Got my first neg - RIP my eBay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-16-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Got my first neg - RIP my eBay account

2 weeks, and 2 problems with my transactions. First buyer claims he never got item, ok, it wasn't that expensive so i didn't even bother arguing against it because i knew i was never gonna win. Guy gets his refund then still has the audacity to leave a neutral rep on my profile. Like why? What do you gain out of that? After a bit of messaging between me and him I leave the dude so speechless he just writes in all caps stop messaging and harassing me or I'll report you to eBay

second one, a bit more expensive item, but instead of contacting me about the "problem" the buyer goes ahead, without any previous contact, just leaves a nasty and harsh neg on my profile. After that I'm sure nobody would want to buy anything from me again. Welcoming myself to the forum lol cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Got my first neg - RIP my eBay account

Hi. Im afraid there are some funny people on ebay. They are so unforgiving and do abuse the feedback. Chin up and carry on. You could try and be extra nice to them and offer some sort of incentive to remove the feedback by a revision request. One neg wont hurt but try not to make a habit of it. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the learning
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Just keep on selling and work on your customer service skills.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (06-16-2015), revenge (06-17-2015)
Old 06-16-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Try not to get worked up over neg and neutral comments.

They are inevitable.

Just provide an efficient service, and be polite at all times (even when they are not being polite to you) and you will be ok 99.99% of the time.
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - start low-end sales with fast shipping and push those feedback off the grid
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 54%

May be the first, but probably wont be the last. The thing I hate is when they leave a positive but give you 1 star to be an asshole...it counts against you.
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 60%

on new accounts "SELL SLOW" then neg feedback wont be a problem
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

DON'T ABANDON THE ACCOUNT!!

Many eBay users do NOT pay any attention to feedback. What I would do is pick some small inexpensive item to sell that you know will be a good seller, and ship them the same day orders are received. In no time, your feedback percentages will come back up and that negative will be buried on page 4 of your feedback pages.

Given the fact that you have not had very many sales, I doubt eBay is going to hit you with the "below standard" warning. Usually that only kicks in once you have had a certain number of sales. Otherwise, anyone who had a negative who sold 5 items would be below standard.

I know it seems crazy, but I have seen sellers getting sales after TERRIBLE feedbacks:

Sold me a COUNTERFEIT COPY of this movie.
Cell Phone WAS STOLEN! BEWARE!!!
Laptop didn't work, seller refused to help, had to open eBay case to get my $$$ back!

I have seen ALL of these, yet buyers STILL buy from these people. So, I wouldn't abandon the account just because of ONE negative.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Dmshark25 (06-16-2015), Lit (06-16-2015)
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 53%

If your account is still active, continue selling. A very few people read feedbacks, as most of people just look at their overall amount, and are too lazy to read them. And, of course, selling tons of cheap stuff like phone cases helps to "heal" the account, as they can't "do not work", and they are very cheap to post, and negative feedbacks just "sink" among tons of positive ones.
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 58%

Dude keep the eBay you will still get customers.
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 54%

I first look at the percentage rating when buying from someone. If it is 99%, I dont even bother reading the feedback. If it is 97 or 98% then I read the negative and neutral comments. 9 times out of 10, the feedback was left by some idiot or a NARU'd idiot.
Old 06-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

A neg always hurts, especially on a newer account where u are still under 50 or 100 feedbacks

But don't get discouraged, keep selling well and you never know, that account that you may feel is done could turn out to be your best account
Old 06-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
DON'T ABANDON THE ACCOUNT!!

Many eBay users do NOT pay any attention to feedback. What I would do is pick some small inexpensive item to sell that you know will be a good seller, and ship them the same day orders are received. In no time, your feedback percentages will come back up and that negative will be buried on page 4 of your feedback pages.

Given the fact that you have not had very many sales, I doubt eBay is going to hit you with the "below standard" warning. Usually that only kicks in once you have had a certain number of sales. Otherwise, anyone who had a negative who sold 5 items would be below standard.

