I have a UK LTD, which bank would work with ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 02-28-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
Default I have a UK LTD, which bank would work with ebay?

Hi everyone, I have recently formed a UK LTD company as a non-resident and am going to create an ebay seller account on these LTD details.

But I'm confused about MP. I have heard that eBay doesn't accept Wise. Is this also true for other virtual banks like Tide or Monzo?

And if it is true, then do you guys know if there's a physical bank that would let me create an account on my LTD details without me being a UK resident?

Thank you so much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2023

Activity: 85%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: I have a UK LTD, which bank would work with ebay?

ebay do not allow non residents to open accounts , Ltd needs at least one director who is a UK resident
Old 03-01-2023
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Monzo works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Dimitrii218 (01-26-2024)
Old 03-02-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

what's the experience with tide like?
Old 03-02-2023

Longevity: 9%

Does ebay uk accept Tide?
Old 03-02-2023

Activity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu View Post
Does ebay uk accept Tide?
Eb UK accepts Monzo and Starling which are both online banks, you do need to have a residency in the UK to open though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nimble For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-03-2023), Dimitrii218 (01-26-2024)
Old 03-02-2023

most uk banks and EMI's stopped taking non residents and ebay banned almost all banks and EMI's that still take non residents
Old 03-02-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
ebay do not allow non residents to open accounts , Ltd needs at least one director who is a UK resident
I'm sorry? Are you saying ebay can check LTDs details and not allow those who have non-resident directors?
Old 03-02-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Monzo works fine
Have you tried adding it recently? I read somewhere that Monzo is not getting accepted by ebay. Also, Monzo personal or business account?
Old 03-02-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Eb UK accepts Monzo and Starling which are both online banks, you do need to have a residency in the UK to open though.
That's awesome. Because people are quoting me a couple hundred pounds to open an HSBC account for me. Would be great if I can get by with an online bank. Have you tried adding these banks to ebay recently?
Old 03-02-2023

all ltd details are checked through companies house and additionally credit check is performed on director
Old 03-02-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomNameBlargh View Post
That's awesome. Because people are quoting me a couple hundred pounds to open an HSBC account for me. Would be great if I can get by with an online bank. Have you tried adding these banks to ebay recently?
Yes I have added both Monzo personal and business and no issues, with starling I've only added personal but business will work too.

See how you get on, I do have 4 spare bank accounts if you need one, the terms can be discussed.

When you set up as a limited company beware that eb will do a thorough check, my account was suspended and I had to call in to "re-activate account". I was asked to upload ID and proof of address, they don't always ask for these documents but its more than likely they will suspend your account and will be asked to call in to discuss what you will be selling etc, etc
Old 03-03-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
See how you get on, I do have 4 spare bank accounts if you need one, the terms can be discussed.
Are you a UK resident? You must need your head looking into if you allowed a Pakistani to use one of your bank accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-03-2023)
Old 03-03-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomNameBlargh View Post
Hi everyone, I have recently formed a UK LTD company as a non-resident and am going to create an ebay seller account on these LTD details.
Why did you create a Limited Company? You can sell on ebay UK quite legitimately as a Pakistani national.
Old 03-03-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Are you a UK resident? You must need your head looking into if you allowed a Pakistani to use one of your bank accounts.
No need to go down the racist route, have you ever heard of the word broker?
Also it clearly states terms to be discussed, those terms are not for a public forum to be discussed in.

I don't understand what your problem is when it clearly doesn't affect you in any way.
Old 03-03-2023

Quote:
No need to go down the racist route, have you ever heard of the word broker?
Also it clearly states terms to be discussed, those terms are not for a public forum to be discussed in.

I don't understand what your problem is when it clearly doesn't affect you in any way.
Settle down, it ain't racist to state the obvious. Are you aware of some of the unwanted terrorism 'leaderboard' issues Pakistan has.

You ain't no broker, you're a low grade stealther like the rest of us.

It also clearly state in the forum rules that unapproved members will not peddle accounts, particularly bank accounts!
Old 03-03-2023

Quote:
Settle down, it ain't racist to state the obvious. Are you aware of some of the unwanted terrorism 'leaderboard' issues Pakistan has.

It also clearly state in the forum rules that unapproved members will not peddle accounts, particularly bank accounts!
Clearly it is racist when you are trying to paint the whole population of Pakistan with the same brush as a terrorist nation, do some reading and you'll find out which nations have committed horrendous atrocities.

Not everyone has a privileged life like yours where some even don't have the basic necessities, but lets not get into debates.

As far as I understood, this is a forum to help others, I'm not peddling anything, if I wanted to do that then would have sent him DM instead of openly stating that I am willing to help him out, and when it concerns a bank account then the risk is mine to take as I know HMRC have the power to freeze accounts if they so wish for further investigation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimble For This Useful Post:
SomeRandomNameBlargh (03-04-2023)
Old 03-03-2023

Quote:
Clearly it is racist when you are trying to paint the whole population of Pakistan with the same brush as a terrorist nation, do some reading and you'll find out which nations have committed horrendous atrocities.

Not everyone has a privileged life like yours where some even don't have the basic necessities, but lets not get into debates.

As far as I understood, this is a forum to help others, I'm not peddling anything, if I wanted to do that then would have sent him DM instead of openly stating that I am willing to help him out, and when it concerns a bank account then the risk is mine to take as I know HMRC have the power to freeze accounts if they so wish for further investigation.
cool down , the guy will not be allowed to run an account on ebay anyway unless he can show the LTD is run by at least one UK resident whose identity can be verified and who is stated as company officer on the companieshouse website so the issue with bank will not arise either
Old 03-04-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes I have added both Monzo personal and business and no issues, with starling I've only added personal but business will work too.

When you set up as a limited company beware that eb will do a thorough check, my account was suspended and I had to call in to "re-activate account". I was asked to upload ID and proof of address, they don't always ask for these documents but its more than likely they will suspend your account and will be asked to call in to discuss what you will be selling etc, etc
Hey man, PMed you!

Okay, so if I upload my Pakistani passport, would it get rejected? Does ebay have any policy for this? I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything.

Edit: Nvm, can't send PMs before 25 posts. Can you please PM me?

Last edited by SomeRandomNameBlargh; 03-04-2023 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-04-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:

What issues are you talking about and what does that have to do with me? I'm a normal dude just trying to make some money like the rest of you.

And for the other question, I created an account on my details but ebay suspended it like 10 minutes later. I made an appeal. They said they can't reinstate it *HOWEVER* I was free to create another account. Did just that and that got the ban hammer as well after 10 minutes.
Old 03-04-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
cool down , the guy will not be allowed to run an account on ebay anyway unless he can show the LTD is run by at least one UK resident whose identity can be verified and who is stated as company officer on the companieshouse website so the issue with bank will not arise either
Hey man, I tried looking it up but the only thing I was able to find on ebay's website was that the company's directors will be verified, not that they had to be residents of the same country. Can you tell me where you're getting this info?
Old 03-04-2023

all financial companies in the uk are obliged to verify LTD information on the companieshouse website so that a representative of the company must be present on companieshouse as company officer