eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   How do ebay connect name and address? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/144046-how-do-ebay-connect-name-address.html)

starengine 06-17-2021 08:53 AM

How do ebay connect name and address?

Bank details given.
Real name used.
All OK.

Then... they say they need photo ID.
Address used was real, but not address of name.

So... an alarm bell must have been set off at Ayden.
I wanted to know what checks they have to connect a name to an address?

Let's say someone moves to a new address where their name isn't connected.
Will this create an alarm?

Would love to know the inner workings of Ayden.
The more experiences us guys share, the more we can piece together the jigsaw.

slokor 06-17-2021 08:12 PM

Re: How do ebay connect name and address?

In the US that sort of info is easily accessible through any number of public info databases. Wouldn't surprise me if in the UK it is a similar situation.

Jigsaw 06-17-2021 08:55 PM

They do a soft credit check, that is why. Name, address and DOB all must match.

starengine 06-18-2021 04:55 AM

So what happens if one gives details that aren't in these databases?
Let's say DOB was 2 years out? And address, was a real address - but not for that name?
What then?

Bradd 06-23-2021 11:03 AM

I think if the sofy credit check dont find anything to match your Ebay details they will ask for ID essentially you dont exist

murdered_by_ebay 06-23-2021 12:48 PM

they don't do soft check , they verify name , address and DOB , it is not a credit check so you won't see it on your credit report. but if any information is stealth you will be suspended unless you provide real information and have not sent in any stealth ID. if you have already sent a stealth ID you don't need to bother changing details to real , you are 100% guaranteed to be suspended

yankee 06-23-2021 01:07 PM

lexusnexus most likely is how. You should be able to freeze your lexusnexus BUT then they cant verify you at all and will ask for docs.

murdered_by_ebay 06-23-2021 01:29 PM

it is more likely experian since their countries of operation seem identical to adyen verification countries

probably the below system or something similar

https://www.experian.co.uk/business/...boarding/index

I think the weak point of ebay verification is payoneer because payoneer has a much weaker verification where stealth is still possible , I think that is also the reason why Adyen does not verify in those countries. So it is likely we will soon see accounts for sale here where there will be stealth payoneer attached. payoneer verification has always been comparatively weak and most certainly a lot weaker than Adyen

richie2065 06-24-2021 03:29 AM

They do not check/verify the address - name and DOB yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw (Post 1158654)
They do a soft credit check, that is why. Name, address and DOB all must match.

Pandoras_box 06-24-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159428)
they don't do soft check , they verify name , address and DOB , it is not a credit check so you won't see it on your credit report.

Verify from where exactly?

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 05:32 AM

read my post , it says from where

Pandoras_box 06-24-2021 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 1159502)

Interesting. :rolleyes: I'm going to sit in a corner all day and crochet something that isn't there.

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie2065 (Post 1159502)

yes , they do check the address , if you state an address not present in your credit history you will not be verified

Pandoras_box 06-24-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159514)
read my post , it says from where

Are you sure they use exactly what you said or are you speculating?

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 06:02 AM

There are multiple credit agencies , could be a different one. I am also sure they will run the same kind of checks in all other countries where bank account is placed on ebay directly.

dune 06-24-2021 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159518)
yes , they do check the address , if you state an address not present in your credit history you will not be verified

Would you recommend to change the adress on file with the bank to the stealth one on eBay before linking it with the eBay M.P. registering process so it matches?. We could always change the bank adress to our real one when everything is well verified.

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1159565)
Would you recommend to change the adress on file with the bank to the stealth one on eBay before linking it with the eBay M.P. registering process so it matches?. We could always change the bank adress to our real one when everything is well verified.

it would not be a stealth address anymore but yes addresses can be added to credit history if it is needed , I just can't see the point , except maybe that someone would not like to have their main address on ebay for whatever reason

dune 06-24-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159567)
it would not be a stealth address anymore but yes addresses can be added to credit history if it is needed , I just can't see the point , except maybe that someone would not like to have their main address on ebay for whatever reason

Does my "stealth adress" have to stay in the bank, previous opting in M.P., for a period of time in order to appear in the credit history?. Or a few days would be ok?

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1159568)
Does my "stealth adress" have to stay in the bank, previous opting in M.P., for a period of time in order to appear in the credit history?. Or a few days would be ok?

although you can add or remove addresses I can't see the point why it is needed. You would be identified by name and DOB anyway , even if you change many addresses

dune 06-24-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159574)
although you can add or remove addresses I can't see the point why it is needed. You would be identified by name and DOB anyway , even if you change many addresses

Well got my own reasons can't post in open forums.
But are you sure the adress must be "not stealth"?. (It would be real, for example an apartment quite near the adress I live in and have with the bank)

In other words, In order to pass the credit check you must have (had) a bank with the "stealth" adress on it?

Could it take a couple of months for it to show up on your credit score if I change the adress in the bank right now?

murdered_by_ebay 06-24-2021 12:26 PM

address can be changed but I don't know how long it takes until all databases are updated

dune 06-24-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1159581)
address can be changed but I don't know how long it takes until all databases are updated

Ok, and what about if the person is real, never had a bank account before and now wants to open an eBay account to sell. The person opens a bank account and everything matches (even the adress). eBay won't allow that person to sell because they can't have a credit check of the person?. They won't allow personal accounts like this?, it can't be possible !