Ebay limit raise after PayPaL got limited for 180 days? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 07-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Ebay limit raise after PayPaL got limited for 180 days?

I have experienced some crazy events the past few days with eBay and PayPal.

I have a 3 months old stealth eBay account with 100 items / 5 k limit,
I have been doing well even though I have been selling high risk items, I managed to stay under the radar and did not have any listing pulled, I have over 150 transactions and 10k in sales, 5.0 DSR and no disputes and I met all the top rated requirements.

All of the sudden I have received an email from PayPal requesting TAX id number after hitting 10k US dollars on PayPal, I logged in and surprisingly there was an option that says if you are not a US citizen and not eligible click continue to skip, I did that because I have a Canadian account and I did not have to provide any info, my account was back to normal.

During that time I was selling on eBay, then two days later I received a PayPal email saying that my account has been limited for 180 days with no appeal because what I am selling high risk items on eBay.

After the suspension I thought my eBay account was done, a couple hours later, I have received a message from eBay saying how good I have been doing and that my limit has been increasing from 5000 to 9500.

I thought maybe I get to keep my account and use a different PayPal or payment method but two hours later I receive another email from eBay with an indefinite selling restriction.

All the hard work is gone out the window, I knew this was coming, but I did not think that PayPal would be making the first move.

Now my concern is how to avoid this from happening, should I try not to hit 10k sales with PayPal, I have another eBay account with 8K sales, can I basically change the PayPal account in the listing to avoid going over 10k with that same PayPal account, or that would get the account suspended,

Was that like a one time thing where someone reviewed my PayPal account and put the hammer on it, or I should just spread sales with multiple accounts and try not to hit the 10k mark.

Any help would be appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Ebay limit raise after PayPaL got limited for 180 days?

Many members have made 10k in a year on a single account and never had any issues, myself included.

Still, it's generally advisable not to put all your eggs in one basket.

In my opinion it was the high risk items that did you in. In fact, eBay told you so yourself.

Its a lot different to have 10k in sales in 6 months selling Aquarium accessories such as fish food, nets, and little plastic divers, for example, than to make 10k in 6 months selling boxed set DVD's.

These are just examples, but I think you get my point.

Best practice is to only do a LITTLE "high risk" activity per each account. And on some, don't do any at all. That way you ALWAYS have a fall-back plan.

I'd advise phoning eBay and trying to appeal your suspension. I have had MANY suspensions overturned by being persistent with my calls.
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Different payment like Skrill would work but would take trying to get customers to use it - some are resistant.
Old 07-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Many members have made 10k in a year on a single account and never had any issues, myself included.

Still, it's generally advisable not to put all your eggs in one basket.

In my opinion it was the high risk items that did you in. In fact, eBay told you so yourself.

Its a lot different to have 10k in sales in 6 months selling Aquarium accessories such as fish food, nets, and little plastic divers, for example, than to make 10k in 6 months selling boxed set DVD's.

These are just examples, but I think you get my point.

Best practice is to only do a LITTLE "high risk" activity per each account. And on some, don't do any at all. That way you ALWAYS have a fall-back plan.

I'd advise phoning eBay and trying to appeal your suspension. I have had MANY suspensions overturned by being persistent with my calls.
Thank you for the advice, I agree what happened has a lot to do with what I am selling, even though it's legit and customers are happy, I have met all the top rated requirements and was doing well on eBay and got a limit raise, but PayPal picked up on it.

After thinking about it, I think this particular PayPal account was under review from the start, maybe PayPal put some new accounts in a review category randomly, this one was one of them, because every payment I have received was being under review and payments that I have received outside of PayPal had the 21 day hold,

I have a second account that I am using and I am doing the exact same thing, I don't have a 21 day hold outside eBay and no payment is being under review, now I have reached 8k on that account, we ll see if I exceed 10k and the same thing happens, that means I have to spread my sales on different accounts and try not to reach 10k, but perhaps it was a one time thing.
Old 07-19-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Different payment like Skrill would work but would take trying to get customers to use it - some are resistant.
I agree, unfortunately customers think that only PayPal is the safest to use and have no knowledge about other payments methods that are available, it would be very difficult to convince customers to use different payment methods.
Old 07-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Thank you for the advice, I agree what happened has a lot to do with what I am selling, even though it's legit and customers are happy, I have met all the top rated requirements and was doing well on eBay and got a limit raise, but PayPal picked up on it.

After thinking about it, I think this particular PayPal account was under review from the start, maybe PayPal put some new accounts in a review category randomly, this one was one of them, because every payment I have received was being under review and payments that I have received outside of PayPal had the 21 day hold,

I have a second account that I am using and I am doing the exact same thing, I don't have a 21 day hold outside eBay and no payment is being under review, now I have reached 8k on that account, we ll see if I exceed 10k and the same thing happens, that means I have to spread my sales on different accounts and try not to reach 10k, but perhaps it was a one time thing.
That's a very interesting theory. I too, have noticed some PayPal accounts are randomly "limited" from the start. Not officially, but with holds, etc. I make them the same way everytime, so it's interesting....hopefully a more experienced member will comment their thoughts. Jeff Weico?
Old 07-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
I agree, unfortunately customers think that only PayPal is the safest to use and have no knowledge about other payments methods that are available, it would be very difficult to convince customers to use different payment methods.
Research CCNow - they accept PP but again, you would need to invoice customers separately