paypal calling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-29-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default paypal calling

Did not want to write up about this at the time <paranoid they come ehre and would know it was me > HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

However when I started selling on my new account, Paypal called me. The woman on the other end of the line was American, and you could tell she was calling from the states as the line was horrible.

Anyway, this women proceeded to ask me if I was X, to which I replied positively. Then she moved onto the items I was selling , in particular brand X. I said I was selling that product, along with many others.

( This call , as you can imagine was out of the blue, and very unexpected, my heart was beating a million miles per hour, and I was slightly caught on the hop, as I was trying to think quickly as well compose myself to what else was coming my way.)

Things which I had worked through over and over in my head, seem to disappear on me when confronted like this. Luckily all my items were tracked and sent recorded delivery, and she asked who I use to send my items, I told her all my items are sent with tracking by Royal Mail, which she was fine about. Then she asked me where I got my items from............ which threw me somewhat, although I knew what to say the words would not come out right, after what seemed a lifetime of a pause, I stated that the items were bought from close out sales, and warehouses in the UK. she seemed to be happy and pleased with that. I somewhat relaxed more into the conversation, and asked her if there was any other information she needed or wanted. However she just said, "No, thats all, carry on," and put the phone down.

Since then , I have kept selling, have passed way over £1700 mark, have not been asked for any other information since. Although I did have a 21day hold on my money,(I do not put that down to my account but more to paypal security) even that has been lifted now. Never have they asked any information whatsoever from me since that call came through.

At first, i thought I am going to log into my account and am going to see it limited, however after some thought, I was glad I took that call and spoke to the woman on the other end. It proved I was a real person, who had all the information about the account, and I was someone who was available through that number. all these things in my eyes are very positive things, as that in my opinion paypal wants to verify more than anything other.

It was the first time anything like this has ever happened over the years of owning ebay and paypal accounts. Just wondering if anyone else has been through anything similar ? Specially with the lack of checks since the call

Thanks for reading
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!