I have a UK LTD, which bank would work with ebay? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 03-04-2023
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
Default Re: I have a UK LTD, which bank would work with ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
all financial companies in the uk are obliged to verify LTD information on the companieshouse website so that a representative of the company must be present on companieshouse as company officer
Right. But where does it say that directors need to be UK residents? I know HSBC needs a UK director with 50% control but that's clearly mentioned on their website.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2023

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

ebay do not verify non residents so verification can not be completed successfully
Old 03-04-2023

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 9%

Quote:
ebay do not verify non residents so verification can not be completed successfully
In which case ebay will request ID and proof of address for a company director.
Old 03-04-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Yes I have added both Monzo personal and business and no issues, with starling I've only added personal but business will work too.

See how you get on, I do have 4 spare bank accounts if you need one, the terms can be discussed.

When you set up as a limited company beware that eb will do a thorough check, my account was suspended and I had to call in to "re-activate account". I was asked to upload ID and proof of address, they don't always ask for these documents but its more than likely they will suspend your account and will be asked to call in to discuss what you will be selling etc, etc
Hey Nimble,

Sorry mate, apparently I can't even reply to your PM without having 25 posts first which is ridiculous. Can you please PM me your Skype or Whatsapp so I can get in touch with you there? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2023

Quote:
In which case ebay will request ID and proof of address for a company director.
ebay have localized everything after MP was implemented , in case of UK: uk company , uk resident , uk mobile , uk bank
Old 03-05-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeRandomNameBlargh View Post
Right. But where does it say that directors need to be UK residents?

They can't show you because it doesn't say it anywhere.

One thing is for sure though, they will want your personal details, you can't simply hide behind a Limited Company in an attempt to remain anonymous. From what you've said that is going to be an issue and why I guess you went down the Ltd Co route.

Whilst not a legal requirement, ebay/Adyen would expect the Bank account to belong to the Company and it will be verified. Any wheeze you look to pull with a stranger on this forum wouldn't get over the first hurdle.
Old 03-05-2023

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Whilst not a legal requirement, ebay/Adyen would expect the Bank account to belong to the Company and it will be verified. Any wheeze you look to pull with a stranger on this forum wouldn't get over the first hurdle.
Wow this statement of yours right here makes me think you don't want anyone else to create any stealth accounts or you don't know how to create them.

Eb/Adyen expect eb account name to match bank account name, yet verification passes with mismatch names.

Likewise, no issues with LTD co having mismatch names on bank account.

What's your problem dude why are you spreading false information?

Perhaps, you are an account seller on here under a different name.
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:
Wow this statement of yours right here makes me think you don't want anyone else to create any stealth accounts or you don't know how to create them.

Eb/Adyen expect eb account name to match bank account name, yet verification passes with mismatch names.

Wow this statement of yours right here makes me think you don't want anyone else to create any stealth accounts or you don't know how to create them. Indeed, in this instance it's not even a effort to create a stealth account!

Nope, mismatched named will not work with foreign national Limited Companies. Fact. I should know I am one and have tried it, which is more than you have. You're as bad as the other bull$hitter, who at least has tried in some way to tell you the issues above.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say you haven't got a clue on how to manage a Limited Company, how they work, or their legal obligations. None whatsoever. Another wanabee forum guru who simply makes it up as they go along.

But you keep trying to peddle your dodgy bank account broker service. Like I said, you must be off your trolley if you wanted to offer a bogus bank account to a foreign national owned Limited Company. Good luck in providing the mandatory bank statement

(here's a tip which I use, never implicitly trust the advice of a low post member who's bought one of the guides )

Last edited by Hank; 03-05-2023 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:

this guy has been spreading false info here for a long time , most of his posts are made up stories. the issue here is that the actual company verification would not come through on ebay so that payouts would be blocked , it does not matter which bank account is used

this text alone says it all: "mismatched named will not work with foreign national Limited Companies"

the clown really thinks that bank account verification is connected to whether LTD belongs to a foreigner or uk resident

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-05-2023 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:
this guy has been spreading false info here for a long time , most of his posts are made up stories. the issue here is that the actual company verification would not come through on ebay so that payouts would be blocked , it does not matter which bank account is used

this text alone says it all: "mismatched named will not work with foreign national Limited Companies"

the clown really thinks that bank account verification is connected to whether LTD belongs to a foreigner or uk resident
Just give the guy the link they're asking for, you never do this, never. All you spout is unfounded personal opinion.

But I will tell you this, the reason I have not categorically refuted your claim is because I am unsure of post brexit criteria, that said neither are you. You cannot give any evidence only opinion but I can at least say that you could create an ebay UK account as a foreign national via a Limited Company because I've done it. I am a foreign national with exactly the set up OP wants. (apart from the ridiculous banking arrangements proposal)
So put up or shut up, give the guy some meaningful evidence, just one link, just one other forum, anything to confirm that this policy has been changed.

FYI I've also been messing with releasing bank accounts, which you said could be done with a dummy account and everyone who said it couldn't was wrong. Guess what, it's can't be done without the replacement being verified first as per their clearly stated policy. I'll provide screenshots for you later.

If you put as much effort into supplying evidence of your claims as you do trying to deny anyone elses, even when links and evidence are provided, you could almost be a useful member.

Just think how much it would stroke your ego if you could, just once, prove me wrong. Go for it!

Last edited by Hank; 03-05-2023 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They can't show you because it doesn't say it anywhere.

One thing is for sure though, they will want your personal details, you can't simply hide behind a Limited Company in an attempt to remain anonymous. From what you've said that is going to be an issue and why I guess you went down the Ltd Co route.
I can submit my passport and stuff. Never submitted ID documents to ebay. My address would be an issue because that's linked to a suspended account.

Quote:
From what I've seen on the forum so far, bank details don't need to be the same. If that was a requirement, people wouldn't be able to sell ebay accounts here.
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:
I can submit my passport and stuff. Never submitted ID documents to ebay. My address would be an issue because that's linked to a suspended account.

From what I've seen on the forum so far, bank details don't need to be the same. If that was a requirement, people wouldn't be able to sell ebay accounts here.
I guessed as much about the personal details, you're going to struggle then, a Limited Company wont hide you.

The bank account issue is going to be inconsequential if you can't open the account, but for a non-resident Limited Company they will verify the account, mismatched names will not work, and they will ask for a bank statement. I speak from personal experience. Do not confuse this with residential private accounts being sold which are nothing like what you're trying to do.
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:
Just give the guy the link they're asking for, you never do this, never. All you spout is unfounded personal opinion.

But I will tell you this, the reason I have not categorically refuted your claim is because I am unsure of post brexit criteria, that said neither are you. You cannot give any evidence only opinion but I can at least say that you could create an ebay UK account as a foreign national via a Limited Company because I've done it. I am a foreign national with exactly the set up OP wants. (apart from the ridiculous banking arrangements proposal)
So put up or shut up, give the guy some meaningful evidence, just one link, just one other forum, anything to confirm that this policy has been changed.

FYI I've also been messing with releasing bank accounts, which you said could be done with a dummy account and everyone who said it couldn't was wrong. Guess what, it's can't be done without the replacement being verified first as per their clearly stated policy. I'll provide screenshots for you later.

If you put as much effort into supplying evidence of your claims as you do trying to deny anyone elses, even when links and evidence are provided, you could almost be a useful member.

Just think how much it would stroke your ego if you could, just once, prove me wrong. Go for it!
writing all possible crap here and asking for proof it is not crap is not going to do you any good. everyone reading this who is actually familiar with the topic would see you are a clown spreading lies

the OP in the other thread on bank account replacement has already replaced bank without confirming new one - just like I said
Old 03-05-2023

Quote:
writing all possible crap here and asking for proof it is not crap is not going to do you any good. everyone reading this who is actually familiar with the topic would see you are a clown spreading lies

the OP in the other thread on bank account replacement has already replaced bank without confirming new one - just like I said
Blah blah blah, put up or shut up. No proof of your gibberish EVER!

I will repeat an indisputable fact because your ego seems to be impairing your vision. You cannot release your bank account with false details. No matter how often you bleat on about it you are 100% wrong.

I've tested it and failed. I'll put this out there for folk to decide what they think ebay will do with your false details wheeze:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/...ayouts?id=4796

To update your bank account for payouts:

Go to Payments in Seller Hub or My eBay.
Select Edit next to the payout method you want to update.
Select Add and follow the steps to add your new payout method.
It usually takes 2 business days for changes to be confirmed and payouts to be enabled for your new bank account.

We’ll need to verify your details when you update any relevant information on your account. You can verify your bank account by logging into your bank, uploading a bank statement, or using microdeposits. Learn more about microdeposits and verifying your bank details in our article on Registering as a seller.

What you need to know
Once you’ve updated your details, we’ll verify your bank account, which can take up to 2 business days. Once your account is verified, we’ll send you a confirmation email, and you’ll start receiving your payouts in your new bank account.

Last edited by Hank; 03-05-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I guessed as much about the personal details, you're going to struggle then, a Limited Company wont hide you.
As I said, I can verify my identity no problem. Only the address would be an issue but I suppose that can also be handled, provided they even ask for my Pakistani address.
Old 12-03-2023

Longevity: 38%

There's just racist idiots on here so be careful don't reply to the idiots
Old 12-03-2023

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 84%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Right. But where does it say that directors need to be UK residents? I know HSBC needs a UK director with 50% control but that's clearly mentioned on their website.
Ebay statement applies to many countries,it is not going into any specific requirements per country,but you will find out when they approve or reject your application.
why dont you go to UK seller forum and ask,if there is a UK seller forum like the US SELLER forum.
Old 12-03-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,948 Times in 8,239 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefandixon View Post
There's just racist idiots on here so be careful don't reply to the idiots
old thread from Mar 2023 - not sure why unearthed
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-03-2023)