Anyone get their account 'Un Limited'? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 06-05-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Anyone get their account 'Un Limited'?

Paypal just limited my account ( and on my paypal page it states that i cannot appeal ) as apparently i have broken some user agreement rule and are holding my funds, which is 5 figures currently, for 180 days. This came totally out of the blue and i have absolutely no idea why it has happened, didnt even receive an email from them. Called them this morning to ask why and they said it was routine and give them 3 working days to look into my account and see why this has happened. They gave zero away on the phone as said it was normal practice
You would think a company like this wouldnt need to close peoples accounts just to have a look through them
Nothing different happening to my account that has been over the past 4 years.
Not nice when you need paypal to run your business, have a house and 2 kids to look after.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Does happen.

But you must have had some troubles............ buyer disputes ,chargebacks.

Think more carefully. There will be something you can not yet understand.

If you use ebay too, is that ebay in good standing?

Right at the moment the info is too sketch to gve workable advice.
CS111 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Like your quote, Man was a legend! Lets hope Rodgers does even half the job he did ! Rodgers doesnt live far from me

BAck to the paypal problem
EBay account is in great standing, TRS, 40,000 feedback 99.8% etc etc
2 chargebacks recently out of thousands of transactions, shouldnt be a problem ?
Only other thing which i was thinking was i sent paypal gifts to my mum and grandmother of £5,000 each as they are buying their home together a few weeks ago, again dont see why this should be a problem?
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. While pp is difficult to deal with once you are limited/banned, you should get stealth accounts going asap.

/quote

Not nice when you need paypal to run your business, have a house and 2 kids to look after.

I would look into finding alternatives to pp to base a business upon...
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS111 View Post
Like your quote, Man was a legend! Lets hope Rodgers does even half the job he did ! Rodgers doesnt live far from me

BAck to the paypal problem
EBay account is in great standing, TRS, 40,000 feedback 99.8% etc etc
2 chargebacks recently out of thousands of transactions, shouldnt be a problem ?
Only other thing which i was thinking was i sent paypal gifts to my mum and grandmother of £5,000 each as they are buying their home together a few weeks ago, again dont see why this should be a problem?

That combination of activity might not go down well with paypal.

Your conduct previously has little to no bearing on their limiting you.
Nasty fact.
Old 06-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Im not sure exactly what would be wrong with doing that, its a simple gift to my mum and grandmother, nothing more.
What could they find wrong with that, i wonder how these 'bigtime' sellers who are turning over 1,000,000 + per year survive if you cant withdraw 10k here or there.
Is there anything that i should look out for on the message to say whether or not i can get the acount back on track or not ?

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

•4 Jun 2012: We identified activity on your PayPal account that violates the terms of our User Agreement. As a result, you'll no longer be able to use your account.

As stated in our User Agreement, we may hold the funds in your account for up to 180 days in case any actions, like chargebacks or buyer complaints, are filed against you. If you still have an account balance after 180 days, we'll email you to let you know how to receive your funds.
If you want to request refunds for your buyers, you can email complianceverifications@paypal.co.uk with the date, amount and buyer's name for each transaction. We'll review your refund requests on a case-by-case basis, but we can't guarantee that a refund will be granted.

(Your case ID for this reason is **********.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This limitation cannot be appealed against.
Old 06-05-2012

Longevity: 75%

Appears to be happening more and more with bigger sellers. The size of your account and your business is no guarantee of anything.

They say you have breached one of their policies. That often means it could be something you have been selling. Obviously I don't know what you sell and I wouldn't ask on an open forum but my immediate reaction is that something you are selling, which is fine on Ebay, is not liked by Paypal.

Paypal protects itself from actions by possibly aggrieved parties by limiting what can be processed through its system - as an example it doesn't like copyrighted articles, prescription drugs, adult material so an and so forth.

Without knowing more specifics I cannot comment further.

Old 06-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi, i dont mind on here, its mobile phone accessories, nothing branded or the likes
just plain old phone accessories, and have been for 3-4 years without problem
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the risky things I can see is the £5000 x2 gifts and possibly volume coming in and the chargebacks, but those last things as you say are not unusual, particularly given the amount of transactions you do, to be expected.

People get a shock when this happens, I think you may get your account back, if you keep at it, but prepare for it not happening, and make a new unlinked account, read up before doing so, and do not put your whole income in their hands again, diversify....

there is no magic advice here to help you get account back, as it is in their terms and conditions to be able to shut you down....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 06-05-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2012

Oompah says it all really C111 - All you can do is try and then make provisions for if you fail.

Personally I cannot see why you have been limited apart from the two gifts which are always a red flag. If you get your account back don't do it again
Old 06-05-2012
Threadstarter  

Another phone call and i got speaking to a different person. They said the compliancy team was looking at the account and to give them 3 working days, they couldnt pass me to anyone ot tell me anything more as to why it has been limited. Just said not to close the ebay account until they get back to me and basically its in the hands of the compliancy team. Still not sure why they need to close an account to 'look' at it, cant they look at it while its up and running, check the history, in's and out's etc
Nothing is happening in the account that doesnt normally happen from day to day.
Very Very Very strange way of running a business to work this way and not even get in touch with people to warn them that they dont like what you are doing or change something / dont do it again. etc, ie a warning system
Old 06-05-2012

That's why this forum exists - because Paypal and Ebay abuse people
Old 06-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS111 View Post
Another phone call and i got speaking to a different person. They said the compliancy team was looking at the account and to give them 3 working days, they couldnt pass me to anyone ot tell me anything more as to why it has been limited. Just said not to close the ebay account until they get back to me and basically its in the hands of the compliancy team. Still not sure why they need to close an account to 'look' at it, cant they look at it while its up and running, check the history, in's and out's etc
Nothing is happening in the account that doesnt normally happen from day to day.
Very Very Very strange way of running a business to work this way and not even get in touch with people to warn them that they dont like what you are doing or change something / dont do it again. etc, ie a warning system
Somehow someone has got a 'snitch' & you are on the receiving end.

Maintain a 'cool' attitude towards them. If you have not done so, start getting the names of the staff you speak to.....

Not all doors are closed yet