20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps money - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-11-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
How could it be law to keep someone's money surely this is not true
why not,these people do not exist !!!!!!!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

am i the only one? i am a private seller, i have a stealth account name and date of birth, bank details and address are my real details, everything went fine with ebay and paypal all i did was nickname bank account in stealth name and have been going for about 4 yrs can i just change ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and date of birth to real name and date of birth then sign up for mp or just make a new account with all my real details? thank you for any help.
Old 06-12-2021

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden1 View Post
am i the only one? i am a private seller, i have a stealth account name and date of birth, bank details and address are my real details, everything went fine with ebay and paypal all i did was nickname bank account in stealth name and have been going for about 4 yrs can i just change ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and date of birth to real name and date of birth then sign up for mp or just make a new account with all my real details? thank you for any help.
Yeah if you put your real details in then it should work, although obviously won't be a stealth account any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
garden1 (06-13-2021)
Old 06-12-2021

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
why not,these people do not exist !!!!!!!!!!
Yea I think it's there law but its not the law of the state
Old 06-14-2021

Longevity: 22%

Hi

I see a few people in this thread mention that they're getting a fresh start using real details... is it confirmed that you can now use previously banned details on a new/existing account and you won't get banned?

I ask because I have a personal converted business account (MP deadline was 11 June.. 4 days ago) which is selling fine and I had another business account which got banned for no reason. It had all my ltd company details on it and I'm scared when signing up for MP if I put the ltd company details on my personal converted business account it will flag and I will get banned... any thoughts?

None of this was stealth info - all business and identity details were legit in my name
Old 06-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Yep I’ve had the same happen to 2 accounts however these accounts were using real details from family members but with creative docs got the same old crap as stated by the thread master that I need to contact Luxembourg to have my funds released.

I suspect that even if you use real details you cannot send creative docs in for verification because they can verify the docs using Aydens verification software as stated in previous threads.

Last edited by 13obby; 06-15-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2021

Longevity: 16%

I just had the same problem as the OP. Dealing with £986 loss.

Account in question is an 8 year old stealth account. Added real bank details to receive payouts for Managed Payments. This was about 6 months ago.

Everything was going smooth. Was able to set up listings with no problems and was getting paid with zero issues.

Then I sold something for £900 and another item for £86. Suddenly I was requested to provide ID to keep receiving payouts.

Being a complete idiot and without reading the forums, I went and just uploaded the original stealth ID that I used 8 yeas ago

Verification obviously failed but I was naive in thinking they would just manually try to match it with what was on record and give the account the go-ahead.

The money still shows as "available" in my account but there is no scheduled payout. So it's essentially locked. My question is:

Is it still too early to say they release the funds after 60-70 days or is this something that's been experienced here?? I'm literally effed and it's not even funny but oh well. Was my own mistake for being stupid

Last edited by OWNED_101; 06-22-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

passport is the worse document to ⊗⊗⊗⊗,
Old 06-22-2021

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWNED_101 View Post
I just had the same problem as the OP. Dealing with £986 loss.

Account in question is an 8 year old stealth account. Added real bank details to receive payouts for Managed Payments. This was about 6 months ago.

Everything was going smooth. Was able to set up listings with no problems and was getting paid with zero issues.

Then I sold something for £900 and another item for £86. Suddenly I was requested to provide ID to keep receiving payouts.

Being a complete idiot and without reading the forums, I went and just uploaded the original stealth ID that I used 8 yeas ago

Verification obviously failed but I was naive in thinking they would just manually try to match it with what was on record and give the account the go-ahead.

The money still shows as "available" in my account but there is no scheduled payout. So it's essentially locked. My question is:

Is it still too early to say they release the funds after 60-70 days or is this something that's been experienced here?? I'm literally effed and it's not even funny but oh well. Was my own mistake for being stupid
was it a personal or business account? were you asked for any documents when registering for MP?
Old 06-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
passport is the worse document to ⊗⊗⊗⊗,
passport or DL , genuine or stealth does not play any role because no one gets into MP unless they pass database checks. Some people can continue selling for a while but if checks do not pass they will be suspended. This may easily happen to new residents too , for example you move to the UK , live here for a couple of years without doing anything in terms of credit history and you will be suspended as well despite sending a genuine passport
Old 06-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
was it a personal or business account? were you asked for any documents when registering for MP?
Business account (started off as a personal account in 2012).

If I remember correctly, I was asked to verify personal details and then bank details.

I just ignored uploading an ID but did add a genuine bank account. I was able to list items and received payouts up until last week.

Then I sold an expensive item and the ID verification became mandatory. Even now I'm able to list items but there is no scheduled payout. The money that's in my account is just sitting there with eBay removing the entire payout system.

I just want to know **IF** anyone has eventually had this money released?? Back in the day, whenever PayPal would ban you they would release funds after 180 days. I got no other option but to hope eBay do a similar thing with me.
Old 06-22-2021

Quote:
Business account (started off as a personal account in 2012).

If I remember correctly, I was asked to verify personal details and then bank details.

