PayPal Appeal Refused - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 01-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default PayPal Appeal Refused

Received this email this morning. This is a fairly new account, opened in October. 25 listings per month (including this month). Everything has run very smoothly, no problems, 100% feedback, superb DSR's.

I got an email on 3rd January saying that because I hadnt logged in for a while they wanted docs. The reason I hadnt logged in in a while is because eBay only give me 25 listings per month on this account, and they were done in the first week of December.

Anyone else ever had this? Any advice for getting around this?

Dear Xxxxx Xxxxxxx,

Important information:

We regret to inform you that we’re initiating the closure of your PayPal account because of certain activity that took place relating to your account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Your right to appeal:

We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision.
Just get in touch with us and let us know. You can do so by logging in to your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk and clicking 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Your account balance during the account closure period:

This decision means we must oversee the appropriate movement of any money currently in your account. A gradual approach to account closure allows us to part ways, while considering any liabilities that may arise. Our aim is to review any valid buyer claims lodged against you. We must allow enough time for claims to be filed as these can take several months to be reported and resolved.

How will the process work?

We’ll hold any money currently in your account in accordance with section 2 below. We do this because it provides sufficient time for most claims, such as chargebacks, to be filed by other parties. These claims can result in financial loss. If your account balance is below zero, you’ll have to settle the amount owing on your account to avoid further action.

Our first review at 30 days after you received your last payment will calculate our exposure and we’ll release any excess money to you at that time for withdrawal. We’ll communicate this to you at the time. This review can result in 3 different outcomes as detailed in sub-sections 2(1)-(3) below. We’ll always communicate the outcome of our reviews to you.

1. We’ll release your entire remaining balance to you for withdrawal.
Please note that if you choose not to withdraw the money at that point we reserve the right to re-coup any money at the next review; or

2. We’ll release a part of your remaining balance to you. If this is the case we’ll inform you about how much money can be withdrawn. We’ll then conduct another review 30 days later that will repeat the process detailed under section 2; or 3. We won’t release any money to you if we deem our exposure to be greater than or equal to your available balance.

Your account may be reviewed up to 5 times; at 30 day intervals until day 180 from the date of the last payment received. If any money remains in your account at day 180 it will be made available for withdrawal at that point.

Accounts with a balance owing to PayPal:

If your account shows an amount owing to us, you must add money to ensure that the balance returns to zero. Please note that we reserve the right to recover the amount by legal means.

A copy of our User Agreement can be found by clicking ‘Legal Agreements’ at the bottom of any PayPal page. Our right to close your PayPal account, and the retention of money, are covered in our User Agreement under sections
10.2 and 10.3.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Did you send them docs when they asked for them?
Old 01-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 87%

Had original email from them on 3rd January, uploaded docs on the 11th, got email from them saying account was going to be closed this morning.

I've continued to list on eBay whilst this suspension was ongoing without any problems, and still have items listed.
Old 01-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Thought as much from the content of the email you received.

It would appear they did not like your docs, I assume they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗?

Bit of a pickle with your listed items now then, are you able to offer buyers an alternative payment method?
Old 02-13-2017

Longevity: 42%
Default Re: PayPal Appeal Refused

I know this is an old topic, but I received the same email today that my account will be closed.
They limited my account, after I sold a speaker on eBay for £120...the day before that I transferred £150 into my bank account. So because they placed this limitation and required the documents from me, they even reversed the bank transfer!!
I sent them all required documents - this is actually not a stealth account, and has my real details, address & name. After reviewing them, they sent me an email stating my account will be closed...

So now they have my £150 + £120 for the speaker, which I haven't posted yet..

Can this be appealed at all?

Last edited by chokolat1; 02-13-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

They cannot reverse a bank transfer, but they can stop the bank transfer if it had not yet hit your bank account.

Have you checked to see if it did hit your bank account?
Old 02-13-2017

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolat1 View Post
I know this is an old topic, but I received the same email today that my account will be closed.
They limited my account, after I sold a speaker on eBay for £120...the day before that I transferred £150 into my bank account. So because they placed this limitation and required the documents from me, they even reversed the bank transfer!!
I sent them all required documents - this is actually not a stealth account, and has my real details, address & name. After reviewing them, they sent me an email stating my account will be closed...

So now they have my £150 + £120 for the speaker, which I haven't posted yet..

Can this be appealed at all?
How old was your account? Had you been selling cheaper items prior to selling the £120 speaker?
Old 02-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
They cannot reverse a bank transfer, but they can stop the bank transfer if it had not yet hit your bank account.

Have you checked to see if it did hit your bank account?
It didnt hit my account yet unfortunately :(
Old 02-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verb View Post
How old was your account? Had you been selling cheaper items prior to selling the £120 speaker?
Account was created in Jan this year and I did sell a few things just less than £50.
The £120 speaker, i marked as sent this morning (before they decided to start process of closure of my account) and I also provided tracking number as I book it online, and was going to drop off tomorrow morning.
I just received an email from paypal to say that £120 funds are now available - wasnt there meant to be a 21 day hold or at least until they see item delivered? Seems so strange they released it so quickly! No use to me though as I still cannot withdraw..and I still have the item ready to be shipped in the morning, dont know what to do, as if paypal dont budge, They can hold that money for 6 months, not so keen on that...
I shall await to see what they reply to my appeal i sent this afternoon.
Old 04-11-2017

Longevity: 47%

Any luck with the appeal?