What happened to the Paypal Fast Withdrawal to Bank function? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 09-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default What happened to the Paypal Fast Withdrawal to Bank function?

Hi Folks

I'm in absolute despair again cos of Ebay / Paypal. I havent drawn any money out of my Paypal account for a few weeks as I'd not sold anything. anyway I sold some items over the weekend and I was counting on getting the money in my bank account tomorrow (Monday) which I've been able to do if I withdrew it on a Sunday and I chose the fast transfer option - yes I had to pay £5 which is a bit of a con.

but I;d rather pay £5 and have my money in under 24 hours than not pay £5 and not have any money for up to a week, which is what happens when I choose the ordinary transfer to bank account method.

Anyway I've gone into my Paypal account and for some reason I cant find the Fast Transfer to Bank Account option, I;ve tried clicking on the withdraw button, and the Transfer to account button and neither are bringing up the fast transfer option.

I'm so sick of this crap! It had got bearable as the fast transfer thing was letting me get my money in my account within 24 hours, now it looks like its back to the 5 working days, plus the weekend, so if I transfer using the slow route I'll be lucky to see my money by next Monday - i.e, a full week! FFS!

Any ideas anyone?

ta

Johnny

Old 09-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Withdrawals usually go in within a couple of hours for free now.
Old 09-30-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info Imakemoney, when did this happen? Must have been in the last 2 weeks cos I was still paying the £5 fast transfer fee a few weeks ago.

Do you know how long it will take on a Sunday night tho? I just got a email from Paypal saying then are reviewing my withdrawal request which could take up to 24 hours after which they will release the funds and it can take another 2 hours for funds to go in my bank.

Its already been 40 mins since I started the transfer. I really hope it has gone in by the morning otherwise I might as well have not bothered.
Old 09-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Yeah PayPal have implemented that on some of my accounts also. Its the 24 hours + the 2-4 hour withdrawal time from my experience.
Old 09-30-2012
Threadstarter  

So I probably wont see my money until sometime on Tuesday then, What a joke.

I'd rather have paid the £5 and had some money in the morning rather than this.

What happened to bank transfers supposedly getting faster?!?! Only Paypal could make something get slower...
Old 09-30-2012

Longevity: 71%

Same with me made a withdrawal on Friday night abd there was something about a review.

There it was on Saturday morning so Johnnyleeds you should get you funds on monday.
Old 09-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
So I probably wont see my money until sometime on Tuesday then, What a joke.

I'd rather have paid the £5 and had some money in the morning rather than this.

What happened to bank transfers supposedly getting faster?!?! Only Paypal could make something get slower...
Stop being such a ninny.

The new methods should see the funds there within 8 hours.

Next time you panic, do a search of the forum. IF you had you would have seen all of the new changes.
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Why thanks Greenbean, so according to you, I'll definetely have my money in my account in 8 hours? Well its now 14:45 on Monday afternoon and it NOT THERE! Infact the transfer to my bank account on Paypal is still PENDING! So they've not even released it yet! WTF is that supposed to mean? So now before we can get any payments out of Paypal we have to have our entire account scrutinized by some Paypal bod?

Apologies for being such a NINNY, I mean why should I get upset about the fact that I've been screwed over by Paypal again? Under the old system the money I transferred would have been there this morning, now I'm left with ZERO money and no idea of when I might get it. I've not had any money since last Wednesday, I've got no food in the house except salt / pepper, so excuse me for getting in a flap!

So when anyone else comes along asking when they will see money in their account please dont tell them 8 hours because thats not correct. Of course, they'll search the whole forum and hopefully find my message (if you havent deleted it) and realise that Paypal isnt the loving / giving company that certain members of this forum have started saying they are!
Old 10-01-2012

Longevity: 80%

You don't need to be like that Johnny!

OK you have no money for food, and please don't take this the wrong way, but if things are that bad then I'd suggest relying on eBay/PayPal isn't the way to go.

I'd hardly saying PayPal are screwing you over. In fact, if your that short of money, not having to pay £5 for the transfer should help you more.

I run multiple accounts, and now all of them are on the faster payments withdrawal.

Some transfers take 2 minutes to hit the bank, and others have taken 25 hours.

I haven't had an account limited yet whilst waiting for a deposit, but I imagine that'll be a typical time in the future when paypal will limit an account.

So I wouldn't want to be sat on the laptop waiting to see if I'm going to get money to eat or be limited.

Perhaps try getting a part time job so you can use eBay & PayPal as extra rather than everything. You'll have 2 incomes then.
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Ok meVebay, thanks for the info, and Greenbean please accept my apologies for coming in here and shouting and screaming, but I thought all this frustration with Paypal was over (as if!).

I'd got used to it operating a certain way and when I seen that it had changed and as a result it left me skint I lost it.

I know I oughtnt' rely on Ebay / Paypal, its not my only income, but it is the only money I have coming in this week. Its largely because I'd had a break in selling for a couple of weeks that I ended up in this situation, then when I needed some money I saw that the withdrawal to bank account system had changed.

Probably will be for the better in future cos all those £5 fees I paid probably add up to hundreds...
Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

So when anyone else comes along asking when they will see money in their account please dont tell them 8 hours because thats not correct. Of course, they'll search the whole forum and hopefully find my message (if you havent deleted it) and realise that Paypal isnt the loving / giving company that certain members of this forum have started saying they are!
Sorry you dont like humour.
You make such MOUNTAINS out of everything. I understand that

Paypal changed the game.

