Mc008 temporary account selling restriction - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Mc008 temporary account selling restriction

just found this forum after receiving an email last week stating

"a review of your ebay account has raised some concern that your use of services may not meet the guidelines of ebays us agreement"
-selling privleges temporarily restricted
-some listing removed (all that were scheduled were removed)

they asked for additional information including
-cover letter with user id, email, phone
- receipts or invoices for the items recently listed for sale which show supper name, contact, date and invoice no. (they did not specify which items just said recently listed)

once review of documents is complete you will be contacted by ebay."

i've sold over 2,400 items since 2000, normally selling around 30-40 items per month. some are new, some EUC. most items i sell are under $30. i sell a variety of items and sometimes sell purses that are mid range designer and these are normally EUC or new. i have never sold counterfeit. i was accused a year ago of selling a counterfeit $15 hat and seller even left fb stating it was counterfeit. i contacted ebay regarding this (perhaps a red flag to them) since it was not counterfeit and also the buyer retracted the fb in the end.

last week i think i made a mistake when i listed ten separate listings for sports apparal, same item, jsut different color and sizes, and also listed some nike kids shoes and clothing. all items are authentic and i do have receipts for them, bought on deep discount at outlets. i've also been listing some beauty items that have been targeted with counterfeits recently and i suspect the combo of these things triggered something. in any event i sent them a random assortment of receipts for clothing i listed, as well as a wholesaler invoice from beauty supplier and am waiting for the ax to drop.

i have read on here that MOST people get a permanent ban, not a temporary restriction so i am not sure if there is hope or not.....i will wait a few days and see what i hear from them.

i have gotten all of my $$ from paypal and have shipped all of the items i sold so there is nothing hanging out there. i have not heard anything from paypal but suspect if ebay bans me they will too...not sure why that happens exactly (i was fat dumb and happy so to speak not realizing how closely ebay tracks all this stuff or thinking they would pick on me...thought they had huge fish to fry, not a small time seller.... but i'm learning on this forum thats not true).

i'm bummed and have actually lost sleep over this the past two nights. i dont make a huge amount, this is a part time thing i do to earn extra money, but i have become accustomed to the $$.

when i read about the stealth accounts i get brain fog. i'm not a techie and wonder if i can pull this off...set up a stealth account. i will wait to see what happens within a week but i am sure if i am not banned i will be watched now and flagged so wonder also if i should just cut my losses and start fresh.

at present i am reading alot on this forum and learning what i can about stealth before taking any action.......i dont want to screw it up if i do it, it sounds to me very complicated for someone who is not that computer literate.

anything you all can give me as advice now for ebay and or paypal? present situation or future? i am not jumping into anything...just sitting tight, scared and semi panicked. ha.

thx all.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-22-2014

Longevity: 84%
Default Re: Mc008 temporary account selling restriction

first off welcome to the forums

I understand you want to keep selling and having bad dreams perhaps sleepless nights which most of us here all experienced so don't you worry

we here dealing with stealth accounts all the time so its rare someone like you show up and ask what they should do with their real account, here is my suggestion:

I say give them what they want than make sure you don't list those items included within that message and do not list for couple of days

my best advice to you would be to stay far away from brand names especially those with a lot of counterfeits and that should do it
Old 09-22-2014

Longevity: 59%

I'm probably the least tech savy person on these forums...BUT, I'm a very successful eBay Stealth seller..........you don't need to be really tech savy, there are plenty of those people here who are very generous with their advice!

Get the stealth guide, and supplement that reading with reading here in these forums and you will be surprised on how quickly it comes into focus for you....DO NOT be discouraged, ebay sucks, we've all been thru it...but, stay here, take my and others advice and you will get the last laugh on them! Welcome!
Old 09-26-2014

Longevity: 74%

Welcome to the forums!
I completely understand the sleepless nights, I was like that when it first happened to me years ago.
I also recommend getting the ebay Stealth Book. It is very helpful and step by step, you should be able to understand and follow it just fine. Also browse through some of the forum.
If you need any help after that let us know!