Paypal Limitation - supplier details / business model - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Paypal Limitation - supplier details / business model

I've been asked by paypal to send suppliers details and business model details and they have limited my account, they won't let me withdrawal anything or send money but told me i should keep taking sales and putting money into it.

i take £1000 a day and after 3 days i stopped taking sales as they said i could take 14 days to review the limitation, 14 days have gone and passed and i'm still limited, they said they have escalated to "Merchant Risk Operations Team" for urgent review and should here within 48 hours, still nothing and 48hours have gone.

Is the anything i can do?
is this normal?
should i worry? i've had a paypal account and no problems for 4 years now
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum

Sadly the fact you had a paypal account for 4 years means little right at this moment since paypal has limited this account.

Answering your questions, in no special order, yes this is most normal for paypal.
Yes, I would have concerns about paypal deciding to keep my account limited.

Reading between the lines, I gather this is a new paypal account which you hoped to use for business transactions? Are they all ebay related or off ebay as well?

You must provide the required info in full details to paypal. You have to prove to them you are suitable to use their services. (Contradiction given paypal is the opponent).

Consider phoning them,& ask for a supervisor/manager. Be prepared to get the run around. Other options may be needed later
Old 11-08-2012
Threadstarter  

Thankyou for the warm welcome

i was just using it for ebay for sales, but 2 months ago added a website to it as well and increased my item i was selling on ebay, i provided suppliers details and contacted them and they said paypal have not contacted them yet, do the contact them?

Also the day i got limited i got £500 off paypal refunded because i used the £5 fast withdrawl system they did have in place, and got this fee back dated from january, not sure the a link there?

do you think i'm going to lose my paypal account?
and that mean lose ebay account?
Old 11-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Ah, now you are experiencing the run around. Neither ebay/paypal will make any type of effort to working with you to resolve matters.

More a coincidence with those refunds.

If the bulk of those funds was from off-ebay activity, you might not have such a problem.
Does depend on paypal.

Were you able to submit a business plan with associated paperwork?
Old 11-08-2012
Threadstarter  

I Uploaded the information within hours of being asked from them on to paypal website and email the information over to them as well, i phoned them every day for the 1st 6 days and several since, i'm getting the impression they are getting sick of me contacting them, but i'm not getting anywere.

most the funds were off ebay, the webshop was just starting to take money so i'm looking at other payment gateways for webshop.

i can't talk to the department that are dealing with it, just business support.
Old 11-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Don't know if this helps but I use PP for EB only. For the website I use Google. Only problem with giving PP the website details is where PP is stealth & website uses coreect info on its contact page & details can be found on who is.
Old 11-09-2012
Threadstarter  

They have said now they will look at it at upper must urgent now, when i explained this is my family income and have no other income in the house, feel a bit hostage by them.

i've added Google to my webshop and applied for a merchant account to process payments, but merchant account take 2 weeks get up and running, but sales have dropped on the webshop since using google, is the any other that you recommend for webshop payment?

i think i need to get away from ebay and paypal, when will paypal and ebay realise that they are pushing away business?
Old 11-10-2012

Longevity: 79%

its this kind of thing i try warn against.

At best if you get to keep the site, you get to play the PP ass kissing game, at worst you have to start all over again :-(

Never mix/link pp to your ltd company/website directly.

for website you should have used a redirct.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-10-2012), SUVE (11-18-2012)
Old 11-10-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
its this kind of thing i try warn against.

At best if you get to keep the site, you get to play the PP ass kissing game, at worst you have to start all over again :-(

Never mix/link pp to your ltd company/website directly.

for website you should have used a redirct.
thankyou for advice, whats a redirect?
Old 11-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatty View Post
They have said now they will look at it at upper must urgent now, when i explained this is my family income and have no other income in the house, feel a bit hostage by them.

i've added Google to my webshop and applied for a merchant account to process payments, but merchant account take 2 weeks get up and running, but sales have dropped on the webshop since using google, is the any other that you recommend for webshop payment?

i think i need to get away from ebay and paypal, when will paypal and ebay realise that they are pushing away business?

This is typical paypal behaviour.

Have you looked in to NOCHEX?

I am guessing Tiz was thinking of them as a redirect
Old 11-10-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
This is typical paypal behaviour.

Have you looked in to NOCHEX?

I am guessing Tiz was thinking of them as a redirect
thank you I'll try signing up with them
do you know if i need a merchant bank account to sign up with them or it just like paypal?
Old 11-10-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quick update, paypal have now taken the limitation off the account, well sort of after 3 weeks, they have put a 90 day rolling 10% reserve on all sales amounts :-(

BUT i got a restriction on ebay as i have a limitation on paypal, so ebay said they are have to email paypal to get confirmation the limitation has been taken off paypal. so i can start selling again on ebay, this again going to take another 48 hours GRRRRRRRRRR