Can you sign up with Adyen directly? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 6 Days Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 26%
iTrader: (0)
Default Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

I was just wondering if I could sign up with Adyen directly instead of through eBay? Would that be safer?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 6 Days Ago
tinsoldier's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,027
Thanks: 80
Thanked 948 Times in 789 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 23%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

No you can't.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tinsoldier For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (6 Days Ago)
  #3  
Old 6 Days Ago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 460
Thanks: 83
Thanked 57 Times in 42 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

It's possible, but they request a lot more information than ebay requests - I tried it couple of month ago and didn't go further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatterofchoice View Post
I was just wondering if I could sign up with Adyen directly instead of through eBay? Would that be safer?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 6 Days Ago
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,673
Thanks: 1,917
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,634 Posts
Activity: 72%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefrasers View Post
It's possible, but they request a lot more information than ebay requests - I tried it couple of month ago and didn't go further.
I doubt that application would have been valid on eBay.

Adyen is just a contractor in the MP situation.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 6 Days Ago
Bigblackdog's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 464
Thanks: 91
Thanked 107 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 85%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

I believe Adyen are only a third party processor - just another Paypal but without the retail side
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 6 Days Ago
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9,673
Thanks: 1,917
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,634 Posts
Activity: 72%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

They are the backend payment processor but this is eBay's show so I'm pretty sure you would have to apply directly with eBay.

The difference between Adyen and Paypal, IMO, is that Adyen is designed to be seamlessly integrated with any e-commerce website without the Adyen brand being promoted. Paypal on the other hand is designed to be much more up front, dealing directly with customers, with their branding everywhere they're accepted.

An application directly with Adyen would probably be an application to integrate their payment platform into your website or app, not to sell on eBay.
__________________
____________
_______
___
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 6 Days Ago
Bigblackdog's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 464
Thanks: 91
Thanked 107 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 85%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Can you sign up with Adyen directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
They are the backend payment processor but this is eBay's show so I'm pretty sure you would have to apply directly with eBay.

The difference between Adyen and Paypal, IMO, is that Adyen is designed to be seamlessly integrated with any e-commerce website without the Adyen brand being promoted. Paypal on the other hand is designed to be much more up front, dealing directly with customers, with their branding everywhere they're accepted.

An application directly with Adyen would probably be an application to integrate their payment platform into your website or app, not to sell on eBay.
Sounds about right to me
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adyen UK Rusek UK Managed Payments 7 02-16-2020 10:04 AM
Adyen switch over yellowprintdirect eBay Discussion! 4 06-12-2019 06:22 AM
Adyen, what i have so far. Lucynda eBay Discussion! 54 02-24-2019 03:58 AM
Adyen Features chrisroookie eBay Discussion! 5 10-02-2018 05:46 AM
Adyen salford90 eBay Discussion! 5 02-03-2018 06:54 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts