Possibility MP might be push back till September - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-25-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Possibility MP might be push back till September

I feel their is possibility MP might be push back till September. Apparently eBay doesn’t do the verification but their payment processor does. I am assuming a good chunk of people ignored the email and with the amount of backlog regarding sign up for MP. Then also we are in a middle of PANDEMIC let not forget. If eBay starts too turn off everyone who got the notice. Probably a huge drop in revenue. Then we are in the middle of Q2 business quarter. It look bad for eBay to have a huge drop because they jump the gun and didn’t properly transition over sellers smoothly to MP. Imo shareholders will not be happy. Q3 starts in September.

eBay should of concentrated on growing their niche markets and other markets instead of this payment system. They should of gave more choices to use as payment processor then locking everyone to ayden.

The reason I feel they might pressure people more in beginning of September because it beginning of new business quarter.

I might be wrong but it shows how sloppy eBay is when transitioning. They want to act like amazon but ending up performing like a Walmart super center at 10 o’clock at night when they put 1 cashier to 50 customers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2020

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Possibility MP might be push back till September

lol asumptions
The Following User Says Thank You to warnka1 For This Useful Post:
yankee (07-25-2020)
Old 07-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Hey........ 80-90% of ebay users never even herd of MP. I would say their 5 year plan of 2023 is running right on schedule.

I wish MP was across the board starting today personally. I wish we could open accounts day one with MP.
Old 07-25-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Hey........ 80-90% of ebay users never even herd of MP. I would say their 5 year plan of 2023 is running right on schedule.

I wish MP was across the board starting today personally. I wish we could open accounts day one with MP.
I spoke to an MP this past weekend. They said they are processing tens of thousands of sellers right now. They hope to have most of the sellers of their first wave registered by the beginning of next year. It's kind of like being called for jury duty. You're just waiting to get called. Could be tomorrow or it could be next year. Some will be lucky and get called later rather than sooner.
The Following User Says Thank You to sardonicus For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-25-2020)
Old 07-27-2020

Longevity: 56%

I'm hoping we have a few years to keep makeing money with paypal and not MP. With cv19 going on I'm very worried about a lot of ebay ppl on here that use true ebay st acc. Ebay picked a wrong time to do this. Keep selling that's what's I'm doing
The Following User Says Thank You to animekings99 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

The sooner ebay gets everything switched over to MP, the better as far as I am concerned.
Old 07-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Has anyone created a second MP account? My biggest concern is when MP across the board meaning when you sell anything. You need to sign up for MP and get hit with ban of some sort. You will be dead in the water.
Old 07-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
Has anyone created a second MP account? My biggest concern is when MP across the board meaning when you sell anything. You need to sign up for MP and get hit with ban of some sort. You will be dead in the water.
If you're forced to join MP, you can create a new account. That account will not automatically be required to join MP even though your other account has. At least, that is how it's being done at the moment. A rep told me people are creating paypal accepting accounts all the time and that the MP will eventually be all accounts, but it's moving in phases.
littleredengine07 (07-27-2020)
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
If you're forced to join MP, you can create a new account. That account will not automatically be required to join MP even though your other account has. At least, that is how it's being done at the moment. A rep told me people are creating paypal accepting accounts all the time and that the MP will eventually be all accounts, but it's moving in phases.

I think it’s a bad idea. It might trigger a restriction or limitation imo. The last time I trust a PayPal rep. He god my account locked.
Old 07-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
I think it’s a bad idea. It might trigger a restriction or limitation imo. The last time I trust a PayPal rep. He god my account locked.
I'm only telling you what I was told. Also, everything I've said on here was said by an MP rep, not a Paypal rep or regular eBay rep. Take it as you will.
littleredengine07 (07-29-2020)
Old 07-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Have you guys read eBay's latest update in seller hub, "eBay's Q2 business results"?

There's zero mention of MP anywhere in it. The new CEO is bragging about having their best quarter in 15yrs (because of the covid nonsense) and starts talking about things like seller hub and the ability for sellers to send custom offers to buyers. It seems to me like they're realizing how toxic of a subject MP can be so they intentionally said nothing about it.

I doubt they're laying off of it.. but, who knows.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 07-29-2020 at 02:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
EV2011 (08-12-2020), outofluck (08-11-2020)
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Have you guys read eBay latest update in seller hub, "eBay's Q2 business results"?

There's zero mention of MP anywhere in it. The new CEO is bragging about having their best quarter in 15yrs (because of the covid nonsense) and starts talking about things like seller hub and the ability for sellers to send custom offers to buyers. It seems to me like they're realizing how toxic of a subject MP can be so they intentionally said nothing about it.

I doubt they're laying off of it.. but, who knows.

If ceo hasn’t mention it. It’s a good sign (maybe) that it’s being delayed to next quarter giving us stealthers more time to formulate a plan. eBay will eventually institute it across the board. I bet the beginning of next quarter. MP is not going away they invested too much into it.
Old 07-29-2020

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 41%

Greed. They are absolutely raking it in due to covid.

They won't jeopardize it by enforcing MP any time soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
EV2011 (08-12-2020)
Old 07-29-2020

Longevity: 21%

Hardly zero mention. This is what the CEO told analysts on the conference call Tuesday. It may not be immediate, but it is profitable for Ebay and it is coming.

"Operationally, our top initiative over the past two years managed payments just reached a very important milestone as we begin to scale globally. Although the original operating agreement reached the end of its term, PayPal will remain an important partner moving forward as a payment option for buyers.

And from a seller perspective, after successful launches in the US and Germany over the past two years, we've started migrating sellers in the UK, Australia and Canada on payments. We expect to transition the majority of all sellers globally over the next 18 months and we remain on track to realize $2 million in revenue and $500 million in operating profit in 2022.

Managed payments is a great example of a tech-led reimagination of our marketplace. It provides a simpler and seamless experience for buyers and sellers around the world."
Old 07-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Greed. They are absolutely raking it in due to covid.

They won't jeopardize it by enforcing MP any time soon.

A lot of companies are raking in the cheddar. Although my question is once those stimulus checks run out and next one is going to be the VERY LAST. What would the financial landscape look like then? Imo a lot of the strong sales currently going on is due to stimulus checks and unemployment checks.
The Following User Says Thank You to littleredengine07 For This Useful Post:
DejaVoo (08-01-2020)
Old 07-31-2020

Got a message today suggesting that we register for MP, but, that managed payments wont be activated for the account until "early next year."
Old 08-01-2020

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by enabomen View Post
Got a message today suggesting that we register for MP, but, that managed payments wont be activated for the account until "early next year."
So now you can’t list with paypal as form of receiving payments?
Old 08-04-2020

Yes, I can still list using PayPal.
Old 08-14-2020

Longevity: 85%

i just read on Ecommercebytes re Managed Payments, if you set you set your payments to " Daily Payouts " that first payment will hit your bank account in 3-4 business days but knowing Ebay will probably take a little longer
Old 08-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburnet View Post
i just read on Ecommercebytes re Managed Payments, if you set you set your payments to " Daily Payouts " that first payment will hit your bank account in 3-4 business days but knowing Ebay will probably take a little longer
Mine have been paying out within 24 hours of the actual payout. The time from when you mark it shipped and the payout can be a day or two. So, all total is about 2-3 business days.
Old 08-14-2020

Longevity: 36%

Stealthers who learned from their mistakes should be able to keep their business going. Those who are flipping accounts like they don't matter, clearly selling counterfeit goods (and more) will get the boot.

Good sellers will have less competition... I'm glad MP worked successfully for me, I plan to keep it going for years to come as long as ebay doesn't go under
The Following User Says Thank You to prodigyace For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (08-14-2020)
Old 08-21-2020

Longevity: 32%

Now, all my accounts are blocked from create new listings.... the pushed MP, enforced. NO hope now.
I tried my real information account, but they sent me an email after a few hours to ask me to submit my bank statement. I think small banks are not working... or the name has to be exactly match your eb ID, letter to letter. Otherwise, it will NOT pass.

I also sell on other sites, NO other sites are required like this. Amazon, Etsy, they do not care your bank names.. ONLY new MP.
This will hurt eb's business, since more than 50% accounts on there are stealth.... they will get killed.
Eb will go under.... they will have at least 50% less sales... in the next year. Due to this bad economic and the war with China, we will probably have nothing to sell any way.
Try to save as much as you can, go starving....