUCH better. No **** at all. almost no issues other than many months ago a couple days delay on deposits.
Old 07-04-2020

Longevity: 40%

Here we go again, the grapevine. Instead of worrying and spreading fear across the forum go and experience it for yourself! Then report back with your 100% findings if you wish to help the community.