Reporting a dropshipper - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Reporting a dropshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
So basically your just a cry-baby, well you can report them via the "report item" link on their listing.
That was my assessment too.

There's enough money for everyone on eBay. Snitching somebody out for doing something better than you sounds kind of lame to me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
That was my assessment too.

There's enough money for everyone on eBay. Snitching somebody out for doing something better than you sounds kind of lame to me.
Yea, for people who do online arbitrage and what sooner or later they will be unable to fulfill orders or someone will mess something up. It really is for the most part a doomed business model.

With regards to reporting people. I am not a big fan but if someone comes into my marketplace and tries to flood it with Counterfeit products and I buy from Licensed dealers. I am going to alert the proper people. Its 2016 there are lots of options for private labeled products. Its much different than years ago. Not to mention the various people on here I have talked to whom DHS raided their home or place of work.
Old 10-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Arbitrage is a doomed business model? Think there might be a lot of people who disagree on that one
Old 10-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

The only time I report a seller is if they use my exact pictures, edit my pictures and brand as their own, copy exact titles when using a variation of y pictures and copy my exact description style.

Basically, if a stealthy user tries to represent themselves as me. Ebay takes the listings down immediately.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
Arbitrage is a doomed business model? Think there might be a lot of people who disagree on that one
Not as much for eBay anymore but that one late shipping time for Amazon could be a problem. I got a friend who sells book on half.com all his customers are arbitrage. Lol. It may work for a while even a year or two. Good luck making a career out of it.
Old 10-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%

Lots of different ways to dropship, I've been doing it for 8-9 years. Wish somebody told me it was destined to failure back then

Old 10-29-2016

Longevity: 73%

What exactly are you going to report them for? Paying for lots of listings? Drop-shipping? Drop-shipping isn't against Eb rules.

Nobody is going to care, and if/when this guy messes up the bots will get him.

Concentrate on making your own business a success, instead of wasting your time on what other people are doing.
Old 10-31-2016

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

Under ebay's rules it is perfectly fine to dropship as a seller. However, as a buyer, you will run into breaking paypals limited verified address rules. I recently caught a dropseller on the buy side of the transaction that tried to screw me changing the address. Needless to say, it did not work out in his favor to harass me about keeping up with all the tracking that he was double relaying.

So far as simply being a seller that dropships, that is the nature of the beast. It is competition. You have to figure out how to be economical with the demand and just bare it.
Old 10-31-2016

Longevity: 54%

You know..... I do not agree with any of these comments on here - I would do the following.

Create a new basic account, send him a message about his multiple lisitngs of the same item and let him know that you know he is drop-shipping and to keep his prices realistic.
Give him 12-24 hours to comply.
If he complies then it is almost fair trading and would not be nice to report him.

If not then report the idiot!
You can report his listings under the search manipulation policy, using the report button.
You can also highlight him as a drop shipper by looking at his item location and shipping time it takes to receive that item - this will usually be much more than those items held domestically.

Judging by some of the reply's to this thread - I think some of the people on here are not running a eBay business, they are doing hit and run, in it for a quick buck mentality, which is what spoils eBay really.

Also those that have replied you, may not know you maybe phisically holding the stock, paying for warehouse, staff, other business costs etc etc etc.

While these guys come across and bomb in to the market place, spoil everything, even for the genuine buyer and then move on ....... nah...I would never let them get a way with that.
Tell him nicely, explain to him the impact of his behaviour, and if he does not comply and dont stop till he is dead an buried.

If you want to make absoloute sure that eBay sit up and take notice, message all the other genuine sellers, tell them what this guy is doing and have them report him also.
This will then mount up against him and bang! - He is gone.

One more thing, when you do this, dont loose any sleep over it.
Old 10-31-2016

Longevity: 43%

^^Seems a bit extreme to go through all that trouble to report someone who isn't even violating policies. I can understand the frustration if he's undercutting you on price, but if it is a case of dropshipping you should be able to beat him on shipping time as well as other metrics directly related to having the physical product. This should help in the search rankings, and as others have said you can always just wait this out.

If you're concerned on price, you could try reaching out to the seller and pointing out that there's no reason to short themselves but I don't think there is any grounds to report. I would be surprised if eBay did anything given that any time the dropshipper is making $$, so are they.
Old 11-01-2016

I would agree with most of TN says, but if he was trying to beat you on price and ruining you on margins, then I would report him.
Also multiple listings of the same item is considered as spamming the category which does go against policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2016 View Post
^^Seems a bit extreme to go through all that trouble to report someone who isn't even violating policies. I can understand the frustration if he's undercutting you on price, but if it is a case of dropshipping you should be able to beat him on shipping time as well as other metrics directly related to having the physical product. This should help in the search rankings, and as others have said you can always just wait this out.

