Lifting Paypal £1900 Limit - Confirming Personal Information - How?!?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 08-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Cool Lifting Paypal £1900 Limit - Confirming Personal Information - How?!?!

Hi folks!

Well I thought I had already sorted this ages ago but it seems that my Paypal account has a receiving limit of £1900 per year. Regardless of the fact that my account is verified and I have confirmed my bank account etc and done all the other verification steps Paypal are now asking me to 'Confirm personal information'.

The steps to do this just involved adding my date of birth and confirming my address etc on a form on the paypal site, however when I try and do this there is a '30 second' pause after which it tells me that it has been unable to confirm these details... Well what on earth am I supposed to do?

I have added the same details as I registered originally and used to create my ebay and paypal stealth accounts. I know people have asked this similar question before and I have been trawling through many different messages people have written about this issue, but can anyone give me an answer that is relevant to my particular situation, i.e, this 'Confirm personal information' request.

kindest regards

Johnny

Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

When you try to "Confirm Personal Information", PP will try to match the name on the account to the address you have given. Assuming this is a stealth account you will fail this part and they will ask you to fax or upload documents: 1) photo ID and 2) proof of address eg utlity bill.
Old 08-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Thanks Ebayorbust for your suggestion, but sorry, I dont understand what you mean when you say PP will try and match the name on my account to the address I uploaded, why would that be different, its the name I created the account in isnt it? What else would it be? I dont know why as well other people are saying their account limits were lifted just by them confirming their credit card etc. Obviously if I get asked to provide evidence of photo ID (Passport / Driving Licence etc) then I cant, and likewise proof of address such as a utility bill would also be impossible for a stealth account, so how do I deal with this? I cant believe this has come up now, are stealth accounts only good to use up to the £1900 limit?

kind regards

Johnny
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

They are trying to match the name on your pp account to publicly available records . Personally I think they use 192.con!

As your account details are stealth you WILL be asked to fax in documents.

There are ways around this
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 74%

Even when the details are 100% correct they say you 'failed', I used them asking for ID and utility bill as an advantage, I was happy I could get it out the way to avoid any future limitations.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Thanks Ebayorbust for your suggestion, but sorry, I dont understand what you mean when you say PP will try and match the name on my account to the address I uploaded, why would that be different, its the name I created the account in isnt it? What else would it be? I dont know why as well other people are saying their account limits were lifted just by them confirming their credit card etc. Obviously if I get asked to provide evidence of photo ID (Passport / Driving Licence etc) then I cant, and likewise proof of address such as a utility bill would also be impossible for a stealth account, so how do I deal with this? I cant believe this has come up now, are stealth accounts only good to use up to the £1900 limit?kind regards

Johnny
It's £1900 receiving or 12 months old on the account - whichever comes first. Some stealthers think that if they keep under £1900 pa the account will be okay - this is not true. When the account hits its first birthday the account will be limited until the identity check is done.

As I said though there are ways round this.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 08-12-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Thanks Ebayorbust for your suggestion, but sorry, I dont understand what you mean when you say PP will try and match the name on my account to the address I uploaded, why would that be different, its the name I created the account in isnt it? What else would it be? I dont know why as well other people are saying their account limits were lifted just by them confirming their credit card etc. Obviously if I get asked to provide evidence of photo ID (Passport / Driving Licence etc) then I cant, and likewise proof of address such as a utility bill would also be impossible for a stealth account, so how do I deal with this? I cant believe this has come up now, are stealth accounts only good to use up to the £1900 limit?

kind regards

Johnny
Think ER and 192.com

Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:

kind regards

Johnny
The PM button on this forum is, in my opinion, one of the most useful tools we have. Using it you can talk in private with some of the most knowledgable people I have ever come across - just a thought.

Old 08-12-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
It's £1900 receiving or 12 months old on the account - whichever comes first. Some stealthers think that if they keep under £1900 pa the account will be okay - this is not true. When the account hits its first birthday the account will be limited until the identity check is done.

are you sure this is true?, I have under £1900 radr account that is 5 days over its year anniversary, and nobody asked me for docs, it buy and sell and made about £1200 this year.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinglink View Post
are you sure this is true?, I have under £1900 radr account that is 5 days over its year anniversary, and nobody asked me for docs, it buy and sell and made about £1200 this year.
In my experience - yes, but I'm not saying there aren't going to be exceptions.

If you genuinely believe that pp is never going to ask you to verify your identity then I admire your optimism.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes at some point they may ask you, I think maybe yours ebayorbust coincide with the year mark, has it been more than one? but I have not heard of it being a scheduled thing at one year, right now.......
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
yes at some point they may ask you, I think maybe yours ebayorbust coincide with the year mark, has it been more than one? but I have not heard of it being a scheduled thing at one year, right now.......
Mine were all around a year old give or take a week or two. Some were well under the £1900 limit. The accounts were put under review for a few days. As I had already addressed confirmed the accounts they automatically removed the £1900 limit and restored the accounts.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

so you did not have to submit docs, as they were already verified with bank and cards you mean? actually I can see a way round this too now you mention it.....will have to wait and see if it happens, only got a couple of those kind...
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post

On reflection I may have worded this poorly. I don't know that the account would be definitely limited as all my accounts were ID confirmed when they went under review after 1 year so I don't actually know what would have happened had they not been.

I would imagine you will be raising flags on the account if it is never ID confirmed. It is an anti-money laundering regulation PP must comply with so it's a safe bet they won't be happy if they have loads of account holders that never ID verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (08-12-2011)
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
so you did not have to submit docs, as they were already verified with bank and cards you mean? actually I can see a way round this too now you mention it.....will have to wait and see if it happens, only got a couple of those kind...
Correct. You did the phone confirmation and expuse number to address verify (back when this could be done). The limit still remains on the account although it has a green tick beside it.

The account goes under review at it's anniversary. After a few days you get an email and then the limit drops off the account permanently.
Old 08-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

I don't know that the account would be definitely limited as all my accounts were ID confirmed when they went under review after 1 year so I don't actually know what would have happened had they not been

^^ sorry not sure what this means, at what point had you submitted docs, before the review? why did you do that if you were intending to keep them under 1900?
Old 08-15-2011

Longevity: 77%

Hello
Does anyone know what is the limit in different EU countries? I heard it might be 2400euro in the euro zone. I opened accounts in a few countries so I want to know how to avoid getting over it
Old 08-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolt54 View Post
Hello
Does anyone know what is the limit in different EU countries? I heard it might be 2400euro in the euro zone. I opened accounts in a few countries so I want to know how to avoid getting over it
kolt I have a few euro ones and I keep under the limits, pm me, we might have the same ones, but off the top of my head, pretty much all have the equivalent limit as UK in euros.......