PayPal Limited Due To Old Tenant? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 03-16-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default PayPal Limited Due To Old Tenant?

Hi all,

My PayPal account got limited this morning.
I received a chargeback from an eBay buyer yesterday which I think might be partly why it was limited. It's for INR when tracking shows delivery, they lost a PP dispute and then appeal for the same item, I've uploaded all the necessary documents and PP are disputing it.

Reasons for my limitation are to make sure I have enough funds in my account to cover pending refunds (I guess this means chargeback as I have no other eBay/PP issues). Chargeback is for £400 with £745 already in the PP account. That one seems simple enough.

Second reason is to 'resolve issues with related accounts' the email address given is xxxxxx.
I know this is the name of the previous tenant of our address because we receive post in their name. (Our letting agent asks us to keep hold of it.) I Googled the address on the back of most of the letters and it is debt recovery for Lloyds. We also have 2 parcels with eBay return labels addressed to them. So it doesn't bode well for the PP issues.

I could still use my PP for 16 or so hours after receiving the initial chargeback email (before the limitation which I woke up to in my inbox this morning). I made 3 payments in those 12 hours from the PP account and received 2 further payments. When I received the limitation email 2 minutes later there is a PP email saying they have reversed the payments for one of the payments I made as part of their fraud screening. (Oddly enough it was the cheapest one £1.08 vs a £176).

What can I do in this situation?
Obviously I don't want to pay off someone else's debt. We have only lived here since January, I offered to send a copy of the tenancy to PP but they keep saying I need to resolve the issues with this other persons account. Also I don't have invoices/receipts for everything I sold. I pick up lots of things from a local charity shop, all £5 or under, cash only, no paperwork.

My PP account was over 10 years old with very few disputes ever filed on it. The limitation stopped my PP being able to receive payments and withdraw money. I have a second account made up in my wife's name and bank account. We usually use this as a private account but i've added this to my eBay listings as a short term solution. Potentially a stupid thing to do as I know it's in jeopardy now.
Is going stealth my only option to continue selling on eBay/using PP? (Total newbie to stealth).

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 03-16-2017 at 05:29 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2017
just_smile

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: PayPal Limited Due To Old Tenant?

Thats a bit of a pickle you find yourself in.

Unfortunately they have linked your account to another, it's your choice to pay their debt or not. Personally I wouldn't, as there's no guarantee your account would last long term now it's linked to another account.

You really shouldn't have linked your wife's account to your ebay, that account also risks being closed down as it's linked to your now limited account.

The way forward is to go stealth. Pick up the guide and read the forum, it's pretty easy to get your head around after the first few days. Any questions after that, you can post in the forums for guidance.
Old 03-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: PayPal Limited Due To Old Tenant?

just_smile is right on.

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth