Becoming a VERO. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Becoming a VERO.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Has anyone here gone through the process of becoming a VERO? How hard is it? Any tips? PROS & CONS?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hello:
Have a Very close friend who is Vero.
She went through a pretty stringent Process.
You must of course have a Valid telephone/email/Business address and Business License.
They fax you info, as well as email.
They will also set you up with a Vero Tool--thats used on line- after verification.
Old 07-29-2008

Longevity: 93%

interesting in Vero Tool...LOL
Old 08-07-2008

Longevity: 91%

Sounds like it's pretty damn easy to become a so called VERO member, even if it is not legit!!! Anyone can fax in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information!! Ebay rarely checks it out. Thats why VERO is such a problem within the ebay community!!! There are many MANY individuals CLAIMING they own the rights for certain products, and getting the simple seller like me, kicked off e-bay for good..... because they can!! Ebay even stated that they NEVER pursue a statement or claim from a VERO member!!! Whatever they say goes!!! Tell me this. How does Salvatore Farraggammo, a famous shoe and purse designer, now all of a sudden, hold the trademark rights for a hair iron I purchased off of HSN- the shopping channel?? VERO is a joke!!! Yea, and by the way, upon e-mailing this so-called rights owner, they never responded to any of my e-mails????? Probably because they were not legit!!! And ebay will not allow me to relist my item because Ferraggamo owns the trademark rights???? No, they don't!! They don't even make a product even close to what I was selling!! Ebay doesn't even investigate!! They told me, they don'thave to. Meanwhile, my business and reputation are shot!!! Thanks VERO!!
Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

This subject really interests me.

What exactly is required?

I will check on this and report back.
Old 08-30-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

i'm interested in this too..
Old 08-30-2009

Longevity: 89%

These pages provide the info on how to become VERO.

Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program

http://pages.ebay.in/help/community/...fringement.pdf

VERO Automated Searches feature on eBay:
eBay now offers to all members a feature called Favourite Searches. You can use our Favourite Searches feature to conduct automatic searches for potentially infringing items. Favourite Searches enables you to create up to fifteen automatic searches using search terms you provide. You can designate three of these searches to be automatically emailed to you. Our system will automatically notify you on a daily basis of any new listings posted which contain any terms in your three selected searches. You can use sophisticated Boolean logic searches just like with our main search engine. The easiest way to set up this feature is to perform a search using eBay's main search engine here, and then clicking "save this search" at the bottom of the search results. You'll need to be a member of eBay to use Favourite Searches. You can go directly to your Favourite Searches by clicking here.
Old 08-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Thanks for the reply BlueMoon.

Those pages were for the ebay India site.

It seems there is no formal application process.

You just fax in a ebay NOCI (Notice of Claimed Infringement) report

From the ebay.com vero page :

WARNING EBAY LINK
Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (VeRO)

Step One:

If you have a good faith belief that a listing on eBay infringes your copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, all you need to do is fill out our Notice of Claimed Infringement (NOCI) form, print it out, and fax it to eBay. Open eBay's NOCI form.

Note: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view and print our NOCI form. You can download a free copy at Adobe's Web site.

Step Two:

After we receive your first NOCI, eBay will send you an electronic version of our NOCI form as well as instructions on how to submit future reports electronically.

Step Three:

We encourage you to educate eBay users about your products and legal positions by creating an "About Me" page. We have found that many of our users cease listing potentially infringing items when presented with such information.

Learn how to set up your About Me page. Once you have posted your About Me page, send us an email and we will include it in our list of Intellectual Property Rights Owner About Me pages.

Here is the link to the US NOCI Form in pdf format

WARNING EBAY LINK
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/NOCI1.pdf

The ebay fax # Fax Number: (408) 516-8811

Wow!

I thought there was some sort of verification process.

No wonder so many get booted from ebay by vero,
you can nuke any competitor easy.

Ebay is so screwed up.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Cynic For This Useful Post:
appleip1 (12-21-2019)
Old 08-31-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

That is for a one off report. ebay checks deeper if you want the chance to report more. Think carefully about exposing a stealth account to anything like this
Closed Thread