Test case - Abusing a new Stealth account... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-30-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher
Default Re: Test case - Abusing a new Stealth account...

Ive learned this from simply burning through accts lol

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-30-2017

Longevity: 81%
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando534 View Post
-----
They didn't limit the account for that motive alone. It was all the unusual behavior of listing, selling, submitting offers and contacting multiple sellers using a brand new account with no history in a very short period of time.
No being a true Finesse king tells me they blocked u because u sold items then tried to buy iPhone

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

First off, let me say, great post and details. Thanks for sharing with the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando534 View Post
So I submitted a bunch of offers to sellers (10 to 15 offers) and this point eBay sent me a message stating that my account was on hold.

I decided to call eBay to see if they could help. I had all the information for my stealth account in front of me. The phone number used to create the account was still active and I used a softphone app to call them, so same number would show up on their caller ID.
Excellent tactic. Always helps to have the "verified" number you used to create the account when calling eBay. It helps eBay know you are who you say you are (LOL).

Quote:
pulled up the address on google maps just in case they would ask questions such as nearby street names or what color the house I lived in was and etc... I also had a weather report for the zip and current time for that time zone, just in case they ask. Turns out, they never asked...
They can only ask specific questions if your name is in the database, i.e. your name, address, etc all match that of a real person with public records (such as utility bills and a Drivers License.) If you're doing proper stealth, the person won't exist and it's literally impossible for the rep to ask these questions (since the system doesn't know the answers or the questions to ask in the first place)

Quote:
The rep was nice and told me that the account was on hold due to my activity pattern which was unusual for a new account.
Yup, of course.

Quote:
But after checking the 3 feedback I received and all the tracking numbers I've uploaded, he lifted the hold.

I asked if I would have any problems either buying or selling with this account. He said that since I called to resolve, I wouldn't have any further problems as long as I keep providing a good service and don't get any negative feedback.
Exactly. Let's make something clear: eBay would LOVE if every member on their site sold and bought 1000+ items per month. They would LOVE it! What they do NOT like is scammers, unprofessionals, looneys, etc on their site. They have a reputation to maintain as a reliable place to buy and sell goods. If they're overrun with people who scam or provide terrible service, they lose their customers and thus lose profits. As long as you're providing good service and following the rules, they love having you selling on their site. Why wouldn't they?

Quote:
At this point, the account is about 20 days old and still active. I have sold all 10 items so I'm not able to list anything else until a get a limit increase.

I am able to make purchases. No problem with that.

I decided to push my luck again and called to increase my selling limit but the rep told me that I had to wait for the 30 days to be up in order to be eligible.
You can actually call every 25 days (learned that after calling in dozens upon dozens of times across multiple accounts). Try it on day 25. If the rep says you have to wait 30 days, just tell him to see if the system will let him increase it (it will). This only applies if your metrics are standard or above.

The only thing I have to add aside from the above is that, while this is a good test, I don't recommend "abusing" any account, especially a new one. Trying to buy a bunch of iPhones on a new account with limited history is a recipe for disaster. Calling eBay to get a limits increase is common sense.

That said, if you just want to see what you can get away with, the answer is pretty simple: As long as eBay can see evidence that you're not pulling anything shady, they are happy to let you buy and sell on their platform.
Old 05-01-2017

Longevity: 43%

Thanks for the info !!
Really Helpful!
Old 05-01-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

They have a reputation to maintain as a reliable place to buy and sell goods.

wait. Ebay has this reputation?
Old 05-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
wait. Ebay has this reputation?
I don't know about you, but I've never lost money when buying from eBay. Everytime I've had an issue I've gotten a refund. Admittedly, I don't buy from obvious scammers and I have very few issues, but still.
Old 05-02-2017

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I don't know about you, but I've never lost money when buying from eBay. Everytime I've had an issue I've gotten a refund. Admittedly, I don't buy from obvious scammers and I have very few issues, but still.
I've lost money, when I tried to be completely honest, or be nice. And sellers took advantage of that. If I wanted to rip of sellers, I could do it all day every day. Same with buyers. If I didn't care, yeah, I'd never lose money.

And it all depends on what you're buying. I'm in the watch business. I see ⊗⊗⊗⊗ every single day, and they get huge bidding prices. I've reported them to ebay, and no one gives a ****. I've told the sellers, and they didn't give a ****. No one gives a ****.

Last edited by james13v; 05-02-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2017

Longevity: 69%

Great post, always fun to see test cases of people testing soft limits.