I know it seems crazy, but I have seen sellers getting sales after TERRIBLE feedbacks:

Sold me a COUNTERFEIT COPY of this movie.
Cell Phone WAS STOLEN! BEWARE!!!
Laptop didn't work, seller refused to help, had to open eBay case to get my $$$ back!

I have seen ALL of these, yet buyers STILL buy from these people. So, I wouldn't abandon the account just because of ONE negative.
wow thank you for the help bro, this is a amazing response. Mines one of those terrible feedbacks. I really don't want to start over because i finally got past the 25 sales and got the paypal holding removed. Buyer is being extremely unresponsive and I've messaged him a few times, and all he wrote back is that he wants a refund.
Old 06-16-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
A neg always hurts, especially on a newer account where u are still under 50 or 100 feedbacks

But don't get discouraged, keep selling well and you never know, that account that you may feel is done could turn out to be your best account
thats the thing it wasn't a newer account but it didn't have many feedbacks :(

god damn and the buyer is being so unresponsive
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 81%

I just had an idiot leave me a neutral feedback and the feedback read great product fast shipping.. lol
Old 06-16-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJC05 View Post
I just had an idiot leave me a neutral feedback and the feedback read great product fast shipping.. lol
If it was me, I will contact that buyer and ebay to remove false feedback
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnol012 View Post
If it was me, I will contact that buyer and ebay to remove false feedback
Can't hurt to try - I had a buyer revise his feedback recently too
Old 06-17-2015

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lit View Post
2 weeks, and 2 problems with my transactions. First buyer claims he never got item, ok, it wasn't that expensive so i didn't even bother arguing against it because i knew i was never gonna win. Guy gets his refund then still has the audacity to leave a neutral rep on my profile. Like why? What do you gain out of that? After a bit of messaging between me and him I leave the dude so speechless he just writes in all caps stop messaging and harassing me or I'll report you to eBay

second one, a bit more expensive item, but instead of contacting me about the "problem" the buyer goes ahead, without any previous contact, just leaves a nasty and harsh neg on my profile. After that I'm sure nobody would want to buy anything from me again. Welcoming myself to the forum lol cheers
Sell as long as you can.
Never abandom account if you can sell.
For sure get few more accounts to be on a safe side
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

definitely don't abandon the account. also leave a response to the negative and neutral feedbacks in the feedback forum. it gives you a chance to explain yourself a bit. for example, if I have a customer leave me a negative saying "cheap, broke, didn't work" etc. I will respond to that feedback and say something along the lines of "buyer never contacted me, full refund/replacement offered." This will reassure any potential buyers reading your feedback history that you are attentive to any concerns and willing to work with customers.
Old 06-17-2015

I remember the old days when ebay allowed sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers. buyers thought 3x before leaving negative. everything was more balanced in all fairness. now its all lopsided with all power going to the buyer. buyers will leave negative just because it's a feeling a power they have on the internet that they don't have away from their computer. you can't please everyone in this world. many people are high maintenance. someone will always bitch and complain just to do it, because that's who they are

i sell high risk vero items - electronics! laptops, pc and video game consoles. i don't sell a ton, but my accounts never last long after a continuous month of selling. i'll get a competitor who will report my items, or a buyer who doesn't know how to use what i sell say "it doesn't work" and leave negative fb.

I don't rely on ebay as my source of income. i know many people here probably do, but it's almost like it's not worth it. it's just a lot of bs you have to deal with, from buyers, ebay, and paypal. closing your accounts, keeping your money, fb..it's a nightmare. many people here have the will power and are experts at playing the game..it's crazy
Old 06-17-2015

Longevity: 53%

Big Chinese sellers get over 30 negative feedback per month but they still survive and thrive.
Old 06-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Big Chinese sellers get over 30 negative feedback per month but they still survive and thrive.
China's the big dog. They pay the chunk of ebay's owners, investors, employees etc...bills