I just ignored uploading an ID but did add a genuine bank account. I was able to list items and received payouts up until last week.

Then I sold an expensive item and the ID verification became mandatory. Even now I'm able to list items but there is no scheduled payout. The money that's in my account is just sitting there with eBay removing the entire payout system.

I just want to know **IF** anyone has eventually had this money released?? Back in the day, whenever PayPal would ban you they would release funds after 180 days. I got no other option but to hope eBay do a similar thing with me.
if you care just about the money in this case and nothing else I can suggest you replace the details through genuine details of a relative and later ask to release the money. anyway , the details of the relative will be burned if you do this
Old 06-22-2021

what was actually the approx. cumulative turnover on MP in the entire time?
Old 06-22-2021

Before this £986 problem, I sold exactly £1226 worth of stuff with zero payout issues despite them asking me to upload an id.

But as soon as £900 came in they flagged my account. That would put my account past the £2000 mark. That's the red zone, probably.

After numerous enquiries in online chat, I was finally told I was too much of a risk. Basically I got the same generic response as the OP. I went and changed my account details and went back to online chat. They told me the decision can't be appealed no matter what I do.

It's funny because I have active listings and I know for sure the moment I get paid the money is gonna be stuck with no scheduled payout. I will have to just end those listings unless I can get the buyers to pay me outside of eBay which is another nightmare in and of itself lol
Old 06-22-2021

Quote:
Before this £986 problem, I sold exactly £1226 worth of stuff with zero payout issues despite them asking me to upload an id.

But as soon as £900 came in they flagged my account. That would put my account past the £2000 mark. That's the red zone, probably.

After numerous enquiries in online chat, I was finally told I was too much of a risk. Basically I got the same generic response as the OP. I went and changed my account details and went back to online chat. They told me the decision can't be appealed no matter what I do.

It's funny because I have active listings and I know for sure the moment I get paid the money is gonna be stuck with no scheduled payout. I will have to just end those listings unless I can get the buyers to pay me outside of eBay which is another nightmare in and of itself lol
then write off the money and start over with genuine details , it is partly your fault because ID had already been requested and it was clear it would have to be sent at some point. paypal would not have been any different apart from the fact that paypal use the ID to confirm the details on file and remove the limitation and MP use the ID to confirm the details on file and suspend the account
Old 06-22-2021

Yeah I know I'm a ****ing idiot. If the money does ever get released, WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT, but if it does I'll come back and give you guys an update.
Old 06-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
How could it be law to keep someone's money surely this is not true
When we signed up for eBay, pay pal, there were lots of pages that said what could happen if an account had issues.

In words hard to understand, the comments got made that it was their right to
retain funds.

It was also never stated how the user/seller/us could be royally messed with if there were issues.

Suxs.

Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 32%

By the way i recovered most of my funds by sending a refund to the buyers (you can refund even if your mp account is frozen and even issue refunds that dip your mp into negative upwards to negative 1000 GBP) then a message with my bank details and paypal details to the buyers email as well as in a private message explaining im having issues getting the money from ebay

Now eBay is messaging me daily to pay them back the 1000 gbp i owe them as they refunded the buyers from their money but they can suck it

Some didnt pay but a lot paid back when they saw the refund appear on their account

One older woman even crafted me a cheque i scanned with starling and had it deposited with no issues

Just something you guys can use to recover some funds from these "dead accounts"

Overall i recovered maybe 35%-45% of customer payments i refunded which put me at dead even and ebay at -1k gbp

Last edited by Therulerz5; 06-24-2021 at 12:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Therulerz5 For This Useful Post:
axgrade (08-14-2021)
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Also as some other info

My previously banned details (non stealth) remain fully operational with about 20 sales and 5 payouts so far no ID request in sight yet
Old 06-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therulerz5 View Post
Also as some other info

My previously banned details (non stealth) remain fully operational with about 20 sales and 5 payouts so far no ID request in sight yet
the details are not banned on the new system though , it should not be a problem. it is unlikely ebay will be banning based on the old regime
Old 06-24-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therulerz5 View Post
By the way i recovered most of my funds by sending a refund to the buyers (you can refund even if your mp account is frozen and even issue refunds that dip your mp into negative upwards to negative 1000 GBP) then a message with my bank details and paypal details to the buyers email as well as in a private message explaining im having issues getting the money from ebay

Now eBay is messaging me daily to pay them back the 1000 gbp i owe them as they refunded the buyers from their money but they can suck it

Some didnt pay but a lot paid back when they saw the refund appear on their account

One older woman even crafted me a cheque i scanned with starling and had it deposited with no issues

Just something you guys can use to recover some funds from these "dead accounts"

Overall i recovered maybe 35%-45% of customer payments i refunded which put me at dead even and ebay at -1k gbp
Is it possible for eBay to just pull the money directly out of your bank account? Or subtract it from any future sales?
Old 06-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Is it possible for eBay to just pull the money directly out of your bank account? Or subtract it from any future sales?
there is no future sales on a banned account

and for bank i just took away their DD mandate in my bank.