paypal sending limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default paypal sending limit

Remove PayPal Sending Limit?

Hi on a paypal uk account with a sending limit of £1000 is it possible to remove this without needing to add a bank account?

Last edited by aspkin; 05-21-2018 at 02:10 PM. Reason: remove sending limit?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

3.3 Lifting your sending limit. In order to lift your sending limit, you must complete the steps set out below.

In the UK: 1) Either: set up Direct Debit and complete the Random Deposit Process; or be successfully approved for and activate PP Credit and 2) if you hold a Business or Premier Account, you will also need to provide business information. If you wish to lift the sending limit on your card linked to your Account you will also be required to complete the Link and Confirm Card process.

PP may, from time to time, require you to, or provide you with the option of, carrying out other methods or procedures to lift your sending limit.

or open another PP account.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%

What's a sending limit? sending money from your PP to other people?
Old 04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
What's a sending limit? sending money from your PP to other people?
3.2 Sending Limits. If you have a yearly sending limit on your Account, you can view it by logging into your Account and clicking on the “View Limits” link on the “Account Overview” page. For this purpose, “yearly” means a calendar year starting from the date that payment activity first took place on your Account. We may, at our reasonable discretion (for example, without limitation, to limit fraud or credit risk), impose limits on the amount of money you can send through our Service.

So, yeah, it is the anti-money laundering limit placed on accounts.

Old 04-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Default good response

hi shady good thorough response, good avatar too.

my question then is leads to this, if you have an eshop with paypal integrated for checking out etc, there is an option for users to pay for items without a paypal account, is there a transaction limit in this scenario?

Say you had a website that sold laptops priced from £1000 - £3000 would this mean every person on your site wouldn't be able to make a purchase? There has to be no limit in place in this scenario if your using paypal as a merchant otherwise its not a practical solution when compared to other options. hmmm
Old 04-16-2011

Quote:
my question then is leads to this, if you have an eshop with paypal integrated for checking out etc, there is an option for users to pay for items without a paypal account, is there a transaction limit in this scenario?

Say you had a website that sold laptops priced from £1000 - £3000 would this mean every person on your site wouldn't be able to make a purchase? There has to be no limit in place in this scenario if your using paypal as a merchant otherwise its not a practical solution when compared to other options. hmmm
I think you have to be fully verified and possibly even have a business PP account for such transactions.

Quote:
good avatar too.
Old 04-19-2011
Threadstarter  

wow the aspkin.com/forum is behaving wierd it took me about 10 attempts to log in, it says i logged in fine! then goes to re direct me and i come back at the login page, this happens to me on different machines and different browsers so its not a cookie issue.

Anyway back to the relevance of this post, definatly as the seller you would need a business fully verified account. I'm fully aware of that but I'm asking about the buyers, who are simply visiting by e commerce site, and want to make a purchase for say 2500, can they just check out effortsley in the same way they would on an ecommerce site that had a proper merchant.

Or will paypal intervine and ask them to verify themsevles? If they do this isn't a good thing it undermines the whole point of having paypal as a checkout service on your e commerce site
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosweeper View Post
Anyway back to the relevance of this post, definatly as the seller you would need a business fully verified account.
Or people may not have a business account but instead have PP accounts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosweeper View Post
Or will paypal intervine and ask them to verify themsevles? If they do this isn't a good thing it undermines the whole point of having paypal as a checkout service on your e commerce site
Hmmm, I do not know much about this because I do not do it, I cannot say whether you would have to be verified on PP though it would be likely.

Also is their not limits on othe rmerchant accounts?

You should wait for someone else to answer this, I will wait because I want to find out the answer myself!