How do I fax documents to Paypal? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

how long ago?

these things work them selves out normally
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

funny thing is I know someone here whose own actual docs did not work! they did not like the account obviously...no it does not work every time unfortunately. think of it this way, if you get 50% success, the ones that pass, you can turn them in to really solid accs....
GTB (11-06-2011)
Old 11-06-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
funny thing is I know someone here whose own actual docs did not work! they did not like the account obviously...no it does not work every time unfortunately. think of it this way, if you get 50% success, the ones that pass, you can turn them in to really solid accs....
Same here. I know someone who sent in real docs (after failing the confirm information) even though they've lived at the house for 7 years.

I think the actual docs aren't the issue. Obviously if you send in something that looks like a 3 year old has been playing with they'll refuse but it goes beyond the documents. Do they have a quick look what your selling? Manually risk assess it? Have you got a "proper" bank issued credit card linked rather than a VCC?

Back in the old days, I was sending in "capital one statements" for entropay cards to lift limitations. Doubt that would work now!
Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

I am sooo glad most of my accs are old skool verified ..via address or phone pin. I would not dare say they are untouchable, but they give you what ebay selling is supposed to be about......

you are spot on mevebay...about the card...selling activity and one more thing the address, there are alot of things that can go wrong with that can of worms..if you think about it...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-06-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Great, well thats filled me with hope... well, its now over 48 hours since I uploaded the documents and still no response, well on paypal it says the documents are still being processed, so I guess nobody is there in that department on a weekend and its maybe not even gonna get looked at until sometime tomorrow, by which time my docs will probably be at the bottom of a pile of other docs that people have uploaded over the weekend. What a farce!

Its just another example of paypal messing us about. Quite recently I have been trying to transfer money to my bank account using the so-called 'fast transfer' system where they charge you £5 to get you own money in 1-2 working days. I have transferred the money on Monday morning and not received it in my bank account until about midday on Friday - so more like 4-5 working days...!

And they have still had the cheek to charge me the £5! Thing is if I hadnt paid the £5 then I would have been waiting until the following Tuesday to get my money, which would have been well over a week, even though they claim it would be 2-3 working days, Bollocks!
Old 11-06-2011

alot depends on your bank

some banks it will be there quicker than others

1-2 days though you expect it to be there when it is supposed to be

relax about the docs,they will get processed
Old 11-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh my god, even as I was just typing my last message in this thread I have had a reply from paypal, so obviously they do have people working on a weekend, the reply from them i am pasting below:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear **************

Thank you for responding to our requests to further verify your customer
information. As we cannot lift the EU-Receiving Limit on your PayPal
account until all requirements have been met, we would appreciate your help
with completing the steps below, so that we can review your account further.

> Proof of address <

The address on your document does not match the address registered to your
PayPal account.

Note: The address on the document you provide needs to be a word for word
match of the address registered on your PayPal account.

To update or view the postal address registered on your PayPal account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
3. Click on "Update" beside "Address".
4. Click "Edit" under the address you want to update, or to add a new
address click "Add address".
5. Update your information and click "Save".

Alternatively we can accept new documentation which proves you live at the
address currently registered.

In case you update the address on your PayPal account, please send us an
email to complianceverifications@paypal.co.uk so we can review your PayPal
account again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the address on the document I uploaded them is identical to the address I have saved with paypal, the only difference is that my first name is just an initial on the utility bill, could this be the reason they have rejected it? Also what are they saying above? That I can go to the paypal website and edit my profile to match the details on the utility bill - i.e, change my first name just to the initial?

Or should I upload a copy of another utility bill that has my full name on it? I cant believe this! I mean the name / address on the driving licence I sent them is the same as the name and address on the utility bill so what are they crying about? Are they really this pedantic? Please can someone advise me as I dont know what to do next, I dont want to lose this good account over a simple mistake as in just because of my utility bill showing an initial for my first name..... FFS!
Old 11-06-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB View Post
how long ago?

these things work them selves out normally
It was nearly two weeks ago.. They said everything was reviewed succesfully etc but the sending limit is still in place... I think i'll leave it for another week or so and then start asking paypal about it...
Old 11-06-2011

ok mate

keep us posted
Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

hold your horses - it did not actually say rejected , are you sure they got it? you faxed it so highly likely they missed it, reply to email and attach it, they may look at it or may just send you generic email asking for you to upload or re-fax it. They accept stuff with just initial as long as that is correct format for that type of bill.
Old 11-06-2011
Threadstarter  

I didnt fax my docs in? Are you talking to someone else oompaloompa? I have just uploaded another utility bill with my details exactly as they appear on the paypal website, but the details on the last bill i uploaded were hardly any different... I guess I will have to wait another 48 hours...

FFS! This is ridiculous, I have just got my monthly ebay fees invoice and I owe over £25 in fees which are due in just over a weeks time plus i need to make some money to live off! I am having to feed my cats on tins of tuna I bought for myself as their cat food has run out, and I have got no food for myself other than some toast and marmalade.... I feel like paddington bear!
Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

jeez way to make me feel bad while I sip champagne and eat lobster...

oh thought you said stuff about faxing earlier.

it is not about the initial, and they did not put rejected, they just simply asked for it, which leads me to think they cannot see it for some reason. I would upload same thing again but ok you uploaded a different one, lets hope it is ok, and stop fretting on the timing, this is not a long time to have waited so far...
Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

I agree with oompa on this one. If they can't see the whole document and photo ID, they will request it again.

I've had this happen once- the driving license scan was "missing" a couple of mm from one corner. I re-scanned it and it got accepted.

Was the original scan completely legible?

Good luck to you (and the cat).

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 11-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2011

LOL oomps is mean muah

i prefer strawberry jam on my toast like

i think you will be fine lad

never know though so fingers crossed
Old 11-06-2011
Threadstarter  

I dont understand how they couldnt see the whole document, I scanned it in, saved as a JPEG and uploaded them the document, they have obviously got my driving licence and they havent said there is a problem with that, from the message they sent me they seem to be saying that my registered paypal address doesnt match the address on the utility bill i uploaded, but it does apart from my first name been an initial, anyway I have uploaded them another bill where my name appears in full with the same address. I just got to hope it works. Its really messing my routine up, normally today I would have launched a lot of auctions but cos i can only earn £40 before I reach the £1900 limit I could hardly launch another £300 worth of sales only to find that I wouldnt be able to accept the payments which could have resulted in me getting negative feedback etc. What a total carry on eh? When are they going to stop putting us through this nonsense!
Old 11-06-2011

never
Old 11-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

your full name is not on the utility - well some utilities do not put full name, so that is really weird, they change their requirements by the hour. Are you sure the address matches exactly, forget the initial but everything else?
Old 11-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

I am hoping it goes alright for you johnny. Looks like they are giving you the run-around. It could still be ok though.

Did you spend a long time on the "creative side" to make it perfect?
Old 11-07-2011

my psychic octopus predicts all be well

coz if they were gonna do you in,they probably would of done it already:fingerscrossedsign:
Old 11-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes I was very careful how I put the stealth documents together. I dont want to go into it, but I am very fluent with using Photoshop to create all kind of documents as its something I have done a lot in the past and I reckon my docs looked as good if not better than anyones.

Its been another 24 hours and still no reply since I uploaded another utility bill. WTF! Its been since Friday evening now that they have had me waiting. I've had a few more positive feedback on my ebay account, but I guess paypal dont take any notice of that, funny isnt it, cos when someone leave 1 negative they are very quick to start putting 21 day holds on every payment and suspended our accounts.

I really am at the end of my tether. I've now not got money even to pay my ebay fees that are due in a week, I've got no money to buy myself or my 2 cats food, no milk for a cuppa tea, no smokes - although thats probably a good thing.. plus someone is wanting a £15 refund as a pair of trainers he bought from me had a scratch on that he isnt happy about.... FFS!
Old 11-07-2011

Longevity: 80%

Why don't you ring them? Get through to the limitation team in Dublin and they'll review your docs there and then. Just tell them you've been waiting ages...they'll understand.

Alot of people say no to ring them, but I find ringing is good. Saves time. That way any questions they can put to you, rather than just hitting the close account button.

You seem desperate to get this sorted one way or the other, so ring them. You've nothing to lose now.
Old 11-07-2011
Threadstarter  

I didnt know I could ring them, also wouldnt they be able to tell which number I was calling them from? I wouldnt want them to start saying they would ring me back on my registered number as it only goes to answerphone since I started using mobile broadband for my internet connection...