Nationwide Internet Access Saver (IAS) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Nationwide Internet Access Saver (IAS)

Hello all,

Yesterday morning, I tried adding 2 new Nationwide IAS to to PP accounts.

The first PP account, I added the Nationwide IAS the old way, i.e. the old screen, old page. It added OK. I then clicked to continue to submit DD. It seemed OK. I then clicked to main view, then went back to the bank account page, wanting to verify code. The bank account had disappeared. I tried to re-add the Nationwide IAS, but it gave some need review error.

The second PP account, I added the nationwide IAS from the 'Wallet' link i.e. the new way. It seemed to add OK. I then clicked to go back to main page, then clicked on 'Wallet'. Again, the bank account disappeared. Tried to re-add this second IAS, but gave some error.

I checked Nationwide Online Banking. Both IAS savers showed the 1p, but there was no code. There is still no code today.

I think that Nationwide is no longer allowing mismatched names, or they are blocking PP codes on their IAS savers.

I would also like to add that Halifax are holding back funds due to mismatched names. It is the Halifax Everyday Saver.

To GB and admin/mods, please consider placing Nationwide on the same "bad bank" list as LLOY. Might also want to consider putting Halifax on "watch".

Barclays are still OK with regards to mismatched names. Saying that, I have a good relationship with BARC.

Hope this helps.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Nationwide Internet Access Saver (IAS)

Nationwide is not a 'bad bank'...unless something drastic has happened since my last cash out earlier this morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-09-2015)
Old 12-30-2014

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
Hello all,

The first PP account, I added the Nationwide IAS the old way, i.e. the old screen, old page. It added OK. I then clicked to continue to submit DD. It seemed OK. I then clicked to main view, then went back to the bank account page, wanting to verify code. The bank account had disappeared. I tried to re-add the Nationwide IAS, but it gave some need review error.

The second PP account, I added the nationwide IAS from the 'Wallet' link i.e. the new way. It seemed to add OK. I then clicked to go back to main page, then clicked on 'Wallet'. Again, the bank account disappeared. Tried to re-add this second IAS, but gave some error.

I checked Nationwide Online Banking. Both IAS savers showed the 1p, but there was no code. There is still no code today.

I think that Nationwide is no longer allowing mismatched names, or they are blocking PP codes on their IAS savers.

I would also like to add that Halifax are holding back funds due to mismatched names. It is the Halifax Everyday Saver.

To GB and admin/mods, please consider placing Nationwide on the same "bad bank" list as LLOY. Might also want to consider putting Halifax on "watch".

Barclays are still OK with regards to mismatched names. Saying that, I have a good relationship with BARC.

Hope this helps.
Have you rang the bank and asked them for the code? Could be quite a simple explanation before adding 'bad banks'
Old 12-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Nationwide is not a 'bad bank'...unless something drastic has happened since my last cash out earlier this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends.

My Nationwide current account works OK. But both IAS savers didn't work.

Applied for another saver. If this IAS fails as well, then I would say that it's confirmed that Nationwide savers don't work.

There is a workaround, i.e. to add the Nationwide saver the old way and not submit DD. This prevents the 1p from being sent. But then, the PP account will remain unverified and the limits are lower. Can still make withdrawals from PP account with unverified Nationwide saver.

Given the hassle, I would consider Nationwide a bad bank. Mark my words. It is only a matter of time.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 12-30-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Have you rang the bank and asked them for the code? Could be quite a simple explanation before adding 'bad banks'

There is no point in calling up!

Repeating myself.....

I successfully added the Nationwide saver (07-10-40 sort-code). I then clicked "submit DD". This was also OK. You do this to get the code. I then clicked to return to main page. Clicked here and there. I then returned to the bank accounts page. It had disappeared - there was no bank account attached. I tried to re-add the same IAS saver, but it gave an error.

This means:

PP had no issue with the bank account, since it was added OK. Compare this with a Ffrees bank account which uses a Natwest sort-code. PP doesn't even allow you to add a Ffrees bank account, i.e. PP rejects said Natwest sort-code.

