MC019 eBay Listing Removed: Copyright Violation - Unauthorized Item CHALLENGED! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Just make sure you put in your auctions that they are 100% original, we don't sell bootlegs of any kind..no cdr's etc etc etc etc...

Its also a good idea to use ebay's upc info if possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
Lyda (05-05-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2009

Longevity: 87%

I just had a MC019 today and got suspended for 7 days. First suspension with 626 100% FB. Do you guys think I will be reinstated after 7 days. I have about 3-4 BS vero violations in the last 4 months.
Old 04-27-2009

Longevity: 86%
Angry Ebay did the same thing to me!!!

Same thing happened to me,i have been selling on Ebay for over a year and recently they took down 3 of the dvd's i was selling because of "Copyright Violations",of course all the dvd's were origionals and were listed as such but Ebay couldn't care less.I sent a message to them disputing the Copyright Violation and they sent me the exact same email you got,word for word.Then yesterday i try to log into my account and BLOCKED,my account has been suspended!Ebay took down more movies i was selling because of "Copyright Violations",i couldn't believe what happened,for no good reason they took down legal dvd's AGAIN,they were never listed as copies,they were listed as origionals,there was nothing in the listing that even hinted at bootlegs!I sent customer service an email once again disputing the Copyright Violations,i was willing to send any proof needed to show these dvd's are 100% legal,then a few hours later i get the SAME EXACT EMAIL they sent me before!!!I have tried over and over again to clear this up,i ask them why they thought these movies were bootlegs,i tell them i can prove the movies are legal and ask them to restore my account,they send me the same message

"I can't tell you exactly why it was removed for security
reasons. But I took another look at it, and I see that we removed it
because it had certain things in common with listings that aren't
allowed on eBay. Because of this, we won't be able to restore the
listing."

I am DONE with Ebay!!!
Old 04-27-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

change up the listing..possibly misspell key words...what happens is that some competitor reports your listing or a listing like yours in the past and ebay captures the title. that captured title is then killed by the ebay "bots" every time going forward and the humans at ebay just follow whatever the bots say. ebay is run by bots!!!! i bet John Donahoe is a robot under human skin.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
Mrbob7777 (04-27-2009)
Old 04-27-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
Just make sure you put in your auctions that they are 100% original, we don't sell bootlegs of any kind..no cdr's etc etc etc etc...

Its also a good idea to use ebay's upc info if possible.
Thanks Ebaykilla! I may try this, but not sure if its really worth it as it seems CDs are as risky in Ebay eyes as what I am selling.
Old 04-27-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i only sell cds....
Old 04-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

OH I HATE THAT!!!

listing."

Thats the most f*cked up thing I have ever heard!!
Old 05-05-2009

Default Just beat them at thier own game....

It would be easier to have MANY (multiple accounts) w/egay (-mac / ip - addy disguise)r) and multiple PayPal or (Moneybookers) accounts. This way if one went down #%!#@$ em! ;c)! Only thing that really blows is that once a listing is removed and if you have buyers who have paid through moneybookers than your lost on who purchased what - addresses etc.. etc.. Unless you keep the (auto generated email) from eBay and then ask what their mailing address is for (confirmation) before you can mail the item! Still much easier to keep those accounts active than PayPAls - Keep (different) styles of your listings and (different) titles as well. At first it may be confusing w/multiples but spreadsheets come in handy. And a good money tracker as well.

Seems as if eBay F#@$ over the good guys more than the bad guys. So you need to think like a bad guy just to make a buck. It is very sad I know. But that's how it works these days.

PayPal blows now more and more for sellers. ASK ANY OF THEM!! ESPECIALLY NEW ONES!! 21 day hold? ARE YOU SERIOUS?
But anyhow people REED BETWEEN THE LINES HERE! ;c). Hope it helps.
Old 05-06-2009

Yeah...before this past weekend you would see all kinds of DVD sellers on things like popular TV shows. Now...Hardly anything! Apparently some crazy $3!* went down with ebay this weekend. I too got suspended for legit stuff...Uggghhh! Anyone else get lots of listings pulled or suspended this weekend?
Old 05-07-2009

Arrow

Never had any accounts suspended for more than a couple weeks but lost out twice on selling P90X on an account - (legit copies) this last weekend so I feel for you. They tell me it was a VERO member & gave me the email to contact.. I contacted _ NO response. And this so called "vero members" email looks fishy to me (real fishy)! I honestly think that anyone can send eBay "legal copyright disclaimer forms" as a VERO member stating they are the copyright holder and to remove the listing.

I did receive an email from eBay stating that their policies have changed. TO WHERE: they have basically adapted PayPals (really their own) protection. I do not know why eBay is making it so hard for true sellers to sell items now. Must be receiving more and more heat from copyright holders. China is getting some really good copies these days and would almost be impossible to tell the difference with out calling the manufacturers with a serial number for verification. But as much grief as eBay is causing for new sellers and even past POWER sellers! I do not see them keeping profits as high as past years negate.

