Lifting 1900 limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Lifting 1900 limit

Hey Guys

Well i just have a new pp account about a week or so now and i have confirmed a bank account and everything else. I have not used the account yet and im trying to lift this £1900 limit before i start to sell anything with the account so i dont have a headache later.

They have asked for my personal details, phone number, dob, name and then i click confirm and it waits 30 seconds and then comes back wheather it was confirmed or not.

My was not so now it asks me for documents. I signed out and then back in and it doesnt ask me for documents anymore, strange.

I phoned them up and got through to limitation guy and he said there is a warning on my account but i have done everything i need to do and that my account is ok so i can go ahead and start using it. I asked him how long will it be untill this is sorted and he said about a week because there is a back log.

If i have to send in 2 documents can i send in my passport that has already been sent in for another pp account and is closed ? Will they link that ? Do they even check the documents now ? I can remember reading that they dont even check documents so i used to always ps stuff and it used to get through if i ever had a problem.

Another point to make is that my passport isnt even in my current address if they do check it, would that just kill the account do you think ? On the pp account i have my name down as Khris but on my passport is Chris do you think they could pull me up on that ? Maybe i should start ps up and change the C to a K to keep them happy if they ask for my passport.

Any thoughts are advice are all welcome

Chris
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
can i send in my passport that has already been sent in for another pp account and is closed -
NO, this is a big LINK that (if discovered) is your doom for the account. Oh, they check...they have a lot of staff for that when we are talking about big $....

Passport not being in current address is not such a big deal but if you have used it with a banned account, it's too dangerous to use in my opinion.
Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 76%

... just a quick thought....

maybe they take the actual passort / driver license number and put that on their database not just the name and addy.

Just a passing thought and I can not confirm this.

Love your 'longevity'... thats hardcore man!
Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris187 View Post
They have asked for my personal details, phone number, dob, name and then i click confirm and it waits 30 seconds and then comes back wheather it was confirmed or not.
I am not certain but PP are either 'randomly' selecting accounts for this type of verificatiom in the UK or if you enter the info incorrectly then they go to ID verification instead.

Quote:
...about a week because there is a back log.

Quote:
If i have to send in 2 documents can i send in my passport that has already been sent in for another pp account and is closed ? Will they link that ? Do they even check the documents now ?
They check the documents, yes!

What if PP keeps a record of the passport number from all the submitted passports. This would mean that you cannot use your 'real' passport again.

Quote:
On the pp account i have my name down as Khris but on my passport is Chris do you think they could pull me up on that ?
It would make a lot of sense if they did, because their wouldn't really be point doing and ID check otherwise. Two different names.

Here is a tip for you, you can call PP or submit a change of name, they allow it if you made a 'mistake' when opening your PayPal account.

Although it would make more sense to 'create' the 'C' on the passport to a 'K'.

How can you use your real passport name if that is suspended. You can't. So change it.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

I cant see how you can get away with sending in your passport if you have already done this for a suspended account then. All they need to do is type the passport number into a computer and see if it comes up on any suspended account and then your screwed.

Lucky enough my passport needs renewed in a few months time and also my driving lic.
Old 04-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
... just a quick thought....

maybe they take the actual passort / driver license number and put that on their database not just the name and addy.

Just a passing thought and I can not confirm this.

Love your 'longevity'... thats hardcore man!

Yea i was here from the very beginning :D
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
I cant see how you can get away with sending in your passport if you have already done this for a suspended account then. All they need to do is type the passport number into a computer and see if it comes up on any suspended account and then your screwed.

Lucky enough my passport needs renewed in a few months time and also my driving lic.
Well, that scenario only applies if they do log passport numbers, I have know evidence that this is procedure at PP in the UK

You shouldn't rely on having to have your passport renewed to be able to open a stealth PP account, that is not very efficient at all. :D

p.s. Yes your longevity is very inspiring, itz iz coolz manz!
Old 04-19-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Hey Guys

Well i just have a new pp account about a week or so now and i have confirmed a bank account and everything else. I have not used the account yet and im trying to lift this £1900 limit before i start to sell anything with the account so i dont have a headache later.

My was not so now it asks me for documents. I signed out and then back in and it doesnt ask me for documents anymore, strange.

I phoned them up and got through to limitation guy and he said there is a warning on my account but i have done everything i need to do and that my account is ok so i can go ahead and start using it. I asked him how long will it be untill this is sorted and he said about a week because there is a back log.

If i have to send in 2 documents can i send in my passport that has already been sent in for another pp account and is closed ? Will they link that ? Do they even check the documents now ? I can remember reading that they dont even check documents so i used to always ps stuff and it used to get through if i ever had a problem.

Another point to make is that my passport isnt even in my current address if they do check it, would that just kill the account do you think ? On the pp account i have my name down as Khris but on my passport is Chris do you think they could pull me up on that ? Maybe i should start ps up and change the C to a K to keep them happy if they ask for my passport.

Any thoughts are advice are all welcome

Chris

How many cards have you added to your paypal, how many phone numbers or how many addresses do you see in your paypal.

in the last couple of months i have been asked the same, ID on 1900 limit. the first time i removed my entropay card and it removed the limitation and request for ID (strange but true), then A couple of weeks i had it happen again. All the the items where confirmed with a green tick, anyway i was asked for id , i looked round my account for an anomalies and noticed that i had the same address added twice, i removed one logged out logged back in and the request for id was gone, really weired but I'm not complaining.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
How many cards have you added to your paypal, how many phone numbers or how many addresses do you see in your paypal.

in the last couple of months i have been asked the same, ID on 1900 limit. the first time i removed my entropay card and it removed the limitation and request for ID (strange but true), then A couple of weeks i had it happen again. All the the items where confirmed with a green tick, anyway i was asked for id , i looked round my account for an anomalies and noticed that i had the same address added twice, i removed one logged out logged back in and the request for id was gone, really weired but I'm not complaining.
Haha, that is strange, I will keep an eye out for this. It must be to do with PP's automated system in the UK.

Old 04-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Guys from my previous experience before finding this helpful forum is they do not log passport numbers as of yet

But of course this is definatly going to link you to your old account. Go fresh with everything.
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
Guys from my previous experience before finding this helpful forum is they do not log passport numbers as of yet

But of course this is definatly going to link you to your old account. Go fresh with everything.
Nah, I don't personally think that they do log passport numbers...

...But if they don't log your passport number, why go fresh with a new one?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-19-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post

Hi. Have you faxed in the same pass port number as to confirm they dont log.

Handy to know for obvious reasons. Thanks

was also wondering if they dont log as you mentioned how would it link and also then why go with fresh as its more effort?

If I was a business making a few bucks, I would log passport numbers and drivers numbers as standard really. They are pretty much unique and its an easy way for them to find freudsters - and as the seller is sending in the docs anyway, it only takes seconds to enter the numbers into database.

Therefor I am almost certain they log the numbers - I hope you say otherwise coz it makes life easier!

Last edited by Alps_a somewhatlegend; 04-19-2011 at 12:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alps_a somewhatlegend For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (04-19-2011)
Old 04-19-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont think they log anything, im near sure they used to check the documents with a quick run over with there eyes to see if it all looks legit and then pass you on.

If they logged passport numbers and driving lic numbers why would they ask you to scan it through ? Do they really wana see what you look like lol

If they were keeping passport numbers etc i think they would just ask you for the numbers and then run it through a computer base or whatever but they dont ask for them.

Can anyone confirm what they do with the document after you have sent them in ? Im near sure one of pp's little soldiers told me they shred them.
Old 04-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post

The pp account is only a week and a few days old, it has 1 address and 1 bank account confirmed and 1 entro card on it, im actually waiting for them to take money outa my entro card so i can then confirm that with them aswell.

Im gonna give them a phone now and ask them a few questions about lifting the limit.
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
If they logged passport numbers and driving lic numbers why would they ask you to scan it through ? Do they really wana see what you look like lol
Don't understand this

Even if it is scanned, they could read the passport number and log it. It is a unique piece of information that they could use for if you sent the same passport in for another PP account.

I am not saying they do this, I am saying it is possible.

If you have ID such as a passport, if it is real, then it is a legal document that proves who you are.

Why does it have to have anything to do with PP wanting to know what you look like. It is for the purpose of knowing you are a real person and the person running the PP account.

Quote:
If they were keeping passport numbers etc i think they would just ask you for the numbers and then run it through a computer base or whatever but they dont ask for them.
They would need access to goverment databases for that and they don't.

