pay pal 21 day problem... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 09-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default pay pal 21 day problem...

just to tell ya'll about my feebay/pa yp al accounts--been running now for a year and half with no problems so far, selling non-vero items mainly under £100, no more than 10 items a week.

well, it had to happen...i listed 2 items, approx £200 and £ 150, both sold...so this happy little dwarf went to withdraw it and p ayp al says theyre gonna hold the money for 21 days!

to complicate matters, one of the items sold overseas, and when i took it to the PO to ship it, i almost, nay, DID fall over at the price quoted...£50!!
ok, so im at fault at not finding out how much overseas shipping would cost for an item of 2.5Kg......anyway, so what ive done is refunded that person in full, and told him the truth. if he really wants the item, he can buy it again and pay £50 shpping.

only way round this 21 thing is to run several accounts i think...i have 2 or 3 accounts set up, but all are stuck at the fax your ID stages!
stealth ID card makers abound, but when youre trying to bring up 3 kids and a wife, its not easy paying upwards of £50 per account for stealth ID....:(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2011

Longevity: 73%

same problem

my solution:

normal checkout = hold >> refund seller >> email them to ask to resend as a gift >> win
Old 09-13-2011

buy the book. good info on that.

50 is steep. i would just message the buyer and ask him to maybe send you the 50 so he can recieve parcel maybe email proof. but refund should be fine. need to get round this 21day hold.
Old 09-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadin View Post
just to tell ya'll about my feebay/pa yp al accounts--been running now for a year and half with no problems so far, selling non-vero items mainly under £100, no more than 10 items a week.

well, it had to happen...i listed 2 items, approx £200 and £ 150, both sold...so this happy little dwarf went to withdraw it and p ayp al says theyre gonna hold the money for 21 days!

to complicate matters, one of the items sold overseas, and when i took it to the PO to ship it, i almost, nay, DID fall over at the price quoted...£50!!
ok, so im at fault at not finding out how much overseas shipping would cost for an item of 2.5Kg......anyway, so what ive done is refunded that person in full, and told him the truth. if he really wants the item, he can buy it again and pay £50 shpping.

only way round this 21 thing is to run several accounts i think...i have 2 or 3 accounts set up, but all are stuck at the fax your ID stages!
stealth ID card makers abound, but when youre trying to bring up 3 kids and a wife, its not easy paying upwards of £50 per account for stealth ID....:(
Sorry to hear about your issue. Several people have asked this before and little can be done. I´m curious though, did pp emailed stating that you have a 21 day hold IN THE EXACT MOMENT you tried to withdraw or after some hours? I ask this because i have a pp withdraw to bank as pending since 8.55 morning (morning here where i am) and hoping to be completed soon. There is a probability that they still hold my fund or only when it says completed we "are free to go"?
Old 09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by clife View Post
Sorry to hear about your issue. Several people have asked this before and little can be done. I´m curious though, did pp emailed stating that you have a 21 day hold IN THE EXACT MOMENT you tried to withdraw or after some hours? I ask this because i have a pp withdraw to bank as pending since 8.55 morning (morning here where i am) and hoping to be completed soon. There is a probability that they still hold my fund or only when it says completed we "are free to go"?
only on completed mate. i had a pending then paypal just took ever reversed it and held my money. hope it dont happen to you.

GOODLUCK!
The Following User Says Thank You to toplevelseller For This Useful Post:
clife (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011

Longevity: 75%

Thanks for the info and the wishes. Appreciated.
Old 09-13-2011

No problem.
Old 09-13-2011
Threadstarter  

yes...this is a very common prob....im only posting it for information, thats all...i realise its been done & drawn before...!

no, my 21 day hold did not occur when i tried to withdraw actually...soon as i logged onto paypal, it was there anyway.
as i mentioned, i refunded one purchase in full, so thats gone from the 21 day hold..only 1 purchase left, which im happy to ship...its not too large an amount for paypull to hold...besides, soon as they see ive shipped it, they shud release the funds within 24hrs...hopefully

overall....i dunno how to beat this game...ebay/paypal i mean....i got my own websites, im with several big names on the auction market, but feebay is the only site that gives me consistent sales....if it wasnt down to these little niggly problems, i could make a decent living on it...like i used to before...when i knew nothing about vero, stealth, 21 day limits, etc etc...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clife View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to gungadin For This Useful Post:
clife (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011
Threadstarter  

yes, thats a good idea.
the buyer could do a direct bank transfer to my bank as well.
only thing is, he's based in europe, so a bank transfer payment may attract a fee from my bank, which would mean that my bank could charge me say £25 for receiving the transfer...not sure about that.
if tahts the case, then a bank transfer negates the whole damn deal!
on the other hand, a uk buyer would be excellent..no probs with bank to bank transfers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplevelseller View Post
buy the book. good info on that.

50 is steep. i would just message the buyer and ask him to maybe send you the 50 so he can recieve parcel maybe email proof. but refund should be fine. need to get round this 21day hold.
Old 09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungadin View Post
yes...this is a very common prob....im only posting it for information, thats all...i realise its been done & drawn before...!

no, my 21 day hold did not occur when i tried to withdraw actually...soon as i logged onto paypal, it was there anyway.
as i mentioned, i refunded one purchase in full, so thats gone from the 21 day hold..only 1 purchase left, which im happy to ship...its not too large an amount for paypull to hold...besides, soon as they see ive shipped it, they shud release the funds within 24hrs...hopefully

overall....i dunno how to beat this game...ebay/paypal i mean....i got my own websites, im with several big names on the auction market, but feebay is the only site that gives me consistent sales....if it wasnt down to these little niggly problems, i could make a decent living on it...like i used to before...when i knew nothing about vero, stealth, 21 day limits, etc etc...!

If your not making a living from a website then there is something wrong, it needs more work.

Also can you not split this package in to two ? so it is less than 2kg each and send that way, should be about £20.00 internationally signed for.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif