How do I fax documents to Paypal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default How do I fax documents to Paypal?

Greetings

I'm trying to lift the £1900 paypal limit on my account as I cant earn any more money until its been lifted. I have tried to confirm the stealth personal info and as expected it failed, paypal are now wanting me to fax them my driving licence and a utility bill. I have prepared the documents and I have printed out a copy of the paypal fax cover sheet but I have never sent a fax before and I dont even know where to start.

Someone suggested using this 'Efax' website, which looks ok but it requires me to sign up for a 30 day free trial for which I have to give them my debit card details which I would rather not do. Does anyone know of any truly free websites that offer an internet fax service that I could use?

Please let me know ASAP as I really need to sort this out ASAP. I mean I dont know for sure even if when I fax them these 'stealth' documents that they will be satisfied and lift my selling limits. I certainly hope so as the alternative is that I will now lose my account which would be a shame as I have built up over 80 positive feedback and I havent got another account to use at the moment - I know! cardinal sin, I ought to already have multiple accounts...

Cheers!

Johnny

Old 11-03-2011

Longevity: 73%

did you try "send fax online free" in gugle?
i think you will find many servers that can help.
if it's possible, send a test fax to a known number say your friend's to make sure it works the way you want it to.
Old 11-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Oh yeah I have tried searching Google for free online fax services, its just a real minefield, I was hoping that many of the users of this forum had done it before so someone would know of a good one to use, I dont want to have to spend hours wading through different websites trying to find one that works. I need one that actually works as its too important to mess up. I might actually just take the copies of the documents I have made to my local post office and pay them to use their real fax machine. I dunno. Surely someone on here must have done this before....?
Old 11-03-2011

Longevity: 78%

You could just email complianceverifications@paypal.co.uk with the documents attached in a readable format?
Old 11-03-2011

to use a post-office service perhaps is the best alternative, at least it works 100%.
Old 11-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, well it says I can either upload the documents or fax them, obviously it would be easier for me to scan them then upload / email them, I dont know which is better, is it better to fax them as fax's tend to be lower quality and are black and white so they would hide any er... alterations.. ahem?!

I have searched this forum and I can find very little about this matter but surely its a process most people have to go through with 'Stealth' accounts....? Any ideas? Fax or Upload - what shall I do?

Last edited by johnnyleeds; 11-03-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: additional text added
Old 11-03-2011

if they look good and relible - upload
if they look poor - fax, perhaps it smooths things
Old 11-03-2011
Threadstarter  

Hmm, guess its back to the fax fiasco then, still havent found one that works, this Efax free 30 day trial looked good, but even when I tried to register with my own debit card / bank details its rejected my card saying the credit card number is invalid - which is nonsense as I used the card today to top up my mobile, now I am paranoid I have disclosed my card details to some bogus website who are now cloning my card and cleaning me out as we speak... What a F**king joke!

This is all paypals fault for been such TWATS over everything.. Tsk! Makes me puke the hoops they make us all jump through, I mean for gods sake, a £1900 limit PER YEAR! I know kids who get more pocket money than that - how on earth can they say that making over £1900 per year is money laundering?!?! Maybe if it was £1900 per week...

I dont know, it hardly makes you want to bother when on top of the difficulty of earning money they are making it harder almost for the sake of it - I mean I know people who cant even get their first LEGITIMATE paypal / ebay account due to the amount of requirements you need i.e, landline phone / bank account / debit card etc etc.

Then even if you do manage to get a legitimate account you are very likely to lose it for no good reason... Its a wonder anyone even bothers with ebay anymore. Anyway sorry for the rant, I have had enough of it for today, its late and I am wound up over the whole debarcle.
Old 11-04-2011

chill out, things will gradually be ok) nothing will happen with your ccard, just some errors. find a free anonimous online fax service or better use the post, good luck!
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

If you use efax sign up with a vcc as it is extremely difficult to close an efax account. The barstewards will try and charge the card whether you cancel the account or not.

I used a vcc with only £1 on it. Despite me cancelling the account on the phone AND sending emails to them they have tried to charge my vcc about five times now. Sooner or later they will get the message.

Your best bet is to just scan on a low resolution of 96dpi and then upload. So long as they don't look like they've been created by a five year old, you should be okay.

All the best.
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Default !

Ho ho! You are right about Efax there Ebayorbust! I tried to sign up for their 30 day trial which says you can send up to 150 faxes during your trial period, anyway I tried registering using my own bank account as my VCC card wouldnt work for some reason, anyway even my own visa debit card wouldnt work...

Today while I was doing my weekly shop in the supermarket I get a phone call from a foreign phone number, I think it was from Ireland? Anyway it was an Irish sounding guy from Efax phoning me to ask if I still wanted the Efax trial! Obviously I couldnt really start discussing it in the supermarket aisles so I asked him to phone me an hour later when I was at home.

He did, and I was amazed to hear that just for the 30 day trial period - when you enter your debit / credit card details that Efax try and take £1 from your account! WTF!!! Now I know on that account I only had about £0.78 and nowhere did they say that for the 30 day trial period would they be deducting ANY MONEY!!

Now I could be faced with at least 1 £10 bank charge for the £1 deduction being declined, which obviously it was as when I tried to register my card it was saying my card was invalid, which as I've explained is not the case as I had only just the same day used it to buy my mobile phone top up online as well.... Anyway I really hope they dont keep trying to charge my account otherwise I am going to end up owing £10 for everytime they attempt to deduct the £1 for the so-called free 30 day trial!

Thats why I didnt want to get into this crap over faxing, but its what someone on the forum recommended I do, and someone even recommended Efax to me in a private message on this forum. For the £1 I could have sent the fax from my local post office today and saved myself all the hassle.

I still havent got my documents faxed to Paypal and I desperately need to remove the £1900 limit as I need to make some quick money to pay my Ebay fees, plus I'm totally skint until I can start making some decent money again... Gods sake, what a mess!
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, I've done it.... I've uploaded my documents so lets hope it works, I cant believe how difficult it was to try send a fax. The laugh of it is that I actually have a really nice multi-function printer / scanner / copier / FAX machine! The trouble is I dont have a landline phone line that I need to be able to connect the fax line to so I cant use it, and I doubt there is any way I could have patched the landline socket to my VOIP phone on the laptop to try send a fax that way.

I'm pretty on edge now wondering if they will accept my documents. Does anyone know how long it might take? I mean it probably wont help that I've left it until this time of day - i.e, just after 5pm on a Friday evening, I could be waiting until sometime on Monday now until they even start dealing with it.... I dont know, more stress! I could be earning money instead of having to prat about cos of this bollocks! Ho hum...
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

I normally get a response within 36 hours. I have read on here that it can take longer but I personally have never experienced this kind of delay.

Let us know how it goes.
Old 11-04-2011

Longevity: 80%

I've uploaded at midnight and limits lifted within 15 minutes.

Other times it's taken 2 days.
Old 11-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

yeah i had them done within 12 hours before

then it took a few days with another

just depends
Old 11-04-2011

Longevity: 72%

please update us mate, i will be doing the exact same thing soon
thanks
Old 11-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Well, its been over 24 hours now since I uploaded them, I havent had any response from paypal and when I log in to paypal it says they are in the process of checking the documents I have uploaded. I am a bit paranoid that cos they havent replied they are maybe suspicious and maybe I'm gonna get some email either telling me I am banned or that they want more documents sent as a better quality scan or something. Then again it might just be because its the weekend and there is nobody in the office to check my documents until Monday....? Any ideas? I will let you all know what happens, fingers crossed its just taking a while cos I uploaded the documents after 5pm on a Friday evening... I hope...
Old 11-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

give it a couple more days,

as for fax - they often do not receive them and you need to re-fax. alot of free online faxes eg pamfax
Old 11-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Well, its been over 24 hours now since I uploaded them, I havent had any response from paypal and when I log in to paypal it says they are in the process of checking the documents I have uploaded. I am a bit paranoid that cos they havent replied they are maybe suspicious and maybe I'm gonna get some email either telling me I am banned or that they want more documents sent as a better quality scan or something. Then again it might just be because its the weekend and there is nobody in the office to check my documents until Monday....? Any ideas? I will let you all know what happens, fingers crossed its just taking a while cos I uploaded the documents after 5pm on a Friday evening... I hope...
R.E.L.A.X man

24 hours is nowt
Old 11-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Yes, I guess I will just have to wait... Its just I have had mixed responses from people on this forum about this. Some people say it works everytime, others have said its never worked for them... I'm just cakking myself that it wont work, I cant bear the thought of having to create a new account from scratch again...
Old 11-05-2011

who said it works everytime???

thats complete bull

were they genuine docs with your genuine info?
Old 11-05-2011

Longevity: 74%

I recently sent in some docs, and they emailed me saying review is complete, but the £1900 limit is still there :/ hmmm