Already too many to count have started moving away from PayPal. Which is a huge loss for eBay. Now we will just start slowly migrating elsewhere. I know after you pass 90 days with amazon there is no more escrow. Like PayPal's 21 day hold. I will probably look into that. Also further, look into more auction sites. There are plenty available. Plus if eBay is adapting their own PayPal dispute policies this means big trouble for sellers as buyers are quick to try and scam. I have been fortunate on keeping up with the scammers and beating them before they can take the money and the items. But then again I always have customers sign. And keep track of all product/serial #'s for the items I sell.

You would think that eBay making 1500-2500 per month from one seller with 10k's of positive feedback's received - they would leave them alone and trust their status says enough for the products they sell. But they don't.
This is a few more of the many reasons you need to think like an eBay thief just to make a buck! And screw the sellers who are arses and can't stand comp. so they flag listings! You know who you are if your reading this. (dick)!

Have a friend who recently listed there old sidekick so to have some money to purchase a new G1. (SOMEHOW) The listing was violated twice. (Used there own pictures) EVERYTHING LEGIT!! I told them to do a 1 day listing on Saturday with a cheap price just to get rid of it so to have the extra money they needed. They did 3 hours later it worked. But then was hit with 21 day hold. Had to wait a month just to get there new phone. Never sold on eBay before but had 150 purchase feedback's received!! Lucky for them I had an iPhone 3g I had not listed yet sitting around he could use. I felt bad knowing what he was going through as we do on a daily basis.
Old 06-27-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbob7777 View Post
Same thing happened to me,i have been selling on Ebay for over a year and recently they took down 3 of the dvd's i was selling because of "Copyright Violations",of course all the dvd's were origionals and were listed as such but Ebay couldn't care less.I sent a message to them disputing the Copyright Violation and they sent me the exact same email you got,word for word.Then yesterday i try to log into my account and BLOCKED,my account has been suspended!Ebay took down more movies i was selling because of "Copyright Violations",i couldn't believe what happened,for no good reason they took down legal dvd's AGAIN,they were never listed as copies,they were listed as origionals,there was nothing in the listing that even hinted at bootlegs!I sent customer service an email once again disputing the Copyright Violations,i was willing to send any proof needed to show these dvd's are 100% legal,then a few hours later i get the SAME EXACT EMAIL they sent me before!!!I have tried over and over again to clear this up,i ask them why they thought these movies were bootlegs,i tell them i can prove the movies are legal and ask them to restore my account,they send me the same message

listing."

I am DONE with Ebay!!!
what dvds were you selling?
Old 07-14-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster View Post
I had some Vero problems with cd's in the past. Ever since eBay seller Roastbeastmusic's trial I haven't received a single Vero complaint.

Link to the court case here --> UMG v. Augusto | Electronic Frontier Foundation

When I would receive a Vero removal all I did was fill out the counter-notice form and fax it to eBay. In every case the Vero complaint was removed and I was free to list my item again.

Link to the counter-notice form --> http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...tice2003.shtml

eBay makes it very difficult to find out about the counter-notice form. If you search for it on their site all you'll find is this paragraph...

#

Filing a Copyright Counter Notice. For listings that have been removed at the request of the rights owner for copyright infringement, you may have the option of filing a Counter Notice with eBay if you feel that your listings were removed in error and you have not been able to come to an agreement with the rights owner.

A Counter Notice is a form provided by eBay in compliance with the requirements of the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The form is a legal document that requires you to, among other things, certify under sworn penalty of perjury that your listings were not infringing and were removed by mistake or misidentification. When you sign a Counter Notice, you will also have to consent to federal jurisdiction and service of process. Please read this form carefully, so you fully understand what you agree to if you choose to submit it to eBay.

Once a valid Counter Notice is submitted, eBay will provide a copy of the notice to the reporting party and will advise them that the listings will be reinstated after 10 business days if we do not hear from the reporting party that they have filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from re-listing the items.

If you are interested in filing a counter notification, please click on the “email us” link below and provide us with additional information regarding your appeal.

#

No link to the form at all, how nice of them.

Like I said I faxed in that form every time and only once would they not remove the strike and allow me to re-list. That time the complaint came from the Web Sheriff and eBay claimed the DMCA didn't apply since the complaining party was from outside the U.S. The Web Sheriff is based in England.

The wording of the counter-notice is legally intimidating, but selling cd's is not illegal. The Roastbeastmusic case has upheld that.
Does anyone know if this method works with a stealth account? I'm wanting to submit one, but don't want to get myself suspended. I sell genuine merchandise, but recently got gunned down by my competition. I'ts not VERO, it's an eBay member of such.

Any help will be appreciated.
Closed Thread