Paypal problems :S - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 09-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Paypal problems :S

Hello.

Basically, several months ago my paypal account was suspended for suspicious activity. Anyway, to get my account back I had to provide loads of proof and receipts of products I'd previously sold on ebay. I didn't have any proof.. :(

So anyway, I decided a couple of months ago to make a new paypal account, new bank, etc.. and it was fine, used it loads until last week - when they 'linked' it to my old account and thus limited it.

And I can only unlimit my new one when i've resolved the problems with my old account.

How do I get around this? Theres probably an easy way but I don't know.

P.S. The paypal accounts i have used are all under my name, and all using true information. I would rather keep it that way, and don't want to be fussing over making anew account under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Well.... The fact is, if you owe fees, they will act like if you just pay them your account will be restored. But that almost never happens. People pay the fees and then get a form email from PayPal about not wanting to do business with them anymore.

Part of it is the way they operate and part of it is the new economy.

In a perfect world, you would not need to create accounts using stealth information, but I really don't see any other way around your situation. You could try speaking with them, but don't expect much. Once PayPal decides that you pose a risk, even a tiny risk, you are gone. And they very rarely reverse their decisions. You have to remember that this is a company that regularly kicks off users with $20k in monthly sales and 99.9% positive feedback. Even though they have been a customer for years and years.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But on the bright side, you can still go stealth if you decide to. I know it seems complicated in the beginning, but it quickly becomes second nature and it really does work!

Last edited by jeffweico; 09-20-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by desir0 View Post
Hello.

Basically, several months ago my paypal account was suspended for suspicious activity. Anyway, to get my account back I had to provide loads of proof and receipts of products I'd previously sold on ebay. I didn't have any proof.. :(

So anyway, I decided a couple of months ago to make a new paypal account, new bank, etc.. and it was fine, used it loads until last week - when they 'linked' it to my old account and thus limited it.

And I can only unlimit my new one when i've resolved the problems with my old account.

How do I get around this? Theres probably an easy way but I don't know.

P.S. The paypal accounts i have used are all under my name, and all using true information. I would rather keep it that way, and don't want to be fussing over making anew account under a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

thanks
What exactly was left not fixed on the 1st account? Dont be prepared to think paypal are being truthful about fixing the 2nd one if the 1st problems are resolved. It's a trick of theirs.

'Fussing about' may be a road you need to take. Give more details about the 1st account for our advice. What amount of ebay/paypal business do you do?
Old 09-21-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Well.... The fact is, if you owe fees, they will act like if you just pay them your account will be restored. But that almost never happens. People pay the fees and then get a form email from PayPal about not wanting to do business with them anymore.

Part of it is the way they operate and part of it is the new economy.

In a perfect world, you would not need to create accounts using stealth information, but I really don't see any other way around your situation. You could try speaking with them, but don't expect much. Once PayPal decides that you pose a risk, even a tiny risk, you are gone. And they very rarely reverse their decisions. You have to remember that this is a company that regularly kicks off users with $20k in monthly sales and 99.9% positive feedback. Even though they have been a customer for years and years.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But on the bright side, you can still go stealth if you decide to. I know it seems complicated in the beginning, but it quickly becomes second nature and it really does work!
I don't owe any fee's though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What exactly was left not fixed on the 1st account? Dont be prepared to think paypal are being truthful about fixing the 2nd one if the 1st problems are resolved. It's a trick of theirs.

'Fussing about' may be a road you need to take. Give more details about the 1st account for our advice. What amount of ebay/paypal business do you do?
I don't do an awful lot of Paypal business, just personal stuff I occasionally buy on ebay. But a few months back I did get hold of a load of quite abit of stock I needed to get rid of, and thats why paypal limited me.

They're asking for 'proof of delivery', 'invoices', 'supplier contact info' and 'Provide more information about payments'.

And the limitation reason is : "Our system found unusual activity associated with your PayPal and eBay accounts that present a potential high risk"