My first error up opening email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default My first error up opening email

Well finally got around to opening my first stealth account last night, set up new windows user account and got a new ip (via tethering iphone) before hand.

used a variation on next doors address and altered the postcode slightly (already sent myself a test letter out which got to me the next day) and have set up a local area voip number (soho66) so all was well so far.

However when i logged back into back into old windows user i accidently opened an email from paypal from the old ip address. It was one of the first emails paypal send you saiying welcome to paypal etc.I closed the email about a second after i opened it remembering the flash object thing.

Will this account now be linked to old ip etc. I havent added bank accout or card etc yet so should i just open a new account and get a new virtual phone number and address etc?

Or will i be safe to carry on opening this one?

cheers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

welcome Aled

ooo a lurker, who has followed my stealth methods re address.....I have a disciple

they can throw flash in to emails, but its not a sure thing, if you just opened it. Check under your adobe settings to see if theyve left anything behind - unlikely...

Youve set up an ebay already? stop and check, have you cleaned your PC of cookies, have you added on betterprivacy to firefox browser. Even better, use a totally seperate user window for new accounts......

try not to open any more emails from susp account..
Old 10-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^ you should be ok if youve gone for a seperate user screen anyway
Old 10-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Thanks for the quick response oompa, i am indeed a major lurker and have noticed how well you contribute to the site so nice one ,your hard work does get noticed

I have set up the new windows user which i opened the account with however i signed into hotmail with my older windows user id and ip address which is linked to suspended acount which is my concern.

I do use firefox and have deleted my cookies on both windows accounts however so im hoping im ok, how do i check my adobe settings to see if they have left me a present?

and i havent opened my ebay account yet, i wanted to open and verify paypal fully before i do that however i might open my ebay account sooner if its just as safe to do?
Old 10-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

ta, Im glad my evil is put to good use..

I cannot see how you would get linked if you had another ip and were on old user screen. Think you are ok. Do a word search for adobe settings manager, then look under global or website settings, I doubt they left anything but worth a check, if so, delete it...

better to start with paypal and fully verify and then make the ebay and attach it.. it doesnt matter that much how you do it though, its just paypal fully verified with limits lifted can take a while to make....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-06-2009 at 07:10 AM.