What is the best way to go about initiating a refund ?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-11-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default What is the best way to go about initiating a refund ??

I just started to put extra time into Amazon so this question may be a little basic.

I recently sold 50+ of the same item in the last month and I have no complaints perfect everything all metrics are 0 and green.

Two days ago a buyer messaged me, saying that the description says carrying case included, and they did not receive a case.

So when I went to the buyers message, above the message it has the buyers items sold with the description right there which I copy and pasted it to the reply box

And clearly stated what was included and at the end I put in all caps CASE NOT INCLUDED and that was in the description and also on the packaging slip enclosed with the item.

Now today I get two more messages where the buyers all upset, saying that it was made in China and threatening me with a neg feedback

Now in all three of the messages they never asked for a refund return that one time I just answered the question about carrying case

I would like to say just about everything is made in China what does that have to do with it but I just replied something along the lines of simply return and I'll be happy to give you a full refund

Am I going about this the right way there is no refund initiated is there something that I should say that they need to initiate a refund

So as of now I just let them know if they're not happy with the item return it and I'm happy to give a full refund what's the best course of action that I should take here?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: What is the best way to go about initiating a refund ??

I think because you are listed your item on other people listing and the original list said included the carrying case, is that right?

Most of buyer DON'T read your condition detail note, they are just read the main description and click on the cheapest seller and buy it.

I would ask if the buyer want return for full refund with prepaid shipping label to send it back.
Old 08-11-2014

Longevity: 67%

Its true most buyers done read the condition note and details and sometimes if you use a smartphone to buy on amazon the condition note isnt really visible so buyers miss out on it
I would say if the item is cheap youre better off giving a refund and give a prepaid label to ship back.its a small or negligible loss compared to the value of the account in good standing
Old 08-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes I have no problem refunding , just how do I go about this

Should I just go to the order and click refund
Old 08-11-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Personally if they are reasonably low value items, I would send them a nice apologetic email and let them keep the items with a full refund as you are less likely to get a neg.

Due to the reasons that Tony and Alim have pointed out, It is important on AMz to supply EXACTLY what is described on the main page to prevent problems like this in the future.

Excessive refunds will also have a negative impact on your metrics but they will be easier to recover from than negative feedback.

The health and longevity of your account should be key here.

M

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
The Following User Says Thank You to metatrade For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-15-2014)
Old 08-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

OP, just want to answer the question you ask in PM here.

You can use USPS to print the prepaid label and send it as attachment via amazon communication.

But before you do. Get communicate with buyer to agree in term or something.

If a low value item just ask for partial refund is the better way to handle.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
OP, just want to answer the question you ask in PM here.

You can use USPS to print the prepaid label and send it as attachment via amazon communication.

But before you do. Get communicate with buyer to agree in term or something.

If a low value item just ask for partial refund is the better way to handle.
Thank you the item is $127.00 I have no problem refunding them and told them already, they just still haven't responded

Just the one email about the description, and I copied and pasted it on the reply

And than they came back with nonsense threatenng negative feedback if they were stuck with that
So I responded we have no issue with giving a full refund for your purchase, once the item is returned we will issue a refund with shipping included

And that was this morning I haven't heard anything back yet
Old 08-12-2014

Longevity: 73%

So they did not initiate a return request?

Many customers don't read the message from AZ, thinking its a promotion or something.
You could try to send them a text message since AZ provides the phone numbers, thats what I ususally do.
Something like "Please check your emails regarding order # bla bla
Old 08-12-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronengriffharry View Post
So they did not initiate a return request?

Many customers don't read the message from AZ, thinking its a promotion or something.
You could try to send them a text message since AZ provides the phone numbers, thats what I ususally do.
Something like "Please check your emails regarding order # bla bla
Still no response at all since yesterday morning I responded saying I'd be happy to refund you in full , we accept returns

They first got made because there was no case, and I jus copied and parsed the description for the reply

And than they came back with the dumbest reply saying it says the item is new , it says made in china, if I get stuck with this I'm going to leave a negative feedback

It obviously sounds like a little kid, that is upset that they read the description wrong and that comment about china just made me laugh since almost everything is made in china what does that have to do with being new?

But I'm not sure why they haven't mentioned once , in 3 emails a simple I like to return this item

And when I said I'd happily accept their return and give a full refund that was it nothing

I'm wondering if they were just trying to use the threat of negative feedback to keep the item and get a refund

I been selling 4 a day this month and not one complaint

Sounds like an eBay customer not Amazon
Old 08-13-2014

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post

Sounds like an eBay customer not Amazon
They are everywhere
Old 08-13-2014
Threadstarter  

It's weird still no response or nothing, I'm thinking they just wanted to try and get it for free
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Kindly send a friendly reminder.
Old 08-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Due to the reasons that Tony and Alim have pointed out, It is important on AMz to supply EXACTLY what is described on the main page to prevent problems like this in the future

it's not just important, it's required by Amazon. Amazon does not allow selling on a listing and using the condition notes to report differences in your product and the listing details (there shouldn't be any differences). When I saw that she threatened negative feedback, I was going to suggest that you email Amazon and report feedback extortion. But now that it seems you used the condition notes to do this, you need to handle it delicately to avoid Amazon giving you a mark on the account for doing what you did.

When you issue refund, choose "buyer changed mind" or whatever it is called now. Also, do the refund manually, avoid asking buyer to request refund through system. She might go ahead and pick one of the return reasons that will go on your account as a defect.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
TonyAlmeida (08-14-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks I didn't realize that you needed to go with what is on the main listing

I sold 62 of these items so far and this was the first complaint.

@tonyA yea I'll send a reminder today , they just completely went quiet for a couple days , but I'll make sure again that I'll be happy to accept there return for a full refund, and reimburse all shipping charges as well
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

No problem. Just want to make sure it doesn't turn into an friendly email from the bot thugs at seller performance. You simply can't use the condition notes to note differences like that in general. I suppose if you are selling a camera, for example, you could list it in "acceptable" condition and say it's missing the lens cap or something. I think "acceptable" is the required condition whenever it's missing ANYTHING beyond minor paperwork.

Last edited by ovidiu; 08-14-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-14-2014
Threadstarter  

That's what I have an electronic device that's brand new with stickers on it , everything but the carrying case and like I said I just had one problem and I'm not sure what there motive was , I reminded them last night like tonyA had said and still it's like 3 days with no response from them, as soon as I said I accept returns and will give a full refund reimbursing all shipping charges, that was it
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Did you check the main list? Does it include the carrying case?

As the buyer myself, with some small problem like this and the seller act like caring for the customer, I will let it go away. If the seller try to cover their a$$ by prove this and that, I will try to get the carrying case just because I want it

I think you should move on and don't worry about it till you hear something from buyer.
Old 08-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Yea I'm not going to message them a 3rd time, that's plenty

Like I was saying I didn't realize that you needed to go with what the main listing said, and it doesn't matter what your listing says

Now I'll now for next time

After I was made aware it had the main listing and than it says other sellers with new and used and I seen my name clicked on the listing and it was nice and clear on exactly what you get , I put the line twice in all caps carrying case not included. And than I also I had what is included

But I know someone else was also saying that cell phones don't see the listings like u would see them on a tablet or computer, and it's against the rules to change the listing that u make into yours anyway

I'm all done selling this one product, I had little over 60 and that was the only one out of all questioning the case, besides the rules if u looked Att the listing it was very clear on what was included, but I did not look at it from a mobile phone, and the pictures also don't include the case

So because once you got to my listing which was very clear, and the pictures did not show any case , than I guess that's why I didn't have any problems

But I know for next time