Permanently limited, can I use my other account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 06-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%
Default Permanently limited, can I use my other account?

Hi,

I started selling as a business through eBay around 6 months ago, it was going very well until I got permanently limited for breaking AUP rules.

I am pretty certain it is because a certain item I sold may have broken patent/copyright laws even though I didn't use any copyrighted trademarks or images.

Obviously if PayPal had warned me I would've stopped selling ASAP, as I was genuinely unaware they were patented.

I am trying to get eBay to talk to paypal on my behalf as there are approx 700 open orders (paid for - i'm not sending out until the situation is resolved) so I think it is in everyones interests that the account remains open.

Anyway my question is this, if paypal fail to reopen it, can I use another of my old paypal accounts (ive held for 8 years+) to accept payments on ebay? Or will this get closed down too?

thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2013

Longevity: 81%

I'm going to assume they've been linked already hence the question.

Have you logged in the both paypal on the same computer, with the same ip, and/or with the same cookies?

If so, they're linked, which means it will be shut down if you continue to do the same thing
What may seem the best interest to you, Paypal does what is best for who knows who...
Those 700 items sold will just lead to customer complaints = negative feedback.

eBay & Paypal is the same company, neither one will assist you.
Old 06-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by winx1 View Post
Anyway my question is this, if paypal fail to reopen it, can I use another of my old paypal accounts (ive held for 8 years+) to accept payments on ebay? Or will this get closed down too?

thanks

You are killing your other PP account(s) if you do this - they will get axed. Cannot recommend this course of action.

Other options to consider - many posts about this all over the forum.

All the best
Old 06-06-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

If you do this the second one will follow right behind it.

Not a good choice.

Either refund for the orders or just wait the 180 days.
Old 06-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Either refund for the orders or just wait the 180 days.
Just to clarify for OP...refunding orders will get the money out but will not change limitation status at all
Old 06-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Hi,

I started selling as a business through eBay around 6 months ago, it was going very well until I got permanently limited for breaking AUP rules.

I am pretty certain it is because a certain item I sold may have broken patent/copyright laws even though I didn't use any copyrighted trademarks or images.

Obviously if PayPal had warned me I would've stopped selling ASAP, as I was genuinely unaware they were patented.
thanks
paypal has no duty to warn you. Not being harsh here.

As the seller it was your duty to ensure your item was in order to sell.

If the area involved AUP, then you had that extra yard to go to have a full and complete understanding of your product.
paypal does not accept 'genuinely unaware' as an excuse.
Did you personally check if there was a patent on your goods? And if you did not, then you let yourself down badly. paypal is looking at this in the same way.
Old 06-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Hi,

I am trying to get eBay to talk to paypal on my behalf as there are approx 700 open orders (paid for - i'm not sending out until the situation is resolved) so I think it is in everyones interests that the account remains open.

thanks
ebay may do little to help you.

You may think it is in everyone's best interests for the account to stay open.
At the end of the day it is only you that thinks that. ( And for obvious reasons).

Putting a 2nd paypal account near an ebay account that has a limited paypal already is dangerous. It will fail.
You then have two lost paypals. Be aware that ebay could even turn around & take down the ebay account if they react to paypal's actions.