Handling Returns? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Handling Returns?

Hi, what do you do about returns?

Obviously my real name is 'MR THOMPSON' but my ebay name is 'MR PROCTOR', if buyer sends item back, well 2 things..

My address is different and my name is different.

Do you just email the buyer and explain you don't know how your name and address have been mixed up and you should send to this address and name instead, won't this look dodgy?

Also collections in the post office, they are absolute B**tards when it comes to details like initials when you try to collect your parcels.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanksy.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Handling Returns?

Or, create an account with an address you can access...

Imagine that...

Avoid communicating with a buyer regarding addresses.... Some may report you to ebay
Old 01-28-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoyager View Post
Hi, what do you do about returns?

Obviously my real name is 'MR THOMPSON' but my ebay name is 'MR PROCTOR', if buyer sends item back, well 2 things..

My address is different and my name is different.

Do you just email the buyer and explain you don't know how your name and address have been mixed up and you should send to this address and name instead, won't this look dodgy?

Also collections in the post office, they are absolute B**tards when it comes to details like initials when you try to collect your parcels.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanksy.

Besides getting an address you have access to like a UPS BOX with real address, you could email a paid postage to the buyer.

When they open a return request or message you, just accept the return and email them a paid return postage and have the returns delivered to any address you like.

Just make sure you use their paypal email address to send the postage and not eBay messaging
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
Chadisencoat (01-28-2016)
Old 01-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Or, create an account with an address you can access...

Imagine that...

Avoid communicating with a buyer regarding addresses.... Some may report you to ebay
You mean a friend or family? It's not as easy as dragging in friends in this mess.

Do ebay read messages? is it possible to just email buyer there? Just say something like I got wrong address listed and can't change it, I actually just took one number off my actual number, so my address is '21' (its not) but actually changed it on ebay as '2' so can just say there is an error.

???

How active are ebay on this stealth thing? do they have a department working on this or are we all just being overcautious? I bet they have automated bots yes, but a whole department of people?
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoyager View Post
You mean a friend or family? It's not as easy as dragging in friends in this mess.

Do ebay read messages? is it possible to just email buyer there? Just say something like I got wrong address listed and can't change it, I actually just took one number off my actual number, so my address is '21' (its not) but actually changed it on ebay as '2' so can just say there is an error.

???

How active are ebay on this stealth thing? do they have a department working on this or are we all just being overcautious? I bet they have automated bots yes, but a whole department of people?
I just tell them to return to my real address, less than 5% have a problem with it. If they do I just refund normally.

And yes most are overcautious (not that thats a bad thing). Personally not checked a IP address in about a year, have atleast 5 accounts I've not paid fees on, often transfer money between paypals and not been linked. I don't particularly care if my stealths get banned though other than 3 big ones that are all on a VPN and different laptops
Old 01-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Accessible address (e.g. po box) and accessible phone number
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Besides getting an address you have access to like a UPS BOX with real address, you could email a paid postage to the buyer.

When they open a return request or message you, just accept the return and email them a paid return postage and have the returns delivered to any address you like.

Just make sure you use their paypal email address to send the postage and not eBay messaging
This sounds like a very good option, thanks for sharing
Also, at least here in Spain, buyer wont see return address until he´s handing over the package at Post Office and already shipping, so no raise objections about mismatching address. Only if person knows paypal rules about returning/adress could problems arise afterwards maybe. I guess theres no perfect solution if not having another real accessible address.

Last edited by Chadisencoat; 01-28-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2016

Longevity: 48%

i'd email his personal email address and do nothing through ebay
Old 01-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Yeah stay away from ebay as much as possible.