Paypal withdrawal 72hrs later still not cleared - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-13-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Exclamation Paypal withdrawal 72hrs later still not cleared

Hi - Anyone else facing issues withdrawing from Paypal lately? Currently have a withdrawal which was done 75hrs ago however still hasn't cleared. Account has been perfect till date all previous withdrawals have been 72hrs and cleared on time. Unfortunately on this occasion I am still waiting - strange thing is its vanished from pending transfers too...
The Following User Says Thank You to zamzam For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (11-13-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 39%
Default Re: Paypal withdrawal 72hrs later still not cleared

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Hi - Anyone else facing issues withdrawing from Paypal lately? Currently have a withdrawal which was done 75hrs ago however still hasn't cleared. Account has been perfect till date all previous withdrawals have been 72hrs and cleared on time. Unfortunately on this occasion I am still waiting - strange thing is its vanished from pending transfers too...

I’m having the same issue: one payment has been over 90 hrs and still pending, I’m currently on hold to PayPal who I’m hoping can give an explanation. From what I gathered on Twitter there seems to be a PayPal glitch but I’m not sure when it will be sorted.

It’s because of shi* like this that I have no bad conscience about screwing over Paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to rollinandrollout For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Cheers - glad I'm not alone thought account was on verge of getting screwed. Will keep this thread updated. Guessing they'll be few more facing same issue on here??
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 50%

Yes also facing the same issue on one account. Found it strange that I didn't receive the usual 'you requested a withdrawal' email when the withdrawal was initiated, 4 days later (2 business days) and still waiting for the money to hit my account. Other more established accounts with instant withdrawal not having any issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to blacksecretagent For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018
Threadstarter  

*UPDATE* Just got off phone to customer service - there fully aware of the issue and have tech guys doing there part. Apparently issue has been on going since last Thursday with number of accounts effected. Been assured payment will be processed soon... fingers crossed
Old 11-13-2018

Default Paypal withdrawal 72hrs later still not cleared

Quote from PayPal agent on phone:

“I can see you have withdrawals pending, there is an ongoing glitch with the PayPal system and we are working on it, you have nothing to worry about as it will be sorted within 24-48 hours but I will add you to the ‘priority list’ and you will be informed by email once it’s fixed.”

So pretty much useless information as expected.
zamzam (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 77%

I’m having the same problem on 3 accounts. All 72 hours due to clear today. Spoke to PP and they said they’re aware of issues and not to worry, it’ll be in ASAP. Same as some posted above really.
I’m wondering if they will cancel the withdrawals then tell us all to withdraw again, hopefully not though!!
The Following User Says Thank You to andyf777 For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018

Longevity: 31%

So glad I found this, registered here just to message, although browse often.

My main account and two stealth have been having this issue, been waiting over 90 hours for withdrawals.

Was ****ting it that i may of ****ed all of my accounts.

Be great to know if anyone has updates.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamhead For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 36%

Using a 5 month old stealth account and made a withdrawal on Sunday morning and it showed me the transfer delayed 24 hour message and still shows as pending in my paypal.

WD history in my account:
1st withdrawal was 72 hours waiting and then was processed after exactly 72 hours
2nd wthdrawal was the same as the 1st
3rd withdrawal went through instant
4th withdrawal was the 24 hour transfer delayed and then was processed after exactly 24 hours
5th withdrawal was instant
6th withdrawal (the one done on Sunday) was the 24 hour transfer delayed

Glad to see Paypal have confirmed an issue on their end as I was going to call up today and risk someone looking at the account but I obviously will not now!
The Following User Says Thank You to Urinbits For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

It does seem a little odd that it's taken them almost a week to fix this issue...

Its probably just an excuse to earn more interest on our money, wtf do they expect small businesses to do.... Been nearly 6 days for me now.
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 77%

Just spoke to Paypal again, they said it’s affecting all UK customers withdrawing from 9th November onwards. And they cannot give a time frame as to when the funds will actually clear. Just the ‘our technical team is trying to fix the problem’ crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to andyf777 For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamhead View Post
It does seem a little odd that it's taken them almost a week to fix this issue...

Its probably just an excuse to earn more interest on our money, wtf do they expect small businesses to do.... Been nearly 6 days for me now.
I doubt it's something sinister on PayPals end. Looking at twitter there's a few people moaning as well. I just hope when they fix it that it doesn't cancel all pending withdrawals and we have to do it again.

