July 15th date may come and go... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-08-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default July 15th date may come and go...

I spoke with an MP rep and they told me that the 15th is simply the date they picked to get people to finish registering. The rep claimed they don't actually have an activation date, but it should be the end of July. They did say it could go into August, but were hoping for July. Those of us waiting for July 15th may be twiddling our thumbs for a while. As with anything else I've mentioned, take it as you will. It's from a rep, but reps don't always have or tell the full story.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2020

Longevity: 49%
Default Re: July 15th date may come and go...

https://i.imgur.com/qWSAv1A.jpg

My account been getting emails to activate

Your account is scheduled to be enabled for managed payments in late July, and you must register by July 15th or the ability to create new listings will be interrupted. You only have one week left to register.

so I take it after the 15th, I won't be able to create new listings
Old 07-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsang14 View Post
https://i.imgur.com/qWSAv1A.jpg

My account been getting emails to activate

Your account is scheduled to be enabled for managed payments in late July, and you must register by July 15th or the ability to create new listings will be interrupted. You only have one week left to register.

so I take it after the 15th, I won't be able to create new listings
Don't hold me to this, but I think you will, but not for long. The date is what they picked to get people registered. Speaking to reps, my understanding is that the day you will no longer be able to list new content or make sales will be the actual day the account is activated. This date is later in July or possibly in early August. Your account will not be suspended, but it will not be usable as a selling account until you complete and are cleared to use MP. That is my understanding based on what I have been told.
Old 07-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you can check your MP status in My Ebay
Mine just says "You're on the list. We’ll email and notify you in My eBay Messages before activating your account for managed payments." Don't know if that means it's approved and ready when it goes live or what.
Old 07-10-2020

Longevity: 79%

Sardonicus: I have same thing. They said they will verify updated my business info and before activate my account.... I have not hear from MP a week .. WTF!!

Last edited by da5543; 07-10-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by da5543 View Post
Sardonicus: I have same thing. They said they will verify updated my business info and before activate my account.... I have not hear from MP a week .. WTF!!
I did a bit of reading on the ebay forums and that seems to be the extent of what we will see until activation. The only other contact we would have is if there was a problem with the registration.
Old 07-11-2020

Longevity: 81%
Default July 15th date may come and go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
I did a bit of reading on the ebay forums and that seems to be the extent of what we will see until activation. The only other contact we would have is if there was a problem with the registration.

They are going to get a flood of sellers doing the MP on week of July 15. My thinking they will push back the activation date till September. What ebay does best is change their policy every 3 months like drunken sailor and then on top it didn’t thoroughly think it through.

If ebay doesn’t execute MP well. They will be in world of pain.
Old 07-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
They are going to get a flood of sellers doing the MP on week of July 15. My thinking they will push back the activation date till September. What ebay does best is change their policy every 3 months like drunken sailor and then on top it didn’t thoroughly think it through.

If ebay doesn’t execute MP well. They will be in world of pain.
Possibly, but I doubt it. I received a message recently saying the activation for me will be between two dates at the end of July. They may be doing them in batches. I really don't think that ebay cares if sellers are temporarily inconvenienced by not being able to sell until they are cleared for MP.
Old 07-11-2020

Quote:
Possibly, but I doubt it. I received a message recently saying the activation for me will be between two dates at the end of July. They may be doing them in batches. I really don't think that ebay cares if sellers are temporarily inconvenienced by not being able to sell until they are cleared for MP.

I believe their is tipping point between buying and selling. The fact is without sellers like us their is no product offering. If ends up people are exiting massive numbers moving onto selling on apps for your smartphone. Ebay will definitely rethink their strategy.

If the customer are left with just amazon and eBay. It ends up amazon is a couple dollar different I rather have my product in two days or less. If any issues arise amazon will replace it rather than going through a big box retailer on eBay who might take 5-7 days to deliver.
Old 07-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
I believe their is tipping point between buying and selling. The fact is without sellers like us their is no product offering. If ends up people are exiting massive numbers moving onto selling on apps for your smartphone. Ebay will definitely rethink their strategy.

If the customer are left with just amazon and eBay. It ends up amazon is a couple dollar different I rather have my product in two days or less. If any issues arise amazon will replace it rather than going through a big box retailer on eBay who might take 5-7 days to deliver.
I think that's wishful thinking. EBay doesn't seem to think along those lines. Everything they do leans towards buyers, not sellers. I'm not disputing what you are saying is correct. I just don't think eBay sees it that way.
Old 07-11-2020

Longevity: 73%

This is the latest message I received regarding MP

Quote:
This is your last reminder to finish your registration for managed payments.

Remember, your account is scheduled to be enabled in late July - please register by July 15 for eBay to manage your payments. If you miss the registration deadline, starting from 27/07/2020, we will start to restrict your ability to create new listings.
They say "starting from "27/07/20" but no specific date is given.

Time to fire up photoshop...
Old 07-11-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyFish View Post
This is the latest message I received regarding MP

They say "starting from "27/07/20" but no specific date is given.

Time to fire up photoshop...
Like I mentioned in an above post, July 15th is the deadline to register. Sometime after that date, your account is supposed to go active. If you have not registered then they will limit your ability to sell until you do. No exact date seems to be given, but it appears to be between the 24-28th from what I've read. Maybe they will activate accounts in batches each day.
Old 07-11-2020

Quote:
Like I mentioned in an above post, July 15th is the deadline to register. Sometime after that date, your account is supposed to go active. If you have not registered then they will limit your ability to sell until you do. No exact date seems to be given, but it appears to be between the 24-28th from what I've read. Maybe they will activate accounts in batches each day.

I bet the only reason ebay is forcing sellers to register is fact no one wanted to register in the first place because no eBay transition has ever been smooth.

I am planning to register slowly and see how it goes. Once there registered with MP got to be super careful what you sell.
Old 07-14-2020

Longevity: 53%

i have 50 ebay accounts, i only sell 1 or 2 items a month on each, and have not received ANY EMAIL for managed payment. i think MP will only be for bigger sellers. it would honestly be useless and time wasting for small sellers that do like $1k max a month.
Old 07-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
i have 50 ebay accounts, i only sell 1 or 2 items a month on each, and have not received ANY EMAIL for managed payment. i think MP will only be for bigger sellers. it would honestly be useless and time wasting for small sellers that do like $1k max a month.
Possible, my account has a decent volume and $ amount.
Old 07-14-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlmfao View Post
wow how do you manage that many accounts?
Old 07-14-2020

Longevity: 69%

my business accounts with very low to zero selling amount still got messages to sign up, but my personal ones did not. So guess it will roll out on business ones first. Probably on personal ones with high selling volume as well