Paypal appeal refused - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Paypal appeal refused

Yet another reason to spread out sales and do small withdrawal once activity gets steady
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-22-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Sorry about that. I thought, hmmm should I withdraw my funds? No it will look suspicious, so I left it in and BAM. Paypal can do one.
are you still using the ebay account?
Old 12-22-2013

Longevity: 63%

same thing happen to my paypal account.

will i loose my ebay power seller account?
also i have Outstanding Payment : £96.10 (ebay fee) , but my paypal is limited.

what should i do?

thanks

Last edited by babs35; 12-22-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2017

Longevity: 49%

Hi i have just received an e-mail from them too. What do they want to tell me, i dont understand ...

Dear Xxxxxx xxxx,

Important information:

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Your right to appeal:

We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision. Just get in touch with us and let us know. To do so, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Select 'Managing My Account' as the topic and 'My account is limited' as the sub-topic, then send your message.

Your account balance during the account closure period:

This decision means we must oversee the appropriate movement of any money currently in your account. A gradual approach to account closure allows us to part ways, while considering any liabilities that may arise. Our aim is to review any valid buyer claims lodged against you. We must allow enough time for claims to be opened as these can take several months to be reported and resolved.

How will the process work?

1. We'll hold any money currently in your account in accordance with points 1-3 below. We do this because it provides sufficient time for most claims, such as chargebacks, to be opened by other parties. These claims can result in financial loss. If your account balance is below zero, you'll have to settle the amount owing on your account to avoid further action.
2. Our first review at 30 days from the date of this email will calculate our exposure and we'll release any excess money to you at that time for withdrawal. We'll communicate this to you at the time. This review can result in 3 different outcomes as detailed in points 1-3 below. We'll always communicate the outcome of our reviews to you.

1. We'll release your entire remaining balance to you for withdrawal. Please note that if you choose not to withdraw the money at that point we reserve the right to re-coup any money at the next review; or
2. We'll release a part of your remaining balance to you. If this is the case we'll inform you about how much money can be withdrawn. We'll then conduct another review 30 days later that will repeat the process detailed under section 2; or
3. We won't release any funds to you if we deem our exposure to be greater than or equal to your available balance.

Your account may be reviewed up to 5 times; at 30 day intervals until day 180 from the date of this email. If any money remains in your account at day 180 it will be made available for withdrawal at that point.

Accounts with a balance owing to PayPal:

If your account shows an amount owing to us, you must add money to ensure that the balance returns to zero. Please note that we reserve the right to recover the amount by legal means.

A copy of our User Agreement can be found by clicking 'Legal Agreements' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Our right to close your PayPal account, and the retention of funds, are covered in our User Agreement under sections 10.2 and 10.3

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Last edited by Sebecaa; 11-04-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2017

:-( please help ... i dont know what to do ... :-;
Old 11-04-2017

Will my account be opened again or they will Hold my money really for 180 days ??
Old 11-07-2017

Longevity: 72%

they will hold your cash for 180 days to mitigate any chargebacks etc.

after the 180 days they will probably ask you for ID and depending on how they are feeling that day they will either allow you to withdraw your money or give you thew run around.

Its a lottery.
The Following User Says Thank You to vlb For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-07-2017)
Old 11-17-2017

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlb View Post
they will hold your cash for 180 days to mitigate any chargebacks etc.

after the 180 days they will probably ask you for ID and depending on how they are feeling that day they will either allow you to withdraw your money or give you thew run around.

Its a lottery.
Unless you can provide genuine ID its unlikely they will release your money after 180 days - especially Paypal UK. Paypal must have millions held in limited accounts all around the world. If account holders cannot provide the ID what happens to the money??
Old 12-18-2017

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
Unless you can provide genuine ID its unlikely they will release your money after 180 days - especially Paypal UK. Paypal must have millions held in limited accounts all around the world. If account holders cannot provide the ID what happens to the money??
it would be nice to know exactly how much. Pity they dont have to respond to FOI requests.
Old 12-21-2017

Longevity: 36%

i have the same issue . I received over 2500 euros so they requested documents. after uploading documents i get the email your account has been restored

then a week later trying to withdraw the funds i receive an email titled appeal refused

i phoned them and their argument was the documents haven't been accepted

so i tell them well you did because my account was restored. they insisted on ignoring that comment and said i need to upload a different form of ID.

any suggestions guys

Last edited by ilcarletto; 12-21-2017 at 09:32 AM.