has anybody been sued? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default has anybody been sued?

i know a guy that was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ lacoste clothes on ebay... he was sued by locoste in 3 weeks... he was banned from ebay and paypal and had to pay $5000 dollars...

has any body been sued before by selling stuff on ebay?

cause i also sell name brand stuff... but should i be aware of anything or can anybody give me the heads up... like give me some advice on what i should do...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Best thing would be to go read the subforum here about VeRo. Outright I would not recommend selling brand names. BUT in fairness to you, I am sure that if you research that subforum you will get a good idea.
There have been users here threatened with legal action. I know only of one
user who has had this actually happen. She is tabberone Others have alleged that they were sued but offered no further proof.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/suspens...hts-owner.html
There is other info there that will help.
Also go to your User CP and put your location there. ebay around the world has different requirements : when we know the location the answers might be better. I would imagine that you have been asked to do that before today?

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-01-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

yes, you can get sued if you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. If you are selling the real deal you should be okay.
Old 01-02-2009
Threadstarter  

i live in Florida.. but i sell stuff that is basically the same product how can they find out if it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 01-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

?Lacoste? The company has been after sellers for quite some time. The staff are skilled at picking up the differences between the shirts. EG, buttons, buttonholes are one part of the shirt that stand out. If the company is monitoring listings on ebay (AND it does) there is a reasonable chance of being found out. Read this from ebay

eBay View About Me for lacoste_alligator

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-02-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
yes, you can get sued if you are selling news. If you are selling the real deal you should be okay.
That is not entirely correct. Many of the brand name companies object to the
on-selling of their goods.
Old 01-02-2009
Threadstarter  

well i am not selling lacoste i am going to sell software....

anybody have any advice on this?

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-03-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2009

Longevity: 89%

What do you mean by getting "sued' , Did they get a letter from one of the Cyber Cops that patrol ebay for the vERO or was it a 'Ceast and Desist' letter also requesting/demanding payment ?.... Also Greenbean is correct TABBERONE has some of the best info you will find .. I got a letter from a company wanting $7500- , i took it to my cousin who is a Attorney and he advised me to ignore it and wait till they actually serve me with papers for a filed legal suit which after a year has never happened .... Also the items i was selling were 'deadstock' merchandise from the mid-1990's -so what oftens happens is the company running the vero for the trademark owner often does not have a clue if something does not look like it was manufactured in the last few years .
Old 01-02-2009

Longevity: 98%

Even if you sold perfectly legit items, if they dump a million dollars in lawyers in a lawsuit against you, then you have to do that, too or you lose.
Old 01-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

if you are worried, why dont you sell under false address details?
Old 01-02-2009
Threadstarter  

that is what i am going to do sell under new names and everything... but with that way i am going to have to know when to take my money out before paypal locks my account...

yea and it was not me that got sued i dont know all of the details

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-03-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
That is not entirely correct. Many of the brand name companies object to the
on-selling of their goods.

Coach (the handbag & accessory company) will serve you with a "cease and desist" letter if they find out that you are reselling their handbags on ebay or anywhere else online. They will also ban you from buying at any of their full price boutiques or from any of their factory store outlets. There have been many posts/discussions on the ebay handbag forum regarding this. Many ebay buyers lives hours away from the outlets and can get good buys on ebay, especially on discontinued styles. Coach does not want this reselling of their product to be happening as they say it diminishes the product.

Coach has computers that are all connected to every one of their physical stores, outlets, and online stores. When you use a credit card to purchase, Coach keeps track by date of all your purchases, styles and quantities. If they suspect that you are purchasing too much and think that you are re-selling it, they prepare a "ban letter" for you and present it to you the next time you come into one of their stores to purchase. The letter restricts you, and any member of your family, for life, from ever purchasing from Coach again.

The ladies on the purse board have gotten around this by going to different Coach stores to purchase and by only using cash. Even if using only cash, Coach tries to get your name, address and email info. So these innocent buyers must LIE and give a new name each time to the cashier so there is no continuing record. Some locations are known to post pictures of Banned Buyers in their back room in case the banned buyer comes back to try to purchase with cash.

