Voip Does Not work With UK Paypal Verification. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Voip Does Not work With UK Paypal Verification.

I tried to draw out £26 from my Paypal account when the browser simply failed to refresh the page - This was Paypal's way of telling me ur account is now limited.
When i could finally log into my Paypal account i was hit with the restriction.
Here is what i had to do to lift restriction
1: Change my Password
2: Confirm My email (again)
3: Confirm My location via Phone

I was using a VOIP number (Skype) , it called and i entered the code however nothing happened meaning voip will n ot work for UK Paypal.
What makes me angry is now i have to wait 2 weeks for Paypal to send me a code in the mail .
Paypal's rules are stupid , if they gave me another chance i would go and use my fresh landline .
(By getting a call sign for £1.75 a month from BT it is possible to split ur land line phone into 2 numbers for receiving incoming calls )
This is the cheapest way to sort out the phone verification issue in the UK.
BT only let you have a maximum of two numbers , however , once you have used both numbers for ebay / Paypal purposes you can ring BT and ask them to change both numbers - FREE -) .

Last edited by crazed_ebayer; 04-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Any clue why you were hit with restriction?

Isnt BT callsign a 0870 number or something like that, it doesnt give you another landline format, so I hear.

As for voip it is hit and miss but has been known to work, which voip company are you using? It may not work for paypal verification purely because the number isnt geographically close to your address, possiblity?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-11-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Ive checked it for you and voip is ok, but I suspect you gave wrong area code for where your address is
Old 04-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi oompaloompa.

They restricted my account because that is Paypal's 'default policy ' if phone verification is unsuccessfull.
In other words if phone verification does not work .Paypal will put a restriction on your account untill you have recieved their letter and entered the code they send you .

I used voip and it did not work (Skype) .
I entered the number correctly however it just did not work.
VOIP DOES NOT WORK WITH PAYPAL.

The reason i did not use my call sign number is because i did'nt realise that voip is hit and miss with Paypal.

I did'nt get a chance to try again with my new call sign (Landline number ) because Paypal automatically sent me a code in the mail which i am still waiting for .

IDIOTIC PAYPAL = AUTOMATICALLY SEND ME CODE IN POST = 14 DAYS LATER STILL WAITING = COULD TAKE UP TO 20 DAYS = PAYPAL = IDIOTS !!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

when you say didnt work, did they state why, did they say did not match address or was it another problem?
Old 04-16-2009
Threadstarter  

No they did'nt state why.
I assume that they have some sort of detection system to detect voip.

My skype phone did ring , i entrered tyhe code correctly however it did not work .

As i said earlier what makes me angry is that they do not give you a second chance like ebay do. They automatically restrict an account until location has been verified (code in post).

This sort of thing is typical of ebay / Paypal .

Without even a thought for me my Paypal account was limited (and has been limited for the last 2 weeks ) bringing my ebay account to a standstill.

I'm furious.

They do what they want , what they feel like , with no thoughts or regards for anyone.
Old 04-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

You think they detect voip, its just i pms a few people and they had it work for them, it must be hit and miss, unless its skype thats the problem (havent ebay got some relation to them?), and voipfone is ok.

Paypal are a law unto themselves, no other institution that has you money would be allowed to act like this, plus they ask for a mountain of stuff personal info and id - but they are based in Luxembourg, how convenient.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-17-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-18-2009

Activity: 1%

I have used skype with no problems verifying accounts, but i tried voipfone, got a geographical number, BUT ..."Unfortunately, you did not pass the Confirm Location by Phone process for the following reason:
Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

So in my experience it didn't work, however it worked ok with Ebay.
I got 4 numbers with the Voipfone for the price of one skype, but if they dont work they are not worth a sausage!
Also on another account i tried to verify through skype, but stupidly missed the call so they said they will send the code which as you know takes ages! So i thought i would add a new address, used the same tel number and got a new call - added the number and sorted
Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 96%

remember SKYPE is owned by eBay !!!!
Old 07-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^ i thought everyone knew NOT to use skype bcoz of this??!!!
Old 07-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

^^^ on a kosher ebay/paypal account why should it not work?
Old 07-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^I wont LOL at u coz i like u GB ;-)
Old 07-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatman View Post
I have used skype with no problems verifying accounts, but i tried voipfone, got a geographical number, BUT ..."Unfortunately, you did not pass the Confirm Location by Phone process for the following reason:
Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

So in my experience it didn't work, however it worked ok with Ebay.
I got 4 numbers with the Voipfone for the price of one skype, but if they dont work they are not worth a sausage!
Also on another account i tried to verify through skype, but stupidly missed the call so they said they will send the code which as you know takes ages! So i thought i would add a new address, used the same tel number and got a new call - added the number and sorted
satwadee krap!
so we can use skype to verify ebay/paypal??
korb khoon krap
Old 07-13-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
satwadee krap!
so we can use skype to verify ebay/paypal??
korb khoon krap
Stay away from skype, you could get linked. Its not very stealthy.
Old 08-06-2009

Longevity: 94%

It's possible for Paypal to detect VOIP - they are services out there that provide the service solely to detect VOIP numbers over fixed landline numbers.

I've just created a new PP account, and successfully verified with a VOIP number though. Unless they're fine when you sign up, but when you need to reverify for a limitation, they don't allow VOIP?
Old 08-08-2009

Longevity: 85%

I read a simliar eBook like that ebay-stealth one that said that Skype is owned by ebay and they share information together, and that is why you should never use skype!!

I am just a starter though, just in the "creating new accounts stage" here in the UK.
Old 08-09-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilm View Post
I read a simliar eBook like that ebay-stealth one that said that Skype is owned by ebay and they share information together, and that is why you should never use skype!!

I am just a starter though, just in the "creating new accounts stage" here in the UK.
Well as far as i know its still owned by ebay so you should stay away from it until ebay sells it and your sure they are not sharing information any more.

I know some people are using it and will disagree but i wouldn't call your ebay and paypal accounts 'Stealth Accounts' if you are using skype with them.
Old 10-08-2009

Longevity: 84%

Hey guys,
I got a virtual number (In australia), and it has the option to route it / divert it to my skype account. It works.
But the question is, can ebay / paypal know that the number (local number) they are calling is diverted to a skype account?

Thanks