On this topic....how many withdrawals on a stealth account before nearly every withdrawal is instant?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Urinbits For This Useful Post:
andyf777 (11-14-2018), zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urinbits View Post
On this topic....how many withdrawals on a stealth account before nearly every withdrawal is instant?
From personal experience it’s always few months in and once EU docs have been verified. Considering account is in daily use ie. eBay sales - then I always tend to see instant withdrawals after 2-3 months... of course it will vary to account usage etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to zamzam For This Useful Post:
Urinbits (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 40%

What is strange is that I had two pending withdrawals on 13th, both due to release that day, one from a 24 hour wait, which was completed with no issue and the other a 72 hour wait from Saturday, which did not complete and is still pending over 90 hours later.

It is an absolute disgrace that withdrawals are held for that long in the first place, but to have a defunc system as well, to keep us all waiting for even longer. I, like a lot of affected customers, are in urgent need of this cash, which I own and are entitled to receive.

I cannot phone them because of the risk of limitation, but if those who have an active dialogue with PayPal could keep a track for us, that would be really helpful.

Wishful thinking, but after this flop, I am hoping they amend the internal system to release withdrawals instantly on a more regular basis for less established accounts, as I assume they have a daily pool of millions upon millions of transactions pending which the system has clearly struggled to handle. They only need to hold them when something in particular is detected, they seem to do it one after another on a new account, which is not security orientated, it is simply a pain the ass and no need for it. It doesn't stop money laundering, as the system processes it anyway after 72 hours so the criminal still has their money, but after a longer wait for it.

Last edited by JHerald; 11-14-2018 at 09:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JHerald For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerald View Post
What is strange is that I had two pending withdrawals on 13th, both due to release that day, one from a 24 hour wait, which was completed with no issue and the other a 72 hour wait from Saturday, which did not complete and is still pending over 90 hours later.

It is an absolute disgrace that withdrawals are held for that long in the first place, but to have a defunc system as well, to keep us all waiting for even longer. I, like a lot of affected customers, are in urgent need of this cash, which I own and are entitled to receive, it is an entitlement not a "privilege" for them to do what they advertise and make profit from.

I cannot phone them because of the risk of limitation, but if those who have an active dialogue with PayPal could keep a track for us, that would be really helpful.

Wishful thinking, but after this flop, I am hoping they amend the internal system to release withdrawals instantly on a more regular basis, as I assume they have a daily pool of millions of transactions pending. They only need to hold when necessary, they seem to do it one after another which is not security, it is a pain the ass.

Even if you call them they won’t have anything to say but “there is a system glitch that our tech team are working on” , “they should’ve fixed it within 24-48 hours” and “I will put you on the priority list”
zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Seriously wondering how many customers are effected - majority will not even be aware until they check bank accounts - LOL
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinandrollout View Post
Even if you call them they won’t have anything to say but “there is a system glitch that our tech team are working on” , “they should’ve fixed it within 24-48 hours” and “I will put you on the priority list”
They are fast and sophisticated enough to limit accounts on an automated scale, run state-of-the-art algorithms and fraud detection mechanisms, but cannot resolve a problem for days and days with the module that pushes pending withdrawals through to completion.

This is disgusting on their part and hope that BBC Watchdog make yet another humiliation of them on British public television, not just for this but a variety of other misleading claims they make, instant withdrawals being one of them, when all new accounts are subject to holds, so should not be advertising it as a feature of signing up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JHerald For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (11-14-2018), zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Phone call with UK based agent (more helpful) :

•The issue has apparently been fixed so future withdrawals will take a max of 72 hours

• Me : “how many accounts have been affected then”
Agent : “ about two thousand accounts today”

•As the issue has been “fixed” they just have to manually push the withdrawals into the customer account

• the problem was with the FPS (Faster Payments System) so once they’ve manually initiated the withdrawal it won’t have to go through the 72hr security hold

•” you have been added to the priority list, we are working through all of the accounts and it shouldn’t take more than a few days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rollinandrollout For This Useful Post:
Urinbits (11-14-2018), zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

Good that it's fixed but a touch worrying they manually have to push them to completion as surely that means they'll look at the account but perhaps since there are so many in the queue they'll just keep pushing them through without checks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Urinbits For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (11-14-2018), zamzam (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018

It is worrying that they will manually push them, and perhaps look at the accounts, but I can't see them having the man power to look through everyone's account, they will just let them through hopefully... Or it's gonna be a massive amount of accounts that get limited lol...

Still... Having to wait a few more days is unacceptable, hope it goes through quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jamhead For This Useful Post:
rollinandrollout (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Anyone who successfully receives their funds please keep this thread updated - fingers crossed they have the capacity to process all pending withdrawals...
Old 11-14-2018

When these get completed I wonder does the internal system view it as the withdrawal was made just now or will it refer to the time it should have cleared as I was hoping to make another withdrawal this week