You, as a long standing user of paypal having faced its problems before should know that the one constant of paypal is it is not constant.

I can hardly recall a post where you have not moaned over paypal...true?
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

isnt this the 'moan about Paypal UK' forum though?
Old 10-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
isnt this the 'moan about Paypal UK' forum though?
Heck no.

We're converting them to We love paypal.

excuse me I'm going to go throw up now

Elijah (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Gawd, half past 4 in the afternoon and still pending... I've started to drown my sorrows by drinking some whisky that a guy from Kuwait wanted removing from a 40 year old bottle of scotch that he just wanted the bottle from and listening to my New Model Army records, I must be desperate...
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Quarter past 8 at night, withdrawal to my bank is still pending...
Old 10-01-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

some of my accounts can still say pending for upto 4 working days, others goes through in a couple of hours, it will go in eventually however.
Old 10-01-2012

Longevity: 70%

I find that it generally goes based on what timeframe the email gives you, not the message during/after withdrawal... there have been times where it says 72 hours and that is exactly how long it took. So I wouldn't expect anything until past 10 (24 hours since you initiated the withdrawal request).

I even had a withdrawal where no mention of a security review was made, and I thought "great". But it wasn't time to celebrate as the email that followed said that it had been selected for 24 hour review. A phone call to PayPal revealed that it is a known problem that they are currently trying to resolve... the message giving you the wrong timeframe and then the email giving you the correct one. Bah
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
johnnyleeds (10-01-2012)
Old 10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiscossie View Post
some of my accounts can still say pending for upto 4 working days, others goes through in a couple of hours, it will go in eventually however.

Don't tell him that...24 hours is already too long
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Well its now been over 24 hours, the email they sent me said:

------------------------------------------------------
For security reasons, we are reviewing your withdrawal request, which could take up to 24 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take up to an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

As set out in our User Agreement, withdrawal requests may be subject to review by PayPal to help maintain your safe use of the PayPal service. As a result, it may take longer than the estimated processing time for your withdrawal to reach your bank account.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal
--------------------------------------------------------------------

So they are saying their review could take UP TO 24 HOURS - yet now its over 24 hours and the withdrawal is still pending...! I have been able to pay for the postage for my items, but I cant get my hands on the money I have been paid.

It wouldnt be so bad if you could use Paypal as a payment method with Asda / Tesco etc but as far as I know the only food outlet that lets you pay by Paypal is Dominoes Pizzas! And I cant afford to pay their prices, plus I need a bit more than fast food to eat.

What a joke! So now I'm back to waiting a full week by the looks of it. I'll keep you all updated, but in the meantime I wouldnt go telling people they'll have their payment in 30 minutes / 2 hours / 8 hours or even 24 hours as its clearly not true.

I know I already said it, but again I just cant believe that Paypal are allowed to operate in this way. We have to jump through dozens of hoops to abide by their regulations, yet they are still running a business - a financial business at that where we're at the mercy of their random delays and holds on our own money.

I dont know how anyone can run a business according to this, what if I'd desperately needed this money today to buy stock / pay creditors etc otherwise my business would have gone under? Well it would have gone under wouldnt it?! Unbelievable.

Last edited by johnnyleeds; 10-01-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2012
Threadstarter  

Well I dont know what to say. My withdrawal has gone into my bank account now, just over 24 hours later, so thanks Elijah above, your advice may have been correct. It wasnt exactly 24 hours though, but it was within 1 hour of 24 hours having passed.

However I also dont know if it was due to me complaining to Paypal about it. I'm a little bit shocked at myself for doing that as I've always believed that its best to grin and bear it rather than start asking the Paypal staff to look into anything to do with my account.

It appears within 7 minutes of me replying to the email they sent me after my original email to them regarding the delay that the withdrawal appeared in my bank account. However that might be a coincidence that it was also just over 24 hours since the withdrawal was made...? I dont know, know I'm paranoid that I've upset the Paypal customer service staff and that they'll now tear apart my account looking for inconsistencies! I mean I didnt start F'ing and blinding at them or owt, I just asked why it was taking over the 24 hours they said it would take...

Actually I discovered the withdrawal had cleared in my bank account by checking my internet bank account balance online, mysteriously on Paypal it was still saying 'pending'!?!? It says completed now, but a few minutes after I saw it was in my bank account I received an email from Paypal saying funds will take up to 2 hours to appear in my bank account. Gladly I didnt have to wait a furthur 2 hours as it was there already.

So panic over (for me I mean!). I've just got back from the 24 hour garage and cash machine and I'm happily munching on apple pie cookies and chugging down a pint of milk cos I was so hungry. Apologies if it seemed like I was having a go at folk on the forum, I wasnt, I was just frustrated (as usual!) with Paypal. So anyone else reading this who is wondering when they too might get their cleared payments there are several answers. If you're lucky you could have you;re money in less than 30 minutes. You might have it within 4 hours, or 8 hours, or you could even (like me) be waiting just over 24 hours. Who knows, maybe some really unfortunate folk will have to wait 4 working days, even longer. You have my utmost sympathy if you do!

Johnny
Old 10-02-2012

And some are waiting 180 days. So 24 hours seems pretty good.
Old 10-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

I want the Scotch.