I submitted DD successfully when I clicked on the button. This is confirmed by 1p showing up on online banking.

The IAS saver then disappeared. This can only mean..... upon getting the 1p with code, Nationwide returned a message to PP, which made it remove the IAS saver.

With Nationwide savers, the code does not show immediately. Say it's 1pm on Tuesday. You added a Nationwide IAS and submitted for code. When you check online banking, you will see 1p there, but no code. The code will be shown the next morning. You can see it on online banking early on Wed morning.

Last edited by Mack the Knife; 12-30-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Looks like this issue was already reported. See link below, post #8 and #12.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-payp...e-savings.html
Old 12-31-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Looks like this issue was already reported. See link below, post #8 and #12.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-payp...e-savings.html
Yep....that was me. What a nightmare it turned into. I did get code in the end but was told it was at bank staffs discretion. Its open 24 hours and i remember the person giving me the code said that call staff are more prepared to help you out of hours....so a midnight call might have done the trick :-)
Old 01-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooooo.halo View Post
Yep....that was me. What a nightmare it turned into. I did get code in the end but was told it was at bank staffs discretion. Its open 24 hours and i remember the person giving me the code said that call staff are more prepared to help you out of hours....so a midnight call might have done the trick :-)

Happy New Year, halo.

It's not just the code. Nationwide savers don't seem to allow mismatched names (I tried a fee additional savers on new PPs to understand the issue).

Let's say your name is Donald Duck. If you have a PP account with the name Don Duck, then this is OK, as in Nationwide won't have an issue and won't prompt PP, which would mean the saver automatically removed..

Let's say name is Minnie Mouse. If you have a PP account with the name Minie Mouse, this would be a problem. You can add the saver and click "submit DD2. It might even show OK. But leave it for a minute, go back to the bank accounts page, the saver would have been removed.
Old 01-01-2015

Quote:
Happy New Year, halo.

It's not just the code. Nationwide savers don't seem to allow mismatched names (I tried a fee additional savers on new PPs to understand the issue).

Let's say your name is Donald Duck. If you have a PP account with the name Don Duck, then this is OK, as in Nationwide won't have an issue and won't prompt PP, which would mean the saver automatically removed..

Let's say name is Minnie Mouse. If you have a PP account with the name Minie Mouse, this would be a problem. You can add the saver and click "submit DD2. It might even show OK. But leave it for a minute, go back to the bank accounts page, the saver would have been removed.
Happy New Year Mack the Knife

Ive been withdrawing to mine ok, using a name variation with no probs. I know im skating on thin ice with this account. I sell low cost on this account for that reason
I just got the gist that the whole paypal thing was a problem for nationwide when using their savers account. They want you to use your normal accoubt for that.
I have a nationwide normal account set up to a stealth with a completely different name. Theres every chance they could be onto that in the future if they start checking. But that could be said for all banks i guess :-)
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Happy New Year Mack the Knife

Ive been withdrawing to mine ok, using a name variation with no probs. I know im skating on thin ice with this account. I sell low cost on this account for that reason
I just got the gist that the whole paypal thing was a problem for nationwide when using their savers account. They want you to use your normal accoubt for that.
I have a nationwide normal account set up to a stealth with a completely different name. Theres every chance they could be onto that in the future if they start checking. But that could be said for all banks i guess :-)

Try this. Get 2 new IAS savers. Make 2 new PP accounts. Add the new saver to a new PP with mismatched name. Add the other new saver to 2nd PP. Here, if your name is Phillip Jones, vary it to Phil Jones. See what happens with both.

Nationwide IAS savers (07-10-40 sort code, I have older e-Savers with the 07-00-40 sort code that are still working OK) are basically gone. Yes, you can withdraw to them. This is easy. Add the bank account, but don't verify it. Can still withdraw, if you know how to do things

What we need is a new list of banks that accept mismatched names without scrutiny. A lot of people say that Halifax is great. But what ppl don't know is..... if Halifax catches on to the mismatched names, they will close all your accounts and you will have a very hard time trying to get your money.
Old 01-02-2015

Quote:
Try this. Get 2 new IAS savers. Make 2 new PP accounts. Add the new saver to a new PP with mismatched name. Add the other new saver to 2nd PP. Here, if your name is Phillip Jones, vary it to Phil Jones. See what happens with both.

Nationwide IAS savers (07-10-40 sort code, I have older e-Savers with the 07-00-40 sort code that are still working OK) are basically gone. Yes, you can withdraw to them. This is easy. Add the bank account, but don't verify it. Can still withdraw, if you know how to do things

What we need is a new list of banks that accept mismatched names without scrutiny. A lot of people say that Halifax is great. But what ppl don't know is..... if Halifax catches on to the mismatched names, they will close all your accounts and you will have a very hard time trying to get your money.
Yeah, i know what your saying. A list would be good but the problem.is that what works for one might not work for another. Trial and error.
Yes people have reported problems with halifax. I havevone current and one savers with them and have had no problems
I guess no bank is safe as they could enforce checks at any time :-)
Old 01-02-2015

Longevity: 77%

You can still withdraw to the saver account even if it refuses the direct debit mandate...
Old 01-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yeah, i know what your saying. A list would be good but the problem.is that what works for one might not work for another. Trial and error.
Yes people have reported problems with halifax. I havevone current and one savers with them and have had no problems
I guess no bank is safe as they could enforce checks at any time :-)

Good for you. They have not caught on to you. But it won't last - at some point, they (as in Halifax) will check. Do note that Halifax is part of LLOY. I've been a Halifax customer for donkey years. All my savers were closed. They even closed my share-dealing account. My current was maintained as my day job salary goes there and I have a Halifax mortgage.

This is the point I am trying to make. I don't see the point trying something if it ends up in failure. It just makes banks more 'accustomed' to our stealth techniques.

With regards to Nationwide, I lost 8 IAS savers, but have now found a way that works well. This is what "trial and error" is supposed to give - a workaround.
Old 01-02-2015

Quote:
Good for you. They have not caught on to you. But it won't last - at some point, they (as in Halifax) will check. Do note that Halifax is part of LLOY. I've been a Halifax customer for donkey years. All my savers were closed. They even closed my share-dealing account. My current was maintained as my day job salary goes there and I have a Halifax mortgage.

This is the point I am trying to make. I don't see the point trying something if it ends up in failure. It just makes banks more 'accustomed' to our stealth techniques.

With regards to Nationwide, I lost 8 IAS savers, but have now found a way that works well. This is what "trial and error" is supposed to give - a workaround.
I know what your saying.
The problems i guess is that eventually the banks may get used to these mismatch name occurences and crack down more. Who knows.
I guess we just have to stick with what is working for us individually and deal with any barriers that occur in the future.
Many members say they use lloyds and tsb with no problems...though those banks are deemed best avoided.
I will continue with what i have as its currently working and will adapt as and when i need to. Theres nothing else i can really do other than to see what the future brings.
:-)
Old 01-10-2015

Longevity: 56%

I think we need stickys making for 'confirmed uk CURRENT ACCOUNTS only that accept mismatched'

There's too many threads with 'bank name' getting slated, yet it's moslty 'saver accounts' that are discussed

From my reading on here, ANY/ALL online savers will Refuse DD mandate. It's common knowledge

We need a sticky list for confirmed current accounts only that can be edited if users start reporting that I bank that was known for accepting mismatched names has refused for someone else

It may save users time and stress from opening a brand new current account because they searched here, read a few posts saying 'good' but after adding it to their new stealth paypal, they get the DD refused paypal email.

If you have a new current account, and the bank refuses, you WILL likely have that paypal limited very soon after.

I know cause it's just happened to me.

