PayPal limitation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-01-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default PayPal limitation

Hi everyone

So this morning I woke to £600 clearing into my account after 5 days of it being held due to me selling a high risk item on ebay along with another email stating my account has been limited.

The limit is due to my account being connected with another account that has outstanding issues, the email they provide for the other account I think was mine but cant be too sure as I've had my current email well over 10 + years now.

I have tried to login with the other email address but any normal password I use dont work
I dont have any access to the suspected email, and trying to reset the email password on virginmedia.blackberry just sends a pin to my BlackBerry device

I dont own a BlackBerry now I did in 2007 when I had a blackberry curve??

I'm unsure what to do? PayPal state I need to upload ID which I have done and login to the other account and resolve issues?

The thing that is annoying me the most is I only use paypal/ebay to sell personal things and have just sold a personal item for £600 so that me and my family can buy food as I've been made unemployed with the covid 19 issue

Any help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: PayPal limitation

They have said that the link between the 2 accounts is strong and they must enforce the limit.

until i confirm the other account both will remain locked..

But i dont know the details to the other
or if it was even mine
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Right an update on this...

Apparently the linked account is in debt and is an account my ex partners used, the links between the account are bank account details (which used to be joint) and a the backup email to the account being the same as my current registered PP account (one using googlemail & gmail)

I was unaware of the debt they asked me to log in to the account which I have refused as I dont believe it to belong to me, I have spoken to my ex who has said they cant log in to paypal as it seems the account is locked ( they know the correct password & attempts to reset password PP just reports an error)

PP have refused to open my account due to this debt and currently holding my funds.

What do I do about this? Are my funds lost now? Or will they close my account and do the 180 days thing?

Cheers
Old 04-11-2020
Threadstarter  

They are willing to sort the debt out.

Problem is they cant log in I have been telling PP this for a week but they dont seem to want to resolve the issue?
Old 04-11-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

tinsoldier is spot on patters1978 - rough predicament :(