If you're concerned on price, you could try reaching out to the seller and pointing out that there's no reason to short themselves but I don't think there is any grounds to report. I would be surprised if eBay did anything given that any time the dropshipper is making $$, so are they.
Old 11-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
I would agree with most of TN says, but if he was trying to beat you on price and ruining you on margins, then I would report him.
Also multiple listings of the same item is considered as spamming the category which does go against policy.
So basically you report anyone who beats you in price? seems childish to me. If you can't compete then find something else to sell. You going to report people for having better pictures, better descriptions also? pffff....

Is this what you look like when someone beats you in price?
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
sax4 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-01-2016

Longevity: 53%

I made $10,000 the last two months drop shipping. Had 2 issues out of 950 sales, pretty sweet, click click and make $10-40.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
sax4 (11-04-2016)
Old 11-01-2016

I like your sense of humour! lol

What I was saying was based on what was described, if he is drop shipping and not severely undercutting on price and not have 50 listings of the same item to spam the category, then I would have no issues.

But if is severely undercutting and got 50 listings trying to catch all possible sales- then yes I would report him - I would not hesitate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
So basically you report anyone who beats you in price? seems childish to me. If you can't compete then find something else to sell. You going to report people for having better pictures, better descriptions also? pffff....

Is this what you look like when someone beats you in price?
Old 11-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

thanks! but seriously I wish I could remove every Chinese seller that ever competed with me, and honestly....it gets harder and harder to compete with Chinese Sellers.
Quote:
I like your sense of humour! lol

What I was saying was based on what was described, if he is drop shipping and not severely undercutting on price and not have 50 listings of the same item to spam the category, then I would have no issues.

But if is severely undercutting and got 50 listings trying to catch all possible sales- then yes I would report him - I would not hesitate.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
yankee (11-01-2016)
Old 11-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

"Snitches belong in ditches"

By: Some dead guy

Just a joke peeps....
Old 11-02-2016

Must of been his final will and testamount!
Lol !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
"Snitches belong in ditches"

By: Some dead guy

Just a joke peeps....
Old 11-03-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
You know..... I do not agree with any of these comments on here - I would do the following.

Create a new basic account, send him a message about his multiple lisitngs of the same item and let him know that you know he is drop-shipping and to keep his prices realistic.
Give him 12-24 hours to comply.
If he complies then it is almost fair trading and would not be nice to report him.

If not then report the idiot!
So you are advocating price fixing or report him?
Old 11-03-2016

Longevity: 45%

What are you selling??
Old 11-03-2016

I have got together with other sellers and set up an agreement of price brackets - in other words fixing the price of an item where there were 520,000 other sellers for that type of item.
It worked very very well for around 10 weeks.
It also allowed us to compare notes so as we can better understand eBay's algorithm and start to apply that knowledge in other products/categories.

So far on this forum its seems a lot of people with a mentality of "Hit & Run" either the genuine buyer, ebay or paypal or VERO items.
I have yet to see any threads on here by other sellers who do not fall in the above.
Fixing prices should be done at every opportunity as otherwise, the only
other people that gain anything are PayPal and eBay.

Your thick as horse s**t if you do not believe that everything in your everyday life is not fixed. Most industries are operated by a cartel of companies and if you have ever purchased an Apple product, just one single one in the last 15 years, then you have bought in to price fixing and rewarded Apple for such a policy.

Please no whining about price fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
So you are advocating price fixing or report him?
Old 11-03-2016

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
I have got together with other sellers and set up an agreement of price brackets - in other words fixing the price of an item where there were 520,000 other sellers for that type of item.
It worked very very well for around 10 weeks.
It also allowed us to compare notes so as we can better understand eBay's algorithm and start to apply that knowledge in other products/categories.

So far on this forum its seems a lot of people with a mentality of "Hit & Run" either the genuine buyer, ebay or paypal or VERO items.
I have yet to see any threads on here by other sellers who do not fall in the above.
Fixing prices should be done at every opportunity as otherwise, the only
other people that gain anything are PayPal and eBay.

Your thick as horse s**t if you do not believe that everything in your everyday life is not fixed. Most industries are operated by a cartel of companies and if you have ever purchased an Apple product, just one single one in the last 15 years, then you have bought in to price fixing and rewarded Apple for such a policy.

Please no whining about price fixing.
It's amusing that you criticize the "hit & run" mentality of users here while you advocate breaking federal law. Good luck with your defense of everyone does it.
Old 11-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin100 View Post
What are you selling??
Lol, thats like asking "whats your DOB and SSN"