Paypal lie - they wont even let me refund people now - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-05-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Paypal lie - they wont even let me refund people now

So as some of you may recall I've got about £1300 locked in a paypal account . I was looking at the resolution centre stuff and it said that I AM allowed to refund people ( as long as they paid less than 60 days ago ) and looking at my incoming money I figured if I sent out a few emails I could potentially get £500 of cash out of my account via refunds . I emailed about 2 dozen people explaining my predicament and offering freebies if theyd let me refund them after theyd repaid the amount , one went for it immediately and repaid the money via stripe . I go into paypal and initiate a refund of his money , only to be told that I don not have the funds in this account to initiate a refund ( theres 1300 in there as I said ) , and that the only way I can refund this person is if if I either add a bank account and debit from there or similarly add a credit card and theyll take the payment via that . Paypal really are absolute c**** . Dont beleive that you can get money out of your account via mass refunds anymore people , theyre not playing ball :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Paypal lie - they wont even let me refund people now

you actually have to talk to paypal to get to refund people.
They do it for you manually as long as your funds arent pending.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-05-2016)
Old 04-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

You call pp and get an agent to do it - if you get some loser agent, re-call and get a better one.
Old 04-06-2016
Threadstarter  

yeah but I want to refund a load of people to get the money out of my account , I doubt whether any agent will fall for that . They used to just let us refund people with the money in the account without any hassle , not anymore I guess .
Old 04-06-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

cant be that important to you, if you give up before even trying to call paypal.

You know you dont have to do ALL refunds in 1 call if you that paranoid. The account is lost, so what more do you have to lose by asking this?
Old 04-06-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

If you cannot refund, have the customers call them up and have them start beeching at them.
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

dont know why you think it is a method to refund people that got their goods, that was never recommended on forum....the buyer that stripe paid you for beforehand for promise of freebies was an idiot........just wait for the payout at 180

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-12-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Just as an update to this I actually did call up paypal a few weeks back , told them I wanted to refund 3 people , they asked me to write an email stating the transaction numbers of the people I wanted to refund and theyd sort it out , so I wrote the email while the paypal guy was still on the phone , so he could confirm hed got it . He confirmed , said hed sort it out , while I was there I also asked if he could place a limitation on my account so that no-one else could send me money on it , he said fine he'd sort that out also . I waited 1 day , 2 days , absolutely nothing happened . Sent a message through customer services on the 3rd day asking what was happening , they sent me the usual " we'd prefer to talk to you on the phone " , I emailed back stating I'd been on the phone to them for half hour earlier in the week and thought I'd sorted this all out , and they just sent me their generic " this is how you do a refund on paypal " email back . Utter ****s . Taking to them on the phone yielded absolutely nothing , the guy clearly was told " just tell him what he wants to hear to get him off the phone and then we'll do absolutely bugger all and still keep your money . So to clarify , calling them up doesnt necessarily work .............
Old 08-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

They might not have refunded those 3 people when you asked because they got off the phone with you and found out they couldn't do it.

First, always ask for them to send you an email confirming what you discussed.
Second, you can ask to talk to a supervisor if you aren't getting anywhere with the agent at the time.
Old 08-16-2016
Threadstarter  

Why wouldnt they have been able to do it though , all 3 payments were pretty recent , the one was from 2 days before I called up paypal and I'd told the guy who made it I'd refund him , he was very understanding and knew paypal can just be incredibly awkward .

Oh and in response to someone else who said :
>.the buyer that stripe paid you for beforehand for promise of freebies was an >idiot........just wait for the payout at 180

he wasnt an idiot , he was someone whose bought from me many times before and trusts me , I only asked regular customers to do it not one-off buyers . And there wont be an 180 day payout , they havent put on a permanent limitation yet , theyre still waiting for me to provide some documentation I dont have , thats my next step now sadly getting that off someone on here and hoping they accept it .
Old 08-17-2016
K1ll

Longevity: 0%

tell the buyer to dispute then you refund
Old 08-17-2016
Threadstarter  

haha tried that , he told them the payment was unauthorised , they did an investigation and refused his appeal.