... also it sorta makes sense to me that if you open a new 'current account' with a new bank, then straight away paypal asks them for DD permission in a completely different name, this is gonna make any right thinking person think 'potential fraud' so they obv refuse DD

Last edited by johnquango; 01-10-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnquango View Post
I think we need stickys making for 'confirmed uk CURRENT ACCOUNTS only that accept mismatched'

There's too many threads with 'bank name' getting slated, yet it's moslty 'saver accounts' that are discussed

From my reading on here, ANY/ALL online savers will Refuse DD mandate. It's common knowledge

We need a sticky list for confirmed current accounts only that can be edited if users start reporting that I bank that was known for accepting mismatched names has refused for someone else

It may save users time and stress from opening a brand new current account because they searcheod here, read a few posts saying 'good' but after adding it to their new stealth paypal, they get the DD refused paypal email.

If you have a new current account, and the bank refuses, you WILL likely have that paypal limited very soon after.

I know cause it's just happened to me.

... also it sorta makes sense to me that if you open a new 'current account' with a new bank, then straight away paypal asks them for DD permission in a completely different name, this is gonna make any right thinking person think 'potential fraud' so they obv refuse DD
I do think that current accounts get mentioned.
Lloyds and TSB particularly.
The problem is that many are claiming to use those banks with no.problems while others have had issues.
I know Callidus mentioned probs with Halifax to which i use current and savers with them with no issues as yet.
Its not great but we can only do what works for us individually. And if it ever fails, then we just get on again.
I think your idea about listing whats good and whats not is a great idea, i really do.
BUT the problem you will see yourself is that people will say they have had issues with Lloyds and others will come in and say they use Lloyds with no.problems.
I think by the end of that thread, noone will be any further forward lol
Old 01-16-2015

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
I know what your saying.
The problems i guess is that eventually the banks may get used to these mismatch name occurences and crack down more. Who knows.
I guess we just have to stick with what is working for us individually and deal with any barriers that occur in the future.
Many members say they use lloyds and tsb with no problems...though those banks are deemed best avoided.
I will continue with what i have as its currently working and will adapt as and when i need to. Theres nothing else i can really do other than to see what the future brings.
:-)
cant see them changing the automated system really

it will cause the banks a bigger head ache than anything else.
Old 01-21-2015
Threadstarter  

The problem I see is.....

People don't really know what they are talking about. Verifying a bank account is one thing. Direct Debit is another.
Old 01-21-2015

Quote:
The problem I see is.....

People don't really know what they are talking about. Verifying a bank account is one thing. Direct Debit is another.
There are many banks that are overall seen as good for stealth.
Savers do have their issues but ive not come into any probs as yet.
They will fail the direct debit mandate but can still be withdrawn to.

You must keep up to date with ebay fees. I like to make one off payments.and if im caught short, ive used my VCC.
But if you didnt have funds in paypal to cover fees and nor did your VCC, then it cant take from your savers...hence cause you BIG problems :-)
Old 01-22-2015

Quote:
Hello all,

Hope this helps.
Why not try for a basic bank account, they are the easiest to get, have visa debit cards, online access, I set one up recently online as well no need to go into branch, don't have hassles with mismatched names if you check first on here that it is a bank that is known to not have that particular problem
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There are many banks that are overall seen as good for stealth.
Savers do have their issues but ive not come into any probs as yet.
They will fail the direct debit mandate but can still be withdrawn to.

You must keep up to date with ebay fees. I like to make one off payments.and if im caught short, ive used my VCC.
But if you didnt have funds in paypal to cover fees and nor did your VCC, then it cant take from your savers...hence cause you BIG problems :-)

Thank you for illustrating what I stated. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Again, verifying a bank account and Direct Debits are not the same thing.
Old 01-22-2015

Quote:
Thank you for illustrating what I stated. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Again, verifying a bank account and Direct Debits are not the same thing.
Very very rude person you are.
I help out on this forum as best as i can and i certainly would not be so rude to any member on this forum.
I will no longer reply to any of your threads