20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps money - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-25-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWNED_101 View Post
Before this £986 problem, I sold exactly £1226 worth of stuff with zero payout issues despite them asking me to upload an id.

But as soon as £900 came in they flagged my account. That would put my account past the £2000 mark. That's the red zone, probably.

After numerous enquiries in online chat, I was finally told I was too much of a risk. Basically I got the same generic response as the OP. I went and changed my account details and went back to online chat. They told me the decision can't be appealed no matter what I do.

It's funny because I have active listings and I know for sure the moment I get paid the money is gonna be stuck with no scheduled payout. I will have to just end those listings unless I can get the buyers to pay me outside of eBay which is another nightmare in and of itself lol
Last year I’ve had my MP account suspended but listings stayed live. All payouts were stopped and after few months of selling I’ve contacted them to get my funds paid. After few weeks of chatting with CS they told me to stop selling to get my funds released. It is because buyer protection, buyers have 45 days to file complain, if due date passes funds are free. So I’ve stopped selling, after 45 days I’ve got payout of 7k from ayden.

No matter how much funds is on hold, as long as 45 days passes without sales (without possible buyers complaints) you should get your money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zyga39 For This Useful Post:
Acheu (08-01-2021), axgrade (08-14-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2021

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyga39 View Post
Last year I’ve had my MP account suspended but listings stayed live. All payouts were stopped and after few months of selling I’ve contacted them to get my funds paid. After few weeks of chatting with CS they told me to stop selling to get my funds released. It is because buyer protection, buyers have 45 days to file complain, if due date passes funds are free. So I’ve stopped selling, after 45 days I’ve got payout of 7k from ayden.

No matter how much funds is on hold, as long as 45 days passes without sales (without possible buyers complaints) you should get your money.
was it suspended because of stealth docs? it seems that payouts are refused indefinitely for the people being suspended because identity could not be verified and are granted if there is another reason like if they do not like the items you sell
Old 06-26-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therulerz5 View Post
I only sold about 2000 pound via managed payments 18,000 was before MP kicked in
if only 2000 is via MP,the rest must be with Paypal?
so Ebay has 2000,not 20,000?
Old 06-26-2021

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyga39 View Post

Thanks alot for this. It gives me some hope.
Old 06-28-2021

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
was it suspended because of stealth docs? it seems that payouts are refused indefinitely for the people being suspended because identity could not be verified and are granted if there is another reason like if they do not like the items you sell
It wasn’t stealth account, it was with details I’ve previously used but slight change in name. It was suspended shortly after supplying real docs.

Just to give you more hope, one of my current stealth accounts was approved for MP with stealth details, made up name, dob, virtual address, Lloyds saving account on my real name. It was running good for couple weeks, then eBay asked for proof of address, bank and ID as I think they couldn’t match any of those. Account wasn’t suspended, sales were still coming, but payouts stopped. I was given until 8th July to supply docs that obviously I don’t have.
I took a chance and gave them real name, real address, and the same bank details. I have chosen to proof bank account through micro payouts, they said it will take 3-5 days to prove it. Next day I’ve got message from eBay that payout is on the way, and all my funds just over 1k reached my account shortly after.
Following day my selling limits increased to 10000/195000.

I don’t know how long it will last, so far so good.
Old 06-29-2021

I've read that funds from suspended accounts are released after 45-72 days automatically.

I've also been told by eBay webchat to file a complaint to CSSF. I think I'm going to go ahead with this despite this being a stealth account and my own fault.

Though there's a 1% I'll ever get the money back, I'll be arguing my company was sold and the account details were changed to reflect this. And that eBay have not given us the chance to upload new docs to verify the new details. The case to CSSF will be about the locked money and not the account itself.

It's a bit crazy but I'll try it out. The application will take me about an hour to complete and it's free.
Old 06-29-2021

Quote:
I've read that funds from suspended accounts are released after 45-72 days automatically.

I've also been told by eBay webchat to file a complaint to CSSF. I think I'm going to go ahead with this despite this being a stealth account and my own fault.

Though there's a 1% I'll ever get the money back, I'll be arguing my company was sold and the account details were changed to reflect this. And that eBay have not given us the chance to upload new docs to verify the new details. The case to CSSF will be about the locked money and not the account itself.

It's a bit crazy but I'll try it out. The application will take me about an hour to complete and it's free.
you can change the account to your real details and complain under real name
Old 06-29-2021

Quote:
you can change the account to your real details and complain under real name
Yes, I've changed the details and tried to ask eBay to send me a new banner ID in my account. This was initially granted but never appeared and niether did I receive an E-mail. After lots of back and forth (and speaking to an eBay Manager), they told me to wait 24 hours for a final decision.

I really had hope at this stage and kept thinking I'll see the banner ID any minute/hour on my account but then all of a sudden my account got suspended and I got the typical "you are too high risk" E-mail.

Bunch of liars giving me false hope and then banning me.

I still haven't got round to typing, but I'm thinking about how to tackle the decrepancies of the case to CSSF. The first major question being; "who was the account originally registered to".

I will have to explain how the account transitioned from the stealth name to the new business owner and what to do if they start asking for passport scans of the made-up stealth person.

To lower the chances of getting a refusal I might indeed have to just register the complaint under the new name and build the case on the fact that eBay said they'll send me a second verification E-mail but then decided to ban me instead. Basically not giving me a second chance to upload docs under the new name given that these were special circumstances.

Might have to create a signed agreement showing the business was sold for cash to the new owner and the agreement included the eBay account.

Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by OWNED_101; 06-29-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-30-2021

Longevity: 36%

eBay UK stealth is dead, too risky now. Same with me in one of my accounts: first daily payments stopped and eBay CS said there was no issue with my account. After one week the account was suspended with almost £300.
Old 06-30-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt View Post
eBay UK stealth is dead, too risky now. Same with me in one of my accounts: first daily payments stopped and eBay CS said there was no issue with my account. After one week the account was suspended with almost £300.
Yup. Sucks.

I've prepared and sent a case to CSSF both by E-mail and post.

I'm gonna forget about it and if I'm lucky I'll get a reply after 90 days. ****ing takes the piss that we have to go through this ****.

In the meantime I will work on moving forward and just accept the loss.
The Following User Says Thank You to OWNED_101 For This Useful Post:
ethanhunt (06-30-2021)
Old 06-30-2021

Quote:
Yup. Sucks.

I've prepared and sent a case to CSSF both by E-mail and post.

I'm gonna forget about it and if I'm lucky I'll get a reply after 90 days. ****ing takes the piss that we have to go through this ****.

In the meantime I will work on moving forward and just accept the loss.
If you are using your real details you could get legal help and ask if ebay can be made responsible. I do not see why you as a UK seller should be taking action abroad. ebay is established in the UK as well because it is doing massive business there
Old 06-30-2021

Quote:
If you are using your real details you could get legal help and ask if ebay can be made responsible. I do not see why you as a UK seller should be taking action abroad. ebay is established in the UK as well because it is doing massive business there
I'm using real details but the case will likely get thrown out because it was a former stealth account. Plus the costs of a solicitor make it not worth it.

I've tried 3 times contacting the buyer to ask him if he'd accept a refund and then send the money over to my bank but the nasty piece of work keeps on ignoring my messages.

Personally if I were the buyer and received the goods in perfect working order and then got a message saying funds were never processed, I'd be ready to help out. But some people are just born heartless and prefer to ignore you.
Old 07-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
I'm using real details but the case will likely get thrown out because it was a former stealth account. Plus the costs of a solicitor make it not worth it.

I've tried 3 times contacting the buyer to ask him if he'd accept a refund and then send the money over to my bank but the nasty piece of work keeps on ignoring my messages.

Personally if I were the buyer and received the goods in perfect working order and then got a message saying funds were never processed, I'd be ready to help out. But some people are just born heartless and prefer to ignore you.
i sent them an email that usually got a response
Old 07-02-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
By the way i recovered most of my funds by sending a refund to the buyers (you can refund even if your mp account is frozen and even issue refunds that dip your mp into negative upwards to negative 1000 GBP) then a message with my bank details and paypal details to the buyers email as well as in a private message explaining im having issues getting the money from ebay

Now eBay is messaging me daily to pay them back the 1000 gbp i owe them as they refunded the buyers from their money but they can suck it

Some didnt pay but a lot paid back when they saw the refund appear on their account

One older woman even crafted me a cheque i scanned with starling and had it deposited with no issues

Just something you guys can use to recover some funds from these "dead accounts"

Overall i recovered maybe 35%-45% of customer payments i refunded which put me at dead even and ebay at -1k gbp
This is the right thing to be done!!!! Let eBay sucks themself!!!! It is their fault for banning accounts for no reasons, for no appeal. Let them sucks their 'Idefinate' stuff. I got the register with MP by 11st June, then I decided to abandent the account directly, make my last biding sale on 9th June, got all the funds out of paypal right away. Now eBay can suck the £300 FVF they dream to get. This is what they deserve!
The Following User Says Thank You to DanielLin For This Useful Post:
vlb (01-24-2022)
Old 07-02-2021

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Stealth is dead but if you still want your online eBay business just change to your real details. Job done.
Old 07-02-2021

it also looks like ebay are more loyal to existing active MP sellers now and will not be suspending without clear violations. I think trading under real name has become completely safe as long as certain types of activity are avoided , this especially applies to copyright violations and complaints from VERO
Old 07-03-2021

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Stealth is dead but if you still want your online eBay business just change to your real details. Job done.
Agreed - only issue is if you get banned for whatever reason then the only way to get back on is with someone else's real ID.
Old 07-06-2021

Received a reply from CSSF advising me to contact senior heads at Managed Payments (names were included) before pursuing case further.

Done that and will wait for a response (I don't expect one, though!).

Let's see what happens in the coming months.

UPDATE: Can't believe this but I received a response from the executive of Managed Payments - the senior guy at the top of the line. The case is being looked in to.

Last edited by OWNED_101; 07-06-2021 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2021

Longevity: 15%

Quote:
Received a reply from CSSF advising me to contact senior heads at Managed Payments (names were included) before pursuing case further.

Done that and will wait for a response (I don't expect one, though!).

Let's see what happens in the coming months.

UPDATE: Can't believe this but I received a response from the executive of Managed Payments - the senior guy at the top of the line. The case is being looked in to.
Were you able to get any funds back?

~A
Old 07-31-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

HER ONLY crime is that they cant verify her id,she is not selling counterfeit or illegal items or buyers opening dispute,Ebay may just release her fund and close her account,she may have to wait 180 days
the key is does Ebay feel comfortable releasing the fund despite failure t o verify her ID
Old 08-02-2021

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
yes ive signed up with my previously permanently suspended details recently and got 1000/10k limit right off the bat

passed the adyen checks/MP checks as ive credit records in the UK and so far so good

I did get the 1st listing suspension but after calling it was removed without any mention of my precious account by the agent they just asked the usual questions they do on firsf listings.

Did you use your previously banned bank details and it was all fine?
Old 08-09-2021

Longevity: 15%

The system you are trying to bypass is not ebay, but actually Adyen.

"Adyen is a Dutch payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen has more than 3,500 customers and is listed on the stock exchange Euronext. "

Think a bit more creatively, even a US account requires at least a valid SSN and address.