What would stop them still taking a passport number down that has been used and just placing the passport number next to the account it was used to verify with.

So next time they received your ID or a different PP account, your limited account would pop up with the same passport number and they would link you.

Quote:
Can anyone confirm what they do with the document after you have sent them in ? Im near sure one of pp's little soldiers told me they shred them.
They could possibly keep them on file, if banks can do this, then maybe PP can?! Or perhaps they have to destroy them, I do not know this either.

They will certainly not share them.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2011

i think the simple answer is your passport and drivers license has a unique number has nothing to do with picture as we all change over time, and it is valid for 10 years minimun, unless you loose, renew, or you move home update your details, and that is enough time for them to keep you from ebay/paypal, if i am not mistaken your passport does not have your address on it
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsut View Post
i think the simple answer is your passport and drivers license has a unique number has nothing to do with picture as we all change over time, and it is valid for 10 years minimun, unless you loose, renew, or you move home update your details, and that is enough time for them to keep you from ebay/paypal, if i am not mistaken your passport does not have your address on it
I can't read what you put to be honest.

If you are saying they won't keep your passport number because we can change our passport number, what does that even mean?

They keep other info such as phone numbers, names, addresses...so why can they not keep your passport number.

What has aging go to do with anything as well?

Old 04-19-2011

when you apply for a passport your passport gets a number, no personal info is on there bar your name, it is only relevant to customs etc in out counrty, no matter how powerful paypal/ebay may be they will not share the info, when you apply for a new passport you get a new passport number making all that info new

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
I can't read what you put to be honest.

If you are saying they won't keep your passport number because we can change our passport number, what does that even mean?

They keep other info such as phone numbers, names, addresses...so why can they not keep your passport number.

What has aging go to do with anything as well?

Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
when you apply for a passport your passport gets a number, no personal info is on there bar your name, it is only relevant to customs etc in out counrty, no matter how powerful paypal/ebay may be they will not share the info, when you apply for a new passport you get a new passport number making all that info new
You are completely missing my point.

Do PP keep your phone number? Your address? Your name? Your DOB? Answer...YES!

A passport number is more unique than them I just mentioned, it is unique to YOU only, yes you can get a new passport number but that is also unique to YOU only!!

People are not going to get a new passport everytime they get limited on PP to get a new passport number.

So if you get limited and try to open a new PP, are you going to use the same phone number? Same address? Same name? Same DOB? Answer...NO! So why use the same paspport number?

The theory is that when you give them your passport, they take the unique piece of information (passport number) and place it with your other account information. Then if you got suspended, opened a new PP account and sent in the same passport for ID. They would type in the passport number and BAM..up pops your old suspended account

Name me another single piece of your personal information they could do that with ^^??????

^^^I am not saying that PP do keep your passport number to link you to your other limited accounts, but it would be a god damn good idea! So what is stoping them.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-19-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2011

Your not going to change it that is why they ask for it, you can open up many bank accounts but how many times can you change your passport no. think about it!!!!

Quote:

A passport number is more unique than them I just mentioned, it is unique to YOU only, yes you can get a new passport number but that is also unique to YOU only!!

People are not going to get a new passport everytime they get limited on PP to get a new passport number.

So if you get limited and try to open a new PP, are you going to use the same phone number? Same address? Same name? Same DOB? Answer...NO! So why use the same paspport number?

The theory is that when you give them your passport, they take the unique piece of information (passport number) and place it with your other account information. Then if you got suspended, opened a new PP account and sent in the same passport for ID. They would type in the passport number and BAM..up pops your old suspended account

Name me another single piece of your personal information they could do that with ^^??????

^^^I am not saying that PP do keep your passport number to link you to your other limited accounts, but it would be a god damn good idea! So what is stoping them.

Old 04-19-2011

if they are logging passport no. and they then run them from the database to match to a name they will get you every time, i have sent my details in about 6-7 times the first 4-5 successful because it was a person verifying it by faxed details from then on the faxed details always linked me to a banned account it my real name and the only same detail i gave paypal was my passport number

Quote:

Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsut View Post
Your not going to change it that is why they ask for it, you can open up many bank accounts but how many times can you change your passport no. think about it!!!!
Ahh so you are understanding what I am saying

I thought you wasn't.

You made me write up a big post and you was on my side

:D