Several other stores and chains are the same, such as Pottery One, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and many, many more, especially the outlet stores. If they find out you are re-selling, you are banned from purchasing and receive a legal "ban letter".

Another problem with Coach, if you ever go into their store and ask to have a handbag authenticated, if you say you got it on ebay, they will tell you it is NOT authentic, even if it is. That is how much they try to control the reselling of their product.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeKem For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (08-07-2012)
Old 01-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

solution: i go in and make a huge purchase, then send my sister to make a huge purchase, then her friend, then her friend's boyfriend, then his sister lol..

i never how far some stores would go to keep their items off the market. they should spend more time finding counterfeits
boxseed (01-03-2009)
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

Isn't what coach does illegal?
Old 01-07-2009

Longevity: 94%

I've got the best idea ever.

Don't sell counterfeits! That was a good one, huh?
Old 01-07-2009

Not sued. But, I did get a letter from a company. This is back when I had no idea about vero and trademarks. I sell soap and candles that I make. My suppliers have duplicates of the big names. I had listed my available scents. I don't remember who it was. But, it was a perfume company. They wanted me to remove all reference to the name and send them any money I made from selling that scent (which was none). I notified them saying that the reference had been removed and I had made no money (which was true). And that was the end of it.
Old 02-02-2009
Threadstarter  

so did u keep on selling?

an i would not sell counterfeits if i had a legit supplier... that did not charge out the ass
Old 02-02-2009

[QUOTE=boxseed;74459]so did u keep on selling?

It was the non seller performance policy and a summer's vacation that got me suspended.
Old 02-02-2009

Sounds like you may have been shutdown by Love Potion. They are a company in my Hall of Shame.
Old 03-27-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKem View Post
Coach (the handbag & accessory company) will serve you with a "cease and desist" letter if they find out that you are reselling their handbags on ebay or anywhere else online. They will also ban you from buying at any of their full price boutiques or from any of their factory store outlets. There have been many posts/discussions on the ebay handbag forum regarding this. Many ebay buyers lives hours away from the outlets and can get good buys on ebay, especially on discontinued styles. Coach does not want this reselling of their product to be happening as they say it diminishes the product.

Coach has computers that are all connected to every one of their physical stores, outlets, and online stores. When you use a credit card to purchase, Coach keeps track by date of all your purchases, styles and quantities. If they suspect that you are purchasing too much and think that you are re-selling it, they prepare a "ban letter" for you and present it to you the next time you come into one of their stores to purchase. The letter restricts you, and any member of your family, for life, from ever purchasing from Coach again.

The ladies on the purse board have gotten around this by going to different Coach stores to purchase and by only using cash. Even if using only cash, Coach tries to get your name, address and email info. So these innocent buyers must LIE and give a new name each time to the cashier so there is no continuing record. Some locations are known to post pictures of Banned Buyers in their back room in case the banned buyer comes back to try to purchase with cash.

Several other stores and chains are the same, such as Pottery One, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and many, many more, especially the outlet stores. If they find out you are re-selling, you are banned from purchasing and receive a legal "ban letter".

Another problem with Coach, if you ever go into their store and ask to have a handbag authenticated, if you say you got it on ebay, they will tell you it is NOT authentic, even if it is. That is how much they try to control the reselling of their product.
That's good information I live near 2 Outlet centers, I will never use credit card again.
Old 03-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

you need to make sure the "letter" from the company is even letter. Many times its just someone trying to scare you out of money. Most times you can write a letter back to them (using a format posted online) to silence them.

If you are using a stealth account u should be ok. My advice is not to sell counterfeit vero items at all and avoid all this.
The Following User Says Thank You to aking For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-27-2009)
Old 04-01-2009

If you are selling legit items and can prove it it doesn't matter how many lawyers they have. Right is right.

M&M/Mars served me with a 396 page 4 lb lawsuit and when I fought back they